Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Held it up really well and actually ran the channels quite well at times.  Still looks clumsy, slow and indecisive with the ball at feet.  But he looked after the ball most of the time and let others get forward and join in the attack. 

The header looked like a good effort to me?  I'm sure the keeper got a touch?  It did seem like he could have brought it down or waited for it to drop.  But he always seems keen to try and head it when he can.

Love the mad bastad and I'm happy he got his goal.  As it looked like it wasn't going to happen at one point.  He had quite a few chances and near misses before that. 

We played two up top last night tbf

Yep.  I was surprised at that.  Looked like a genuine 4-4-2.

Guest neesy111

Two sitters missed in two games. Get the man on shooting practice ffs.

If that was the answer for finishing woes then all players would be doing this in training.  He's a poor finisher end of and that won't change.

Guest neesy111

Didn't he have a good scoring record in Belgium?

It was good, but the belgium league is pretty shit tbf.  Look how Leicester dismantled their best team in the Champions League this week.

Guest firetotheworks

If that was the answer for finishing woes then all players would be doing this in training.  He's a poor finisher end of and that won't change.

While I agree that he's a terrible finisher, saying that that won't change is madness. You only need to think back to Andy Carroll to know that.

He's not a finisher in one on ones. His goals will have to come mostly from headers, he's s*** when he's through on goal with the ball at his feet.

A striker who can't do one on ones :lol:

Well let's be honest, we've seen him for over a season now and he's yet to show any evidence that he can. I haven't seen much of Armstrong but I'll bet he can.

Guest neesy111

While I agree that he's a terrible finisher, saying that that won't change is madness. You only need to think back to Andy Carroll to know that.

The point I'm getting at it is lots of people are expecting his finishing to change suddenly since we've stepped down a division and that simply can't happen.  He needs a fundamental shift in his game for that to happen.

The point I'm getting at it is lots of people are expecting his finishing to change suddenly since we've stepped down a division and that simply can't happen.  He needs a fundamental shift in his game for that to happen.

He won't necessarily beast defenders in the air either, championship defenders are usually slow not weak. The best argument for playing him is he'll hold the ball up better than Gayle. But then I'd argue we'd get a lot more out of Gayle if we had more pace out wide. Too easy for teams to stop the ball getting to the strikers at the moment.

Guest neesy111

He won't necessarily beast defenders in the air either, championship defenders are usually slow not weak. The best argument for playing him is he'll hold the ball up better than Gayle. But then I'd argue we'd get a lot more out of Gayle if we had more pace out wide. Too easy for teams to stop the ball getting to the strikers at the moment.

Yeap, Gayle is the finisher in the team and he needs far more chances through the wings.

He's not a finisher in one on ones. His goals will have to come mostly from headers, he's s*** when he's through on goal with the ball at his feet.

Well let's be honest, we've seen him for over a season now and he's yet to show any evidence that he can. I haven't seen much of Armstrong but I'll bet he can.

Oh absolutely, I was agreeing with you. I was just laughing at our luck, spending so much on a striker who can't finish 1x1s. Sigh.

Oh absolutely, I was agreeing with you. I was just laughing at our luck, spending so much on a striker who can't finish 1x1s. Sigh.

I remember reading the conversion rate of those chances is something like 20% or something stupid.

The guy came on as sub and got one chance.  Fair enough, he maybe could have done better but it's not like we were creating a lot is it?

Guest neesy111

I remember reading the conversion rate of those chances is something like 20% or something stupid.

The guy came on as sub and got one chance.  Fair enough, he maybe could have done better but it's not like we were creating a lot is it?

Same excuse everytime for him.