England

Yorkie
Message added by Disco,

Use the Euros forum please - https://newcastle-online.org/forum/36-euro-2024/

Southgate seems to feed off this tedious, slow, safety-first football. A team entirely set up to reflect the personality of the manager. It's quite impressive how he's made watching what should be one of the most exciting teams in international football an absolute fucking chore.

See that a fair bit with keepers. They see the shot late and try to get down to it. Simply has to be a save with the foot from Ramsdale, you’ve no hope of getting to it any other way. 

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Has the new season started yet?

I was thinking the same, just find it so hard to get enthused about international football.

6 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

It's weird the lack of chemistry between Tripps and Gordon.

Palmer has been class though, it's amazing to think SaKa will be on the bench, in some positions England are stacked.

Why is it weird? They don’t usually play on the same side…

Just now, BGRM said:

I was thinking the same, just find it so hard to get enthused about international football.

But 3 Lions! Footballs coming home!

What? We're losing to Iceland again!

Sigh. Bring on next season...

Mixed bag. Feels a bit disjointed the play, individual quality at final moment lacking too. 

Gordon done well from a Newcastle perspective. Like a 7/10. 

1 minute ago, BGRM said:

I give zero fucks about England most of the time then get hyped for tournaments but this is really testing that approach. Dreary stuff. 

I really don't care about a friendly, I'll be hyped when the groups start but don't care if we lose this. Just want Gordon to do well, and it seems like he's showing a bit of spark 

1 minute ago, Lordshola said:

Why is it weird? They don’t usually play on the same side…

They train with each other so should have some understanding of how each other move and play.

Can't actually remember them playing on the left together at all. I will be happy to never see it for the toon.

1 minute ago, Jill said:

I give zero fucks about England most of the time then get hyped for tournaments but this is really testing that approach. Dreary stuff. 

Pre-tournament friendlies are rarely different to the mid-season ones. They're almost always rubbish.

Germany losing at home to Greece n'all. 

Palmer is incredible IMO. Not in this game, but in general. Sticks in the throat to say it because he plays for Chelsea but he is something special.

:lol: Walker did not give a single fuck about that Iceland counter.

A true reflection of the tournament to come I'm sure. 

Spare a though for gammons trying to decide whether to watch England lose against Iceland or watch Labour sweeping into power.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Pre-tournament friendlies are rarely different to the mid-season ones. They're almost always rubbish.

Germany losing at home to Greece n'all. 

It’s as weak a German side as you’ll ever see, and Greece are European middleweights.

This is rancid shite from what I’m watching.  Southgate has got by the entire time on the talent available to him.  

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: Walker did not give a single fuck about that Iceland counter.

A true reflection of the tournament to come I'm sure. 

Get knocked out early. Go on holiday. Get paid.