Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Iirc, and those of you of a certain age please help me out, but the patter (irrespective of the song) about Andy Cole was similar, in that that he wasted a lot of chances. Thing was he also scored s*** loads. He was always there or thereabouts in the right place, and had a plentiful supply from a phenomenal supporting cast. Wishful thinking maybe, despite their different styles, I can see signs of this 'gift' in Mitro. Think Coley was about the same age/bit older when he joined us. Hoping Mitro follows in the same tracks.

(No, I don't mean falls out with the manager and f's off to Man U at the first opportunity!)

Cole's conversion rate was excellent for us. He was as lethal as they come whilst here.

No arguing with his his record. Phenomal. Best ever return. Loved the guy, bumped into him (and t'others) regularly at Maiden Castle. Just relaying a view at the time by 'toon-obsessed' company I kept, that he wasted loads. Never agreed with it/ always found myself one of the more positive fans but these older and more 'credible' fans moaned about it. Can't place it in time, but guess it was second season/premiership main point is being there, on the end of chances, is key. Add a rub of the green and increased confidence which comes from them going in,and Mitro could have a career defining season/ develop real self-belief.

What was his conversion rate? Genuine sense was people always going on about needing 4 chances to score. Which evidently wasn't true but nevertheless was the Low Fell patter.

Don't know the stats but I didn't miss many games home/away then and he rarely disappointed. Ferdinand wasn't as good a finisher I dare say.

What was his conversion rate? Genuine sense was people always going on about needing 4 chances to score. Which evidently wasn't true but nevertheless was the Low Fell patter.

Don't know the stats but I didn't miss many games home/away then and he rarely disappointed. Ferdinand wasn't as good a finisher I dare say.

Ferdinand wasn't as good a finisher but I'd take him every time over Cole. Purely footballing decision aswell.

Comparing the 3rd all time PL goalscorer to Mitro is taking the piss about tbh

Just looking at the stats - by % rate a hell of a lot of Shearer's goals were scored at home/. Probably because we would be attacking in the majority of home games. Had he played for Man U he would be up in the 300's. Rooney's only scored 1 less away goal, Lampard 2 less and Cole 4 less.

Iirc, and those of you of a certain age please help me out, but the patter (irrespective of the song) about Andy Cole was similar, in that that he wasted a lot of chances. Thing was he also scored s*** loads. He was always there or thereabouts in the right place, and had a plentiful supply from a phenomenal supporting cast. Wishful thinking maybe, despite their different styles, I can see signs of this 'gift' in Mitro. Think Coley was about the same age/bit older when he joined us. Hoping Mitro follows in the same tracks.

(No, I don't mean falls out with the manager and f's off to Man U at the first opportunity!)

Absolutely NO comparison between Cole and Mitrovic - Cole had far more pace, especially off the mark, and was a hit from the moment he was put into the side. Mitrovic's best quality is as a target man and he will never get even half of Cole's 93/94 total of 41 goals in a season.

Cole was an instinctive striker, perhaps even more so than Shearer, although Shearer was a better all-round CF - Mitro is nowhere near to either player and I doubt he ever will be.

We need a better goalscorer than we currently have or it may end up costing us dearly and I bet Rafa thinks along the same lines.

I was comparing a couple of strikers in their very early twenties, not one who we know went on to break records vs one with an unknown future. Also it is obvious/goes without saying (even though, for the hard of thinking,  I did say it) they have different styles. Point was strikers miss and fans moan. Even the best miss. If you've Beardsley, Sellars, & Lee et al lining up multiple chances your also going to score.  Mitro could get a good run of confidence building Championship goals ( just like the young Andy) which sets his career off on a similar trajectory.

Andy Cole's conversion rate was a lot better for us than many believe, he gets criticism largely for chances he missed for England. My biggest concern with Mitro is the number of times he's actually took air shots when presented with a chance, he may well turn out to be a confidence goal scorer rather than a natural goal scorer. The sooner he bags a goal the better and missing the first 4 games doesn't help.

Can't see Mitro doing a Charity Shield though. Cole is dead to me.

Yep. That was tough to stomach and wholly unnecessary (despite personal fallout). I did like the Cantona-Cole joke though:

Why does Cantona wear his collar up?

To stop his neck getting dirty from carrying Cole(coal).

Iirc, and those of you of a certain age please help me out, but the patter (irrespective of the song) about Andy Cole was similar, in that that he wasted a lot of chances. Thing was he also scored shit loads. He was always there or thereabouts in the right place, and had a plentiful supply from a phenomenal supporting cast. Wishful thinking maybe, despite their different styles, I can see signs of this 'gift' in Mitro. Think Coley was about the same age/bit older when he joined us. Hoping Mitro follows in the same tracks.

I cannot remember Cole missing many chances (if any) to be honest. 68 goals in 84 games tells it's own story.

Iirc, and those of you of a certain age please help me out, but the patter (irrespective of the song) about Andy Cole was similar, in that that he wasted a lot of chances. Thing was he also scored shit loads. He was always there or thereabouts in the right place, and had a plentiful supply from a phenomenal supporting cast. Wishful thinking maybe, despite their different styles, I can see signs of this 'gift' in Mitro. Think Coley was about the same age/bit older when he joined us. Hoping Mitro follows in the same tracks.

I cannot remember Cole missing many chances (if any) to be honest. 68 goals in 84 games tells it's own story.

i remember this about cole like but more once he left us...he was clinical as fuck in the short time he had with us but when he went to manyoo it was mentioned a lot that he needed XX chances to bury one etc.

difference was at manyoo he got that amount of chances every single fucking game :lol:

'Strikers miss chances' does not excuse poor finishing over the course of a season.

Think the Misstrovic like comments are a bit embarrassing and over the top but it's a legitimate concern when we're back up there.

Cole's conversion rate was excellent for us. He was as lethal as they come whilst here.

This.

Imre Varadi was the most erratic striker I can remember for us, but he was still twice the player Mitrovic is.

I just really don't get the hero worship for the kid. It's based on absolutely fuck all.

He didn't need 4 chances, he needed Beardsley.

Still an absolute bargain at 1.5m

This.

Imre Varadi was the most erratic striker I can remember for us, but he was still twice the player Mitrovic is.

I just really don't get the hero worship for the kid. It's based on absolutely fuck all.

That's probably because it doesn't exist. A fair few people, me included,  rate him as a good prospect and like him as a player. Don't see a lot of this hero worship you're on about.

It shouldn't need to be said again like, but he's 21.

"Hero worship" is something you've just made up to give yourself something to argue against.

Exactly.

People recognise he's young, hard-working and wants to do well, and as a result want to give him a chance to do so. 

'hero worship' ffs.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone find record of Beardo's assists record per season?

It'll be on espn and/or statbunker.