Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

I thought he was pretty good first half, did a decent job on the left in an unfamiliar role, got in some good delivery when given the chance, and still tracked back pretty well to stop Swansea from getting at Dummett one on one. In the second he disappeared and I would put that down to our change in tactics where we dropped back to protect the goal lead and that's not his game.

He's obviously a good player like, his touch and ball control is top notch and he obviously has an eye for goal but he needs us to be playing with fluidity which we cannot do.

Pretty much any player who lacks physicality or restraint is going to look god awful.

This.  I don't think his ability is in question.  His close control, the way he turns to shake off his man, his finishing and the runs he makes, are all quality.  But he is obviously a gutless bastard.  I can't remember the last good game he had?!

He has had games where he has looked almost world class.  So I don't think it's a case of him just playing well above his ability, on a few occasions.  It just seems like he hasn't got the heart for the fight and goes missing all too often.

Massive shame, as we could do with some of his quality, right now.  But the way he is strolling about the pitch.  We could really do with playing someone in his place.  You know, someone that is actually interested in fighting for the team. 

I thought he played well against Man City, as did most (except Guoffran) in the first half. Mbabu had Sterling in his pocket, and we went to pieces when he went off injured. Aguero, Silva, and De Buyne were exceptional that day, but Gini looked up for it, as if he wanted to prove himself against the best. I expect him to do the same again, and hope he gets the chance. With a few rested players, and a little good luck instead of bad (disallowed goal, key injury) there may just be a good time a coming...

He was class against Liverpool and Man U, as well.  So he only gets pumped up and plays well, against big name clubs? 

I thought he was pretty good first half, did a decent job on the left in an unfamiliar role, got in some good delivery when given the chance, and still tracked back pretty well to stop Swansea from getting at Dummett one on one. In the second he disappeared and I would put that down to our change in tactics where we dropped back to protect the goal lead and that's not his game.

Yep - he played well in the first half, which coincided with us getting the ball to him a bit more.  Faded in the second half and it was the right decision to bring him off in the second half.

I think people underestimate how hard it is to influence a game as a winger if the ball isn't supplied to you regularly enough.  You can't go chasing the ball and ruining the shape of the team.

Guest reefatoon

De Jong against City plz.

Would you play De Jong on the left to replace him? If so, that won't work at all. Or are you wanting Sissoko moved back out wide after he had one of his better games in the middle for a long while?

De Jong against City plz.

Would you play De Jong on the left to replace him? If so, that won't work at all. Or are you wanting Sissoko moved back out wide after he had one of his better games in the middle for a long while?

Never really thought about that to be honest, would be tempted to move Sissoko left and have the midfield three of Tiote, Colback and De Jong more advanced.

Could always play Perez wide left though I suppose and keep the team similar to Swansea game.

Just feel with the little impact Wiji is having at the moment it will actually be like having 11 on the pitch rather than 10.

Yep - he played well in the first half, which coincided with us getting the ball to him a bit more.  Faded in the second half and it was the right decision to bring him off in the second half.

I think people underestimate how hard it is to influence a game as a winger if the ball isn't supplied to you regularly enough.  You can't go chasing the ball and ruining the shape of the team.

Well it's easy to get on the ball as a midfielder and attacking midfielder and he didn't seem to want it then either

Yeah a lot of excuses getting made for him still. He's still one of the more talented players in our squad, but he hasn't been even remotely effective for a long time.

I can see why he's not been dropped though because ultimately you come into a new club, identify the best players, and try to get them back to showing why they were rated in the first place. With 5 games left time's running out for him to snap into form though.

His off the ball movement was shocking on Saturday, I sat in the Milburn paddock 3rd row towards the Leazes end for the first time so he was playing right in front of me, he hardly ever moved into space whenever those around him (Dummet, Lascessel, Colback, Tiote, etc.) had the ball to make himself available. Didn't see that interested and rather lazy, has undoubted quality when on the ball but hardly ever on the ball.

His off the ball movement was shocking on Saturday, I sat in the Milburn paddock 3rd row towards the Leazes end for the first time so he was playing right in front of me, he hardly ever moved into space whenever those around him (Dummet, Lascessel, Colback, Tiote, etc.) had the ball to make himself available. Didn't see that interested and rather lazy, has undoubted quality when on the ball but hardly ever on the ball.

Thank you.

He's a cowardly bastard and is actively hiding from the ball. Please Rafa, bench the twat tomorrow.

Thank you.

He's a cowardly b****** and is actively hiding from the ball. Please Rafa, bench the t*** tomorrow.

Or, he's a foreign player playing his first season in this league in a struggling team.

Thank you.

He's a cowardly b****** and is actively hiding from the ball. Please Rafa, bench the t*** tomorrow.

Or, he's a foreign player playing his first season in this league in a struggling team.

Bait?

Yeah that's some reddit levels of bait right there.

I was at Southampton away and he was actively hiding from the ball. Literally making himself unavailable for possession by running into blind alleys/busy zones.

He'll be one of the first away when we go down. I'd be staggered if he's not got his next move lined up already.