Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

29 touches on the ball today :lol:

Yet some people criticise Sissoko for doing nothing in games or being lazy.

Yeah he was terrible but cmon his contribution this season has been at another levek to Sissoko and that shows the big problem as away from home Gini has been terrible but Sissoko apart from the odd moment has had a shocking season.

Sissoko has not had a shocking season

Don't talk shiten man he has been terrible

He's been one of our only players who hasn't been terrible this season

Unreal but ok you have your opinion and that's fine

This guy can play - we know that - but when he is finished with football he will have another great second career by going on stage and re-inventing himself as 'The Invisible Man'....esp when he is not playing to home audiences....

The fact we create nothing away from home and rarely have the ball in the opposition penalty area is exactly why he struggles away from home, he's a goalscoring midfielder who doesnt get a chance away from SJP

The lad can play as well. He can get a hold of the ball and run with it and is a good passer. He was just totally disinterested last night and woefully unfocused.

Tbh Evertons 2 DMs closed him down real quick first half when he got the ball. And he really didnt try to make him self available much.

I would drop him for next away match and move Perez to no 10

Such an odd player.  Arguably been our player of the season.  Yet he for the most part, he is tragic when we're not playing at home.  Like there are actually 10 minute spells, where you don't hear his name called or even realise he's on the pitch. 

Seems strange to drop your top scorer.  But I think I'd leave him out for Chelsea.  He offers nowt when we play away. 

Don't think it's all on him, mind.  Our tactics away from home all season has been 'don't let the other team score, don't get forward in numbers, don't try and keep possession and defend as deep as possible.'  It's been working really well so far.

Not the first time he's had 90 minutes and been totally anonymous. When he's having games like that he needs subbing. Half time if we have to. Or plain dropped for away games.

It's been like this literally all season. How SMC hasn't picked up on this and hooked him is a crime. Pretty much play with 10 men away from home. He doesn't do anything.

Such an odd player.  Arguably been our player of the season.  Yet he for the most part, he is tragic when we're not playing at home.  Like there are actually 10 minute spells, where you don't hear his name called or even realise he's on the pitch. 

Seems strange to drop your top scorer.  But I think I'd leave him out for Chelsea.  He offers nowt when we play away. 

Don't think it's all on him, mind.  Our tactics away from home all season has been 'don't let the other team score, don't get forward in numbers, don't try and keep possession and defend as deep as possible.'  It's been working really well so far.

Quietly kept - he pulls similar performances at home a few times, although there's a good chance he'll score. He's not a player who seems to want to get on the ball and dictate a game.

For sure - SMC is getting it wrong away from home but it's never a tactic to have an invisible player.

Not the first time he's had 90 minutes and been totally anonymous. When he's having games like that he needs subbing. Half time if we have to. Or plain dropped for away games.

It's been like this literally all season. How SMC hasn't picked up on this and hooked him is a crime. Pretty much play with 10 men away from home. He doesn't do anything.

This x a million. Only a professional outfit would dare to drop their best overall player and scorer in favor of getting actual results when needed. His radar was totally off last night. He didn't seem to anticipate passes to and from teammates, made the wrong runs, head down...he was a total mess.

He really is a bit like SDJ as no 10 in away games. Not moving to channels which would open up space in the middle, not coming deep to collect it, not making runs past his strike partner. Is that the instruction that he must stick right as a no 10 and make no move whatsoever? Home games he seems to everywhere, making tricks near the corner flag and overloading at wings and sometimes making late runs in to the box.

Quietly kept - he pulls similar performances at home a few times, although there's a good chance he'll score. He's not a player who seems to want to get on the ball and dictate a game.

For sure - SMC is getting it wrong away from home but it's never a tactic to have an invisible player.

Well yeah, I'd certainly hope it isn't :lol:  But the whole team are that bad away from home and we're so negative, I don't see how he is supposed to dictate a game or get on the ball more?  You think that isn't contributing to him being an 'invisible player.'  He could get more involved, granted.  But what if his instructions are to play as a 10 further up the pitch?  Is he meant to then drop deep and start looking for the ball?  Who knows.  We don't have a gameplan away from home, as far as I can see.

I think since he's been shifted to play from the left to play as a 10, on the whole, he has been far better.  But his away form is a big concern.  But then again, the whole team's away form is horrendous.  He played well at Arsenal.  That's the only away game I can remember seeing where he's done much.  I think he has usually been good at home.  At least in the last couple of months, anyway.