Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

He’s been awful every time he’s played at a higher level. I would leave well alone if we stay up.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That knowledge should read he’s extremely limited, would only add 10 + goals a season, but would have to start almost every game to get there, need a team built around him etc. None starter basically in every sense!

He's limited in a limited team. Just for reference, I think he'd be more effective than Wood, who I'm very happy with.

5 minutes ago, Outremont said:

The way Rafa froze him out was disgraceful. As time goes by, the more I don’t miss Rafa’s regime. 

It's just a complete contrast in the way the two people approach the sport altogether. Said it before, Mitro would have been okay under Bruce imo.

• 1 month later...

40 goals and 7 assists so far this season. 3 Goals of becoming the all time top-scorer down there since the first 1992 rebrand, already long past the 31 goal record set by Toney last season for most goals in "Championship" history. Can't see him reaching 60 to beat the 59 goals scored by George Camsell in 1926/27 though.

Gonna pre-empt the inevitable question that'll occurr as a result of this bump, and answer with '100% yes, obviously, but he'd have cost more'.

Edit: NPW

Edited by HawK
New page wanker

21 minutes ago, duo said:

I can't believe he's still only 27.  Am pleased he's finally showing the form we all knew he had.

He’s shown great form in the Championship twice before this, to be fair. Nothing new that he’s very good in that league. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s shown great form in the Championship twice before this, to be fair. Nothing new that he’s very good in that league. 

He scored 11 in the prem the first with Fulham in a season when they were relegated. As good a record as Wood or Wilson.

Guest HTT II
10 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Bring him home

Let’s not go there, we can and should be aiming for much better all-round players. Let him enjoy his career at Fulham, like Mandoon said I like him and I’m happy for him. My nephew supports them and was there last night, they idolise him there. Good on him!

40 goals in 40 games is an insane record to be fair to him, he's also now Serbia/Yugoslavia's all time top scorer, i think if he moves to a league like Serie A he will get much more recognition as the premier league's pace just seems to be a bit too much for him.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

40 goals in 40 games is an insane record to be fair to him, he's also now Serbia/Yugoslavia's all time top scorer, i think if he moves to a league like Serie A he will get much more recognition as the premier league's pace just seems to be a bit too much for him.

I think it’s more how traditional up and at ‘em type centre-forwards are a dying breed against the type of tactics and defensive lines teams set up with these days in the PL. He’s good for 10 goals at least, however, but you have to play a certain way and may have to sacrifice other aspects of play in order to create him chances to get to that kind of tally. Rafa saw that and I think many a PL club will see that too. He’s basically easy to defend against.

17 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Let’s not go there, we can and should be aiming for much better all-round players. Let him enjoy his career at Fulham, like Mandoon said I like him and I’m happy for him. My nephew supports them and was there last night, they idolise him there. Good on him!

Fair enough I see that point of view as well just always liked him when he was here and really wanted to see him succeed with us.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Fair enough I see that point of view as well just always liked him when he was here and really wanted to see him succeed with us.

Aye same here, I was never his biggest fan strictly as him as a striker, but thought Rafa never give him a real chance so you always wondered what if…

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

40 goals and counting in (probable) League-winning Fulham suggest he's really not.

He’s static, lacks pace, needs crosses, but does get in your face. If I’m a strong and quick CB, I’d mark him out of the game easily and wind him up and he gets booked/sent off. Again, he’s easy to defend against. 

Guest HTT II
15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Still think his hold up play is very valuable. Toney only got 12 this season same as Mitro in the prem. 

Agreed. But he has to come very deep for that and he can’t do it higher up as you can squeeze him out because he doesn’t have the pace or cunning to spin you. Toney is much more difficult as he turns and faces his man and runs or presses and is quick and strong. If he holds it up and gets to face you, deep or outside the box, you can end up in trouble.