Latest Fans Forum 'minutes' released

JJ7

Along with the letters it's another hey look we're communicating exercise. So fuck?

I don't think it is. I think it's a pain in the arse forced on them by uefa and they do it as quietly and as obstinately as they can.

They don't email out the minutes or publicise it in any way other than if you go to the website and seek it out.

They say as little as possible and with increasing frequency just say "Already answered, look at the minutes from last time".

They don't have to it though do they? How well they do it is neither here nor there.

Yes they do. Uefa rules.

Along with the letters it's another hey look we're communicating exercise. So f***?

I don't think it is. I think it's a pain in the arse forced on them by uefa and they do it as quietly and as obstinately as they can.

They don't email out the minutes or publicise it in any way other than if you go to the website and seek it out.

They say as little as possible and with increasing frequency just say "Already answered, look at the minutes from last time".

They don't have to it though do they? How well they do it is neither here nor there.

Yes they do. Uefa rules.

Then penalty of which would be.. a ban from Europe?

:pardsgrin: :pardsgrin: :pardsgrin:

The one question I would like to ask is "Since Mike Ashley took control of the club in 2007 it has lost around 10,000 (or 25%) of it's season ticket holders. Why do you think that is and what can you do to try to attract them back or even bring in new ones?"

No doubt they'd refuse to answer it.

Some bullshit comment about how season tickets continue to sell in high volume and SJP is full to capacity at home games so no need to worry, nothing needs to change.

The one question I would like to ask is "Since Mike Ashley took control of the club in 2007 it has lost around 10,000 (or 25%) of it's season ticket holders. Why do you think that is and what can you do to try to attract them back or even bring in new ones?"

Some bullshit comment about how season tickets continue to sell in high volume and SJP is full to capacity at home games so no need to worry, nothing needs to change.

Chatting to Marshall earlier he mentioned "50,000 every game" and caught my reaction so corrected himself to say "well not last week" then realised and said "or the game before" [emoji38]

Apparently I'll be talking to Steve Tickle next :)

Chatting to Marshall earlier he mentioned "50,000 every game" and caught my reaction so corrected himself to say "well not last week" then realised and said "or the game before" [emoji38]

They messed up with their season ticket pricing. A standard 1 year season ticket in the Gallowgate is £600. To put that into perspective an equivalent seat at Sunderland (our nearest PL club) is £390. You're talking £710 if you want to sit in the East Stand. Put simply it's too much to pay for most people in this part of the country and the football and general match day experience doesn't warrant that sort of outlay anyway.

The thing is I believe the club realise they have priced their season tickets far too high which is why we're probably the only club in the country where it's cheaper to pay match by match rather than buy a season ticket (usually I'd say buying a season ticket would equate to 3/4 games a season worth of savings as a rule). They've tried to justify this by increasing match day prices slightly but this, coupled with a big drop in season ticket sales (regardless of them trying to tell us otherwise) is the main reason crowds are down and will continue to fall further.

Not sure how they can reverse this downward spiral. An obvious way would be to slash season ticket prices across the board which, if we stayed up, wouldn't be an issue with the huge increase in TV revenue but with people on all sorts of different fixed deals it may not be possible to do it.

Either way they've created this mess so it's down to them to sort out the problem of ever increasing empty seats at home games.

They messed up with their season ticket pricing. A standard 1 year season ticket in the Gallowgate is £600. To put that into perspective an equivalent seat at Sunderland (our nearest PL club) is £390. You're talking £710 if you want to sit in the East Stand. Put simply it's too much to pay for most people in this part of the country and the football and general match day experience doesn't warrant that sort of outlay anyway.

The thing is I believe the club realise they have priced their season tickets far too high which is why we're probably the only club in the country where it's cheaper to pay match by match rather than buy a season ticket (usually I'd say buying a season ticket would equate to 3/4 games a season worth of savings as a rule). They've tried to justify this by increasing match day prices slightly but this, coupled with a big drop in season ticket sales (regardless of them trying to tell us otherwise) is the main reason crowds are down and will continue to fall further.

Not sure how they can reverse this downward spiral. An obvious way would be to slash season ticket prices across the board which, if we stayed up, wouldn't be an issue with the huge increase in TV revenue but with people on all sorts of different fixed deals it may not be possible to do it.

Either way they've created this mess so it's down to them to sort out the problem of ever increasing empty seats at home games.

Nah sorry the main reason sales are down is the standard of the team over a number of years - if we had a team consistently in the top half and an owner/board showing signs of ambition and without the total crass mismanagement we would have no problem with season ticket sales. I can afford  season ticket and have for 40 year but I refuse to go to watch substandard football and a board openly and constantly taking the piss out of its supporters.

Nah sorry the main reason sales are down is the standard of the team over a number of years - if we had a team consistently in the top half and an owner/board showing signs of ambition and without the total crass mismanagement we would have no problem with season ticket sales. I can afford  season ticket and have for 40 year but I refuse to go to watch substandard football and a board openly and constantly taking the p*ss out of its supporters.

Ticket prices are a huge factor and is the reason we couldn't even get 50,000 against Man Utd last season but had 52,000 against the likes of Leicester, QPR and Burnley because tickets are 15 or 20 quid cheaper.

I had a season ticket for 24 years up until this season. I got an email off NUFC saying tickets were available for today priced from £30. Would I pay £30 to watch that team play? Well the fact I'm sitting in the house typing this gives you the answer. Would I have paid £15-£20? Aye I probably would because I think that represents reasonable value for money given the standard of our team and the league we play in.

I agree with a lot of what you say and it isn't solely the ticket prices keeping me away, the way the club has been run for the best part is the main reason, other reasons include the fact I find the football, atmosphere and the PL in general boring as well. Another big reason is the amount of games that are totally ruined by the referee these days, not what you want when tickets are so expensive but cheaper tickets would certainly help sway people who are in 2 minds about whether to go along or not.

• 3 months later...