England

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

On a serious note, I thought both of their centre backs were awesome last night.

Agreed, the guy that scored is an absolute mountain.

On a serious note, I thought both of their centre backs were awesome last night.

Yup, made some class last ditch blocks and recovering headers in dangerous areas.

Guest firetotheworks

Sanchez, Mina, and Godin have been the centre backs of the tournament so far imo.

Sanchez, Mina, and Godin have been the centre backs of the tournament so far imo.

I don't rate Mina tbh, he's class at scoring from corners but defensively i've seen him get beaten multiple times against us and against Senegal.

He looks very mistake prone to me.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't rate Mina tbh, he's class at scoring from corners but defensively i've seen him get beaten multiple times against us and against Senegal.

Really? Both him and Sanchez have looked imperious when I've watched them. I didn't see them against Japan mind.

Sanchez has been very good, Japan game aside. I'm quite surprised tbh as i've been critical of him also when playing for Spurs but he's very young so it's not surprising.

But yeah i saw Sterling beat Mina quite often he just ended up doing nothing with it, saw multiple Senegal players do the same. He seems to move very slowly in closed spaces but i would have serious questions if he didn't considering the bloke is fucking massive. :lol:

I think he'd be really good for a team where he doesn't get isolated, but his ability to defend smaller players 1 v 1 does concern me.

Watching all the scenes of people celebrating last night just feels me with joy.

Was at a gig last night, luckily in the entrance of the resort they were showing the game and the main act was on at 9:15 so managed to catch the 90. But missed ET and pens, which is a blessing by the sounds of things :lol: Halfway through the setlist, when the penalties were going on, everyone was looking at there phones, waiting to get the text and when Dier scored the whole place erupted, was class, made the rest of the gig much more enjoyable as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Pickford will have gained huge confidence with his match saving penalty save and the players must now use winning on pens to fear no-one and nothing. We need to assert ourselves against Sweden and show what e are made of because we must play better than we did against Colombia. I was especially pleased for the manager who has went through penalty heartbreak before as a player.

Really? Both him and Sanchez have looked imperious when I've watched them. I didn't see them against Japan mind.

3 goals in 4 is pretty astounding for a centre back like. Looked good enough defensively against us too imo, clearly a solid player with much potential still to be realised.

During an appearance as a pundit with Argentinian TV station teleSUR, Maradona suggested that Harry Kane cheated in the game. He also pointed the finger of blame at FIFA and referees chief Pierluigi Collin for the 'theft'.

He said: “I saw a monumental theft. I apologise to all the Colombian people, but they must know the players are not to blame.

"It is the man who decides who the referee is who is to blame. A man like that (Geiger) should not be put in charge of a game of that magnitude. With all due respect, Pierluigi Collina, as the man who designates the referees, he is very bad. He must apologise to the Colombian people.

"The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them."

Maradona kept going. He feels that if he worked for Fifa, these types of 'travesties' would not happen. He believes if VAR was consulted for Kane's penalty, it would not have been given.

He added: "I told (FIFA president) Gianni Infantino that if I worked for Fifa I would change everything. It has to be transparent. That's why I didn't go there.

"Twice the English threw themselves to the ground and he did not admonish them. This was theft.The penalty was not a foul. In fact, it was Kane's fault.

"The referee is looking somewhere else and when he turns his head, Kane is on the floor. Kane used his arm to hook Sanchez and then threw himself down.

"I repeat, why didn't the referee ask for the VAR? Colombia died standing. That's why I applaud them."

The amount of bullshit he's spewing is actually impressive :clap:

Obviously I'm biased as fuck, but we weren't the bad guys last night right?

You were absolute fucking cunts and an American ref should never work an English match. Should be an inquest.

You were absolute fucking cunts and an American ref should never work an English match. Should be an inquest.

#rattled

#rattled

:lol: I'm so rattled, man. Everyone except us is having fun.

Guest firetotheworks

UN...LUCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHA

Guest firetotheworks

The Yanks would have been out by now anyway on account of them being absolutely hopeless.

Guest firetotheworks

We were the goodies with a bad streak, a John McClane or Martin Riggs if you will.