Georginio Wijnaldum

Disco

Put a decent defensive shift in tbf.

Disagree. He was ok going forward and looks to make runs behind, but defensively he just coasts around. He's not up for it and doesn't deserve to play but Rafa is obviously hoping he can create a goal and is sacrificing defensive duties for that possibility.

He spent most of the game behind the ball from what I saw, made a couple of interceptions and got the ball away a few times.

Yeah, but he doesn't press at all. He fails to track runners regularly. He slides into position and then is essentially a cone. If we win the ball suddenly he's a Ferrari taking off. What Rafa wants defensively from that position is what Townsend does. He's constantly closing down the wings.

Thought he was decent today. Retained possession a few times when most others would have lost it and played a few good passes. We need him back to his best these next few games. If we can somehow get him and Shelvey firing again then that will be half the battle.

He showed he was a good player in the first half of the season. It's clear there's something wrong with his attitude or mentality though.

Or the pace and physical side of the premiership has been too much for him in his first season which is more than likely.

He showed he was a good player in the first half of the season. It's clear there's something wrong with his attitude or mentality though.

Or the pace and physical side of the premiership has been too much for him in his first season which is more than likely.

He's weak as piss man!

He'll definitely be gone next season imo, irrespective of the league we're in.

I thought he did ok today. Was much more involved, and had a good chance when he wriggled into the box. There's still a good player in there but it's clear his confidence has been shot.

Agree with this but I'm not sure how it's the case, when every other players including even Sissoko seems to have regained theirs.

I don't think it's the pace and physical side that is holding him back

Thought he was fine - quiet, but decent enough on the ball when called upon. Did very well in the first half to put Townsend through twice. Most of our play tends to come down the right as well - first with Sissoko/Janmaat, now with Townsend/Anita - which probably doesn't help.

He's just not involved or influencing the game in any shape or form.

He had one burst of pace into the box early 2nd half but seemed to delay shooting and the chance was gone, otherwise anonymous.

We can't afford any passengers.

I just watched game of the day there and tbf he seemed involved quite a bit, certainly miles better than he has been for months.

He was, it's daft how people seem to have an opinion of him and can't see it when he's not too bad.

I just watched game of the day there and tbf he seemed involved quite a bit, certainly miles better than he has been for months.

He was, it's daft how people seem to have an opinion of him and can't see it when he's not too bad.

"Not too bad" just isn't enough when he could do so much better.