New striker

jake_horne76

I'd be happy with anyone that's been consistently scoring goals for the last few seasons. Fed up of taking chances on strikers that are out of form, out of favour or cheap for any other reason and just hoping they belie their price tag so that we can immediately sell them to someone else for their benefit.

Goalscorers cost money. Spend some fucking money.

I'd be happy with anyone that's been consistently scoring goals for the last few seasons. Fed up of taking chances on strikers that are out of form, out of favour or cheap for any other reason and just hoping they belie their price tag so that we can immediately sell them to someone else for their benefit.

Goalscorers cost money. Spend some fucking money.

I think the closest we will get to this is Austin.

Charlie Austin just scored around 20 goals in a team worse than we were. If you're a good striker you'll score goals.

QPR didn't go down because they didn't create chances, they were a lot better than us in that department. Most strikers would struggle to score for a team which doesn't put decent delivery into the box, doesn't pass through midfield or have decent off the ball movement.

Charlie Austin just scored around 20 goals in a team worse than we were. If you're a good striker you'll score goals.

QPR didn't go down because they didn't create chances, they were a lot better than us in that department. Most strikers would struggle to score for a team which doesn't put decent delivery into the box, doesn't pass through midfield or have decent off the ball movement.

Only scored 2 more goals than us.

Guest Roger Kint

Carroll :anguish:

Rather not bother and keep Cisse

Well that's a no-brainer.

Not to a lot of fans

Is it just me or is there a lack of quality strikers out there these days? Realistic ones i mean..

There's plenty, we just won't pay the money for them.

Not wishing to put you on the spot - but can you give some examples?  I've been trying to think about who I would want us to buy because none of the proposed names really fill me with much confidence.

Mitrovic would probably be the best fit for a CL club. For us with our limited ability to play effective football, someone like Austin would probably be better, especially as he is suited to playing English football for a poor side.

Yeah but quite a few of them would just laugh at us even if we were prepared to pay the money :lol:

Not if we were ran remotely decently. If you look at it that way the only players we can get are at worse clubs than us and there isn't many of them knocking about :lol:

There's literally no reason we can't get Benteke, Villa finished below us. We could get Berhaino if we wanted to, Lacazette/Fekir would want to play in the PL.  Bacca prob an unrealistic shout but f*** it.

The amount of money kicking about, in particular at NUFC means we should be able to attract good players.

Except the fact a number of Champions League clubs would take him  and he'd get at least double the wages we'd be willing to pay. Other than that, literally no reason.  :dowiespin:

Tbf we could have signed Bacca when he was at Club Brugge after playing against them in the Europa league, had he been scouted and we bothered to spend money. He would have only cost about £4-5mil and he's had a good record throughout his career so would have been well worth a punt.

Unrelated but I can remember going back 10 years ago us being in the UEFA Cup when we were linked with every single one of the main strikers we came up against. Kezman at PSV, Drogba at Marseille and Huntelaar at Heerenveen spring to mind. Standard journalism but now they know we don't want to sign anybody - ever - so they keep their mouths shut and talk about 'monitoring' as it's more believable.

Yeah but quite a few of them would just laugh at us even if we were prepared to pay the money :lol:

Not if we were ran remotely decently. If you look at it that way the only players we can get are at worse clubs than us and there isn't many of them knocking about :lol:

There's literally no reason we can't get Benteke, Villa finished below us. We could get Berhaino if we wanted to, Lacazette/Fekir would want to play in the PL.  Bacca prob an unrealistic shout but f*** it.

The amount of money kicking about, in particular at NUFC means we should be able to attract good players.

Except the fact a number of Champions League clubs would take him  and he'd get at least double the wages we'd be willing to pay. Other than that, literally no reason.  :dowiespin:

Would they? Who? Spurs but they aren't CL? I can't think of any in the PL, Pay him the right money and he will come.

What you mean is pay him over the odds in order to overcome his reluctance to join.