England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Lord Livra probably a better choice for LB and back up RB than Trippier based on this season. Was never going to happen mind. 

That's just ridiculous that like 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

That's just ridiculous that like 😂😂

Is it? Trippier has had a pretty fucking rough season for us, and Livramento looked excellent filling in at left back.

Obviously Trippier brings a lot more than just his ability to a tournament, and that has to be considered, so I'm not saying Southgate made the wrong decision there. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Is it? Trippier has had a pretty fucking rough season for us, and Livramento looked excellent filling in at left back.

Obviously Trippier brings a lot more than just his ability to a tournament, and that has to be considered, so I'm not saying Southgate made the wrong decision there. 

We're talking the England national team at the Euros man. Livra isn't ready at RB never mind the opposite side. I mean how many times has he played there ffs 😂😂😂 (*) 

Regardless of the struggles Tripps has had this season he's legit international class, either side. Added experience into a squad packed with younguns. 

No brainer given Shaw's situation. 

* there's a post I made, a few weeks ago somewhere, stating my considered opinion where I can see Tino and Hall as England's full backs. 

Time will tell. 

If he goes with the front 6 of 

Rice

Bellingham

Saka

Foden

Gordon

Kane 

We can definitely dream, love it. Are we seeing Southgate 2.0, some big calls with the squad, buzzing for it now!

Am I mad for preferring Palmer over Saka ? 

------Rice-Wharton-------

-Palmer-Bellingham-Foden-

-----------Kane-----------

Would love for Gordon to get an opportunity somewhere, mind.

6 hours ago, mondonewc said:

If he goes with the front 6 of 

Rice

Bellingham

Saka

Foden

Gordon

Kane 

We can definitely dream, love it. Are we seeing Southgate 2.0, some big calls with the squad, buzzing for it now!

Wonder if this squad and bit ruthlessness is his audition for the Man U job. :lol:

Posted (edited)

The defence is the major issue, Stones hasn't been playing and the others are all varying degrees of unproven. Trippier has been way below his top level, Shaw isn't fit, etc.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

22 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wonder if this squad and bit ruthlessness is his audition for the Man U job. :lol:

:)I was absolutely certain he was leaving after this Euros but with this squad he's named I'm not so sure... 

6 hours ago, HawK said:

Am I mad for preferring Palmer over Saka ? 

------Rice-Wharton-------

-Palmer-Bellingham-Foden-

-----------Kane-----------

Would love for Gordon to get an opportunity somewhere, mind.

Saka tailed off towards the end of the season whereas Palmer got stronger. It's the right move IMO.

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Got to be England's best available team starting tonight 

Swap Bellingham for Maino, and Saka for either Palmer or Gordon and that'll be it imo.

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Glad he's putting Foden in the middle seemingly. And yeah Bellingham in for Mainoo and Saka fighting with Palmer and you'd imagine that's the front 6, with Kane Better be anyway. 

Yeah but I hope it’s not just because Bellingham isn’t ready.