Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

His fanboys don't help people to like him mind [emoji38]

Half of this is defence. He's been written off and slagged off by some (Misstrovic, carthorse, etc) as a 20 year old kid who'd just come over here. I don't give a f*** about him playing to the crowd, being passionate, being an Newcastle fan, etc. The stick he got from day one by some people was ridiculous. No interest in letting the kid develop over time.

Aye I've mentioned that as well. I wasn't including you in that btw as your comments are generally fair and not having a go at others. Just someone mentioned that he could have possibly got sent off and some guy calls him a weirdo ffs [emoji38]

Fair do. :lol:

1 goal every 65 minutes over pre-season and the start of this season. It's as if someone who's still only 22 might actually improve with age.

Ridiculous to think he was being written off at 20 after that Arsenal red-card.

In fairness, one was against Forest and another was a sub goal against an already defeated West Ham, fair play to him as he's done well with what he's been given so far this season.

But i don't particularly see signs of improvement yet.

Fair enough but he hasn't really had a serious run of games since he joined the club. His goal return in spite of that is pretty decent and let's not forget he is 22 right now. Target men tend to mature slower than quick youngsters and let's not forget we have let go of plenty of young players only to regret it.

As far as I'm concerned he simply hasn't had enough of a run in the side, but has certainly done enough to keep him. I worry about two things if we get rid - the first is obviously that Ashley will not replace or will do it on the cheap, and the second is that someone else will give him a proper run as he hits his peak years and we go on to regret it.

Very pleased for him, but I did think Joselu looked quite a bit better in terms of movement and hold-up play.

Yeah, he looks technically quite accomplished, that makes him useful even without the goals to some extent. You can see why Rafa bought him, given that he had a limited budget.

When you're a marked man you don't give the ref any remote reason to send you off.

He played well but his radge behaviour can't just be looked the other way. He's had long enough to sort it out. Same with Shelvey.

Players are getting away with this stuff week in, week out all over the league. Look at Huddersfield last week; a dangerous high boot to Mbemba's head that drew blood and the ref did nothing, then another standing on Hayden's stomach which was worse than Shelvey's bizarre and stupid trod on Alli - we didn't even get a free kick. Diego Costa for example is a much bigger c*nt than Mitrovic. The league is full of c*nts who the media make excuses for - let's at least the boy a chance. There are far dirtier players but Sky Sports etc. just go after easy targets to create a narrative. His record stands up to anyone in our squad and is as good as Gayle's.

Which is why I have said he needs to make sure the ref has no reason to reach for the red. He's marked and won't get away with playing like that.

I like Mitrovic and I agree that he should be allowed to develop but he's not special enough to look the other way regarding his indiscipline like Suarez was for Liverpool for example. He needs to play with a calmer head. I don't see how that outrages people so much? :lol:

Yeah I see your point - he's a marked man much like Shelvey and needs to be more careful than most. I guess I'm venting at that fact as well as the media influence on referees and fans which is massive.

He's no angel but there are far worse players in this league than Mitro. Other teams seem to support their own 'dirty' players, but I just don't understand NUFC fans who want Mitro to fail based on on a couple of reds which he might have got away with on another day.

Guest Howaythetoon

Good that he's at least scoring. If he does that from the bench a few times this season I'll be more than happy. Ideally we can sell him and use that money and some extra on a better centre-forward. Its not going to happen though so...

Guest firetotheworks

He's been an absolute fucking moron yet again, which is one of the reasons that I want us to replace him, but the main reason wasn't an issue today and he took his goal well.

He's been an absolute fucking moron yet again, which is one of the reasons that I want us to replace him, but the main reason wasn't an issue today and he took his goal well.

Taking his goals well is all I really want from him above all else. He's done it in his last couple of outings, just needs to do it in pressure games now. At the end of the day he's still really young so it would be great for us if he could start fulfilling all the hype. Still not convinced personally, but good luck to the lad if he's still here and can make an impact.

Guest firetotheworks

People that hate on Mitro are normally the type of sub standard human that also hate HBA football.

This is nothing short of pure nonsense like. :lol: The two shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

People that hate on Mitro are normally the type of sub standard human that also hate HBA football.

This is nothing short of pure nonsense like. :lol: The two shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

Aye. Wtf?  :lol:

This is nothing short of pure nonsense like. :lol:

Back off :lol:

Mitro has something quirky about him. In a similar way HBA did. You either hate or love. No grey areas.

He's been an absolute f***ing moron yet again, which is one of the reasons that I want us to replace him, but the main reason wasn't an issue today and he took his goal well.

What have I missed? Mitrovic is far better than Perez

With the game situation, there is no need to reevaluate the incident. There was only going to be one winner of the match.

That said, Mitro is a liability whose reputation ensures that no referee will get stick for red carding him for anything that can be broadly interpreted as violent conduct. We should bite any club's hand off who'll give us 8M for him. Him gone will be one less thing to have to think about.

That extra £8m in Ashley's pocket would make me happy while we are relying on Gayle and Joselu staying fit.

Guest firetotheworks

Mitro has something quirky about him. In a similar way HBA did. You either hate or love. No grey areas.

Nah, HBA is a very good footballer with an extreme level of natural ability, who personality on top of that is endearing to those who love him. Mitrovic's 'personality' is being a radge cunt, with very very little to back it up as endearing. There's no comparison.

Nah, HBA is a very good footballer with an extreme level of natural ability, who personality on top of that is endearing to those who love him. Mitrovic's 'personality' is being a radge c***, with very very little to back it up as endearing. There's no comparison.

What? :lol:

Did you honestly think I was comparing their footballing ability? I know I forgot to mention Mitros astounding close control, dribbling prowess and explosive pace, but howay man :lol:

They are both characters that people want to see do well in the face of adversity. Even if it is self inflicted.

Only miserable bastards actively want him to fail. Just to say "I told you so" on a message board or twitter.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah, HBA is a very good footballer with an extreme level of natural ability, who personality on top of that is endearing to those who love him. Mitrovic's 'personality' is being a radge c***, with very very little to back it up as endearing. There's no comparison.

What? :lol:

Did you honestly think I was comparing their footballing ability? I know I forgot to mention Mitros astounding close control, dribbling prowess and explosive pace, but howay man :lol:

They are both characters that people want to see do well in the face of adversity. Even if it is self inflicted.

Only miserable bastards actively want him to fail. Just to say "I told you so" on a message board or twitter.

I'm saying that football ability is predominantly the reason why people love Ben Arfa, not because he's a character. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise like.

The rest again is bollocks, I haven't liked him for ages and saying 'I told you so' doesn't come into it because I don't even think it's in doubt for anyone to need to say that as if it's enlightening. I don't rate him and haven't for most of the time he's been here, I think his lack of quality should be obvious.

Pleased he got his goal today though. :lol: Hopefully it'll get him a move and we can get someone decent in.

Good that he's at least scoring. If he does that from the bench a few times this season I'll be more than happy. Ideally we can sell him and use that money and some extra on a better centre-forward. Its not going to happen though so...

It's a weird one. In the Premier League under Rafa he scored a few goals from the bench. Last season in the Championship, none of his goals or assists were from the bench.

Wonder how much of that was down to last season him coming on when we were leading and he was brought on just to hold out for the win?