Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Unless I'm missing your point, I think that's nonsense.

There's rugby towns in the UK where rugby is as popular and the fans as passionate as in most footballing towns.

India, Pakistan, and Australia get massive, fanatical cricket crowds. Yet you still don't see this. It happens in football simply because it's allowed to happen in football. And it could be stopped in football very easily, starting tomorrow, if we wanted to stop it.

Rugby Union is still overwhelmingly a middle class sport - the majority of England capped players even since the game turned professional went to fee paying / selective schools. This is changing but there’s a code in rugby that’s probably learnt from an early age. 

I don’t think you can directly compare football and rugby union players (or supporters for that matter)

6 hours ago, Chris_R said:

It's not 'blatantly extreme' though.

What would you expect if someone started verbally abusing and then pushed the referee in a snooker match? Or cricket? Darts? Why is it more acceptable in football?

It's not 'the passion' or 'the heat of the moment', because rugby players somehow manage to not do it. Ever. They call the ref 'sir' and never backchat at all.

It's more acceptable in football only because we've allowed it to be more acceptable. These incidents are a self-fulfilling consequence. They can be stopped if we want to stop them though, but it requires tough action to create a mindset change.

It basically never happens in football. Referees being pushed and then screamed at isn’t a massive issue in the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Rugby Union is still overwhelmingly a middle class sport - the majority of England capped players even since the game turned professional went to fee paying / selective schools. This is changing but there’s a code in rugby that’s probably learnt from an early age. 

I don’t think you can directly compare football and rugby union players (or supporters for that matter)

Book every footballer, every time, for each instance of dissent, starting today.

Are you seriously telling me that won't completely stamp out dissent by the end of the month? 

It's a behaviour, a choice. Rugby players aren't done special breed of human.

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It basically never happens in football. Referees being pushed and then screamed at isn’t a massive issue in the Premier League.

You couldn't be anymore wrong.  Every fan I talk to can't stand the histrionics of football players when they harangue the referee.  In fact I think you're in a minority of one who think it's not an issue.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

You couldn't be anymore wrong.  Every fan I talk to can't stand the histrionics of football players when they harangue the referee.  In fact I think you're in a minority of one who think it's not an issue.

You’re mixing up players surrounding the referee with players pushing and then screaming at a referee. I’m not sure how like as they’re clearly massively different.

4 hours ago, Chris_R said:

Any dissent, instant yellow card. If that's 5 players surrounding the ref, book them all.

You'd only have to do that for 1 or 2 weekends before everyone behaved. It's an easily solvable problem, if there's the will to do it. There's no cultural barrier out anything to do with the popularity of the sport preventing it being changed.

I'm not suggesting we *should* stamp out dissent entirely, as entirely sanitising the game might change the nature of the sport at a fundamental level in a negative way, but we certainly could. And very easily, and very quickly.

Just wondering, how would you argue when refs give some plain disgusting decisions if you weren't allowed to protest it? I'm not suggesting pushing or shoving, but some of the decisions make your blood boil as a spectator, can't imagine how it would feel to get jipped by a bent ref in the white hot atmosphere of a PL match.

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You’re mixing up players surrounding the referee with players pushing and then screaming at a referee. I’m not sure how like as they’re clearly massively different.

Still wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Still wrong.

Your craic is absolutely lifting.

To add (not to you because you constantly talk shite and I’ve no real interest in engaging further), Fulham are still in with a sniff of making Europe, a 4 game ban to their talisman pretty much ends that. It’s a massive punishment and acting as though it’s some slap on the wrist, and in no way a deterrent to the gigantic issue or referees being assaulted up and down the country is complete fiction.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Just wondering, how would you argue when refs give some plain disgusting decisions if you weren't allowed to protest it? I'm not suggesting pushing or shoving, but some of the decisions make your blood boil as a spectator, can't imagine how it would feel to get jipped by a bent ref in the white hot atmosphere of a PL match.

"If you weren't allowed to protest it".  There lies the problem.  "Oh it's a penalty to the opposition, you know what, I'm going to shout at the referee, that'll teach him".

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Your craic is absolutely lifting.

To add (not to you because you constantly talk shite and I’ve no real interest in engaging further), Fulham are still in with a sniff of making Europe, a 4 game ban to their talisman pretty much ends that. It’s a massive punishment and acting as though it’s some slap on the wrist, and in no way a deterrent to the gigantic issue or referees being assaulted up and down the country is complete fiction.

Great craic..... ya boring fecker!

The 8 game thing is misleading 

it’s 3 games for Red Card (standard)

3 games for physically manhandling referee (about right - could be more)

And 2 games for verbal abuse (Seems fair)

I don’t see anything excessive there … I can see why they are pushing for more games (probably for the physical abuse).

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Texas said:

The 8 game thing is misleading 

it’s 3 games for Red Card (standard)

3 games for physically manhandling referee (about right - could be more)

And 2 games for verbal abuse (Seems fair)

I don’t see anything excessive there … I can see why they are pushing for more games (probably for the physical abuse).

It wasn’t really physical abuse though was it. A tiny pull/shove.

It’s honestly a joke that Klopp gets one game for his behaviour and somehow 8 isn’t enough for Mitro. If you want players to respect officials you have to start with managers and get them to behave like grown up men.

3 hours ago, Exiled in Texas said:

Hand on the referee- yes that’s physical abuse

No, no it’s not. Else players would be screaming physical abuse 20 times every game.

It’s stupid what he did because everyone knows you can’t touch the ref, but no it’s not “abuse”.

• 5 months later...