Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

I'm in the "he's shit" camp because he's a striker who doesn't score goals. I think his supporters are haunted by the memory of Jon Dahl Tomasson and think Mitro will turn out to have a similar career.

I don't get the "he just needs a goal for his confidence" theory as even when he has scored he has still missed sitters galore. I was at the cup game against Preston when he scored 2. He should have scored at least 2 more in that game.

He may come good one day but as Rafa plays one striker I want that to be a goal scorer. I don't get the praise he gets for knock downs to others. His job is goal scoring not trying to feed midfielders.

If NUFC can't get a good fee for him I'd loan him out to a poor league where he can hopefully score a few goals.

so you presumably want to keep murphy then and have him as 3rd choice behind gayle + a new, better striker all after one spot?

Murphy has 1 year to go on his contract. I doubt he's on wages anywhere near what Mitro gets. Murphy could be our 3rd or 4th choice, in case of emergency throw the big guy on option. He has a better goals to minutes ratio than Mitro. He's also coming to the end of his career. Mitro isn't going to improve on our bench.

If we can sell Murphy and replace him with better then do so.

To Mole_Toonfan, loads of people defend him. "he just needs a goal then he'll go on a run", "Mitro to get the next goal", "his hold up play is amazing", "He's great in the air", etc. Just look back through this thread. I'm all for supporting our players and we all hope they turn out to be successes but some people have infinite patience.

madness to keep murphy over mitro imo, he's scored a few in the champo but he'll not get a sniff in the PL imo

I'd keep neither but realistically we won't get 2 new strikers in.

Mitro is young so he won't want to waste his career on our bench. Murphy would be more likely to accept being 3rd or 4th choice.

Madness to have Mitro in the Premiership when he struggled last time and has just failed in the Championship.

Murphy in the PL :lol:

Lovely chap by all accounts, and scored a few vital goals to keep us ticking along, but howay man.

3rd or 4th choice hopefully not needing to come on.

Mitro in the Premiership is also a piss poor option. You guys must love to see him waste chance after chance. He shouldn't have been put in the position as first choice striker but his misses are one of the reasons we got relegated in the first place.

Murphy in the PL :lol:

Lovely chap by all accounts, and scored a few vital goals to keep us ticking along, but howay man.

3rd or 4th choice hopefully not needing to come on.

Mitro in the Premiership is also a piss poor option. You guys must love to see him waste chance after chance. He shouldn't have been put in the position as first choice striker but his misses are one of the reasons we got relegated in the first place.

I'd rather play Sammy up front than Murphy.

Madness to have Mitro in the Premiership when he struggled last time and has just failed in the Championship.

now 22 coming to 23, assuming we improve the overall squad around him i've seen nothing to suggest mitro can't become a better player whereas murphy will certainly not cut it at PL level

you've said yourself we're not signing 2 top quality strikers so why not keep the youngster and aim for one very good player alongside him and gayle? 

we'll never agree, that's apparent

Guest palnese

As with every other target man in the World, Murphy needs support. Chasing down defenders is not his game. He needs bodies and movement around him, but often he's all by himself, hence him looking poor.

I'd definitely keep one of them, as I presume if we buy a striker they will be in the Gayle mould rather than the target man mould and we could do with a big man to put on when chasing a game. Mitro preferably but not sure if he'll be happy being 3rd choice for another season

Armstrong isn't good enough yet for the Premiership. He needs to go out on loan again. He's been mediocre in the Championship.

Same as Mitrovic then, but on a fraction of the wage.

Because Armstrong would bring as much to the team as Mitro in general, yeah right... :lol:

I struggle to see what Mitrovic actually brings to the team. It certainly isn't goals which is a bit of a problem when he's the centre forward.

:pilko:

He's not been good enough, but this is just silliness.

now 22 coming to 23, assuming we improve the overall squad around him i've seen nothing to suggest mitro can't become a better player whereas murphy will certainly not cut it at PL level

you've said yourself we're not signing 2 top quality strikers so why not keep the youngster and aim for one very good player alongside him and gayle? 

we'll never agree, that's apparent

I don't think Murphy is a great option for the Premiership but neither is Mitro.

I hope we get a better striker than Gayle for first choice. That would make Gayle second choice. I'd hope third choice wasn't needed very often.

I don't want another season of hoping Mitro can score goals regularly. If we can't sell him then loan him out somewhere else to learn on the job. I can't see him being happy being our third choice striker anyway.

We'll see what Rafa really thinks of him over the Summer.

This thread is getting insane again, it's following the typical Mitro cycle where his fans have come out in strong support again.

Is Mitro the only striker on earth? We can pick up an average or below average Prem striker who will be happy to be 2nd or 3rd choice and still score more goals than him. We need to let this kid go and develop elsewhere, and wish him best in his career. It's not happened at NUFC and we can't be his spiritual guardians.

For me, the moment where Ritchie looked at him bewildered after whipping in a perfectly fine cross and asking "what more do you want?" summed up Mitro's career here perfectly. He didn't even attack the fucking ball.

http://i.imgur.com/5CnGHaU.png

One match left and he's got four. :lol:

94% of voters have massively overestimated his shooting ability, id actually say Shola was a better finisher than Mitrovic

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't rate him but give him 38 games a season in the PL and he will get 10 goals at least which isn't bad. But to be leading the line at NUFC we need far more than what he gives and he will never get that kind of starting run anyway, so its best we sell for him and us.

94% of voters have massively overestimated his shooting ability, id actually say Shola was a better finisher than Mitrovic

94% of voters can't be totally blind and blithering idiots. The guy clearly has footballing ability but a fragile mindset, and has barely strung a sequence of two games together.

Shola was better than Mitrovic in just about every department imo, besides probably first touch.

Shola was better than Mitrovic in just about every department imo, besides probably first touch.

No

No

His first touch was better, aye.