Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

It's preseason man.  Alan Smith scored for us in preseason.

Aye so did Shearer.

Before anyone has a go at me for comparing Mitrovic to Shearer its not worse than comparing him to Alan Smith.

Simple fact is last season we played better as a team every time Mitrovic was in the side.  Gayle is undoubtedly a goal scorer, but we dominated games with Mitrovic up front. 

He's another option and he does change the game when he comes on.  How people can't see that I've got no idea.

His link-up and general ball control today :anguish:

Aye so did Shearer.

Before anyone has a go at me for comparing Mitrovic to Shearer its not worse than comparing him to Alan Smith.

Simple fact is last season we played better as a team every time Mitrovic was in the side.  Gayle is undoubtedly a goal scorer, but we dominated games with Mitrovic up front. 

He's another option and he does change the game when he comes on.  How people can't see that I've got no idea.

Erm

Aye so did Shearer.

People just know how to evaluate a player base on his on ball skills and physical attributes.  Positioning, off the ball movement, tactical value...stuff that not showing on screen are completely ignored.

Mitrovic has been unfairly treated and singled out numoerous times here.  The new Shola eh? 

Not a chance I would swap Mitro for Negredo, the guy is finished.

9 goals and 4 assists last season in a team completely devoid of creativity, playing up front on his own. He's still only 31

Mitro got only 8 goals and 6 assists in the championship?

I don't see how Negredo is finished? Fair enough if you don't rate him but the stats don't seem to back up your statement. Also bear in mind the guy would be being coached/managed by Rafa - i'd be far more confident of Negredo getting 15+ goals in our team than Mitro next season.

Negredo played far more than what Mitro did.

Negredo: 36 apps - 33(3) - 2880 mins

Mitrovic: 25 apps - 11(14) - 1122 mins

as 3rd-4th choice I am more than happy with Mitro - also he offers something different from the bench when chasing a goal.

i'd get rid personally but then i suppose our issue would be replacing that body in the squad

now murphy has gone if we get a credible alternative to gayle and considering our financial restrictions i'd be ok with keeping him as #3 like, though ultimately i don't think he's ever going to make it in rafa's system

At this level, his only real strength is as a target man. If his finishing was a bit better that might compensate for his lack of pace, but unfortunately that's not the reality.

He would probably function better in an old fashioned 4-4-2, with another striker feeding off him, but that's not the trend in top level football.

Agree Mitrović would look better with a partner up front.

I'm really torn on him. I think he will get a lot better, it's just the gamble on whether we can afford to have him developing and missing chances during such a delicate season.

I realised last season that he's just not a natural goal scorer. I like the lads, and on his day he can be a handful but the amount of games last year, especially at home where great balls were delivered and he was nowhere to be seen drove me crazy.

At this level, his only real strength is as a target man. If his finishing was a bit better that might compensate for his lack of pace, but unfortunately that's not the reality.

He would probably function better in an old fashioned 4-4-2, with another striker feeding off him, but that's not the trend in top level football.

Personally I don't think he's a good one at that, especially for his size. He should be bullying centre-halves but loses more than he should in the air. If we're not going to get anyone then we need to keep him for cover, but ideally we should sell him and get someone more mobile in who is suited to Rafa's system.

Guest neesy111

Aye so did Shearer.

What games were they in the league?

I think there's a reasonable chance he scores 10+ this season.

If there was a reasonable chance he would score 15+ this season, that would make him a rated Premier striker.