Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He scored many goals for Anderlecht, one of the reasons why we spent so much money on him AND why the general consensus was that we had signed a good player.

So a 21 year old has struggled a bit in his first year in the PL, newsflash.. every one of our f***ing squad has struggled this season, it's apparent now that something was rotten in the club from a training perspective. The players had lost all motivation.

I'm not being an advocate for youtube videos, but he scored enough goals to suggest he can finish.

I guarantee you if premier league defenders were to make a list of strikers or forwards that they didn't like to play against, he'd be in the top 10.

:idiot2:

How on earth can you 'guarantee' something you can't possibly deliver? He might be on Matt Targett's list, right enough.

A natural finisher does not air kick goal scoring chances, earlier this season when we did create the odd chance I can think of 3 great opportunites he had where he missed the ball completely. That's 3, where he should have scored and he missed the ball completely. He's got something about him but he's not quick and he's not a natural finisher. He'll be a handful in The Championship.

He scored many goals for Anderlecht, one of the reasons why we spent so much money on him AND why the general consensus was that we had signed a good player.

So a 21 year old has struggled a bit in his first year in the PL, newsflash.. every one of our f***ing squad has struggled this season, it's apparent now that something was rotten in the club from a training perspective. The players had lost all motivation.

I'm not being an advocate for youtube videos, but he scored enough goals to suggest he can finish.

I guarantee you if premier league defenders were to make a list of strikers or forwards that they didn't like to play against, he'd be in the top 10.

Albert Luque looked great on YouTube man and sorry but I'm just not having it that defenders consider him as one of the top 10 most feared strikers when he's scoring at a rate of a goal every 6 games.

A natural finisher does not air kick goal scoring chances, earlier this season when we did create the odd chance I can think of 3 great opportunites he had where he missed the ball completely. That's 3, where he should have scored and he missed the ball completely. He's got something about him but he's not quick and he's not a natural finisher. He'll be a handful in The Championship.

The header - I forget the opposition - where he actually had to head wide to miss the target he was that close in and central.

Albert Luque looked great on YouTube man and sorry but I'm just not having it that defenders consider him as one of the top 10 most feared strikers when he's scoring at a rate of a goal every 6 games.

But we have Odin's guarantee. That's the clincher for me.

You's are judging a player who you have never actually seen play at his best. He's 21 years old and been thrust into a main role at a club who are one of the worst teams in the league for creating chances and your expecting him to have a high conversion rate.  :lol:

The problem is, his 'best' happened in a league in which plenty of strikers not fit for PL football score goals.

Like Mbemba he's got lots of potential but the money spent on him should've been invested in a known quantity given both the importance and reliance on improving those areas of the team.

But we have Odin's guarantee. That's the clincher for me.

And you should count yourself lucky :)

You's are judging a player who you have never actually seen play at his best. He's 21 years old and been thrust into a main role at a club who are one of the worst teams in the league for creating chances and your expecting him to have a high conversion rate.  :lol:

It's embarrassing man. I can respect people having reservations but some of the shite posted about him is unreal.

There's no point at looking at past records, just look at Vardy. How many of our fans would have had him in the summer?

The problem is, his 'best' happened in a league in which plenty of strikers not fit for PL football score goals.

Like Mbemba he's got lots of potential but the money spent on him should've been invested in a known quantity given both the importance and reliance on improving those areas of the team.

There are fine lines though. If he had put away a couple of the chances he had and we'd had a mediocre season safe from the drop, we'd be talking about how the best is yet to come from him. As it stands we've had a woeful season and he seems to be one of the scapegoats for that. You're right, good money should have been spent on a more proven striker for Mitrovic to play understudy to. That doesn't at all mean that he'll never fulfil his potential.

Despite the lack of goals, I've enjoyed in the main watching Mitro. Looks like the kind of striker who needs a nippy little fella/'fox in the box' playing off him. But I've admired his control (mainly) and aggression. Hope he learns and develops with us. Mainly, though I hope he gets a bit of luck, first goal 2moz will be a perfect start.

His best hasnt happened yet as most players dont usually peak at 21.. Im guessing you have not heard of Youri Tielemans who is sought after by most of Europes top clubs, Dennis Praet another who will move on to a top club. The same shitty league produced Vincent Kompany and Romalu Lukaku who both played for Anderlecht.

It's embarrassing man. I can respect people having reservations but some of the shite posted about him is unreal.

There's no point at looking at past records, just look at Vardy. How many of our fans would have had him in the summer?

It's incredible isn't it. The guy looked very promising in his first few games but has had to sink or swim in a club where nearly everything falls to bits over a period of time. There's still a lot he does well and for me it speaks volumes to his desire and commitment that he's still out there willing to lead the line and get stuck in.

Rafa had to make the comments he did, if only for the lads confidence, so we don't really know what he genuinely thinks but I'll take a bet its closer to truth than lie.

Then we hear there's a top coaching routine been put in place for him. I thought 'Great'.  Apparently a lot of other people took it as an opportunity to mock the coach and ridicule him for his clothes and appearance. Social media FTW.

His best hasnt happened yet as most players dont usually peak at 21.. Im guessing you have not heard of Youri Tielemans who is sought after by most of Europes top clubs, Dennis Praet another who will move on to a top club. The same shitty league produced Vincent Kompany and Romalu Lukaku who both played for Anderlecht.

He didn't say every player in the league is shit, he said that lots of players who would be awful for us would do well there, which I would imagine is true

I like his attitude and some of his hold up play, and it's unfortunate that he's been expected to score our goals this season with fairly poor service and as a young player in a new league that's a clear step up from where he was playing previously.

That said, I don't think he's been particularly impressive overall and some people are clutching at straws regarding his quality. Based on what I've seen he's slow, can't dribble or beat players and simply doesn't look like he has much goalscoring instinct.

Hopefully he'll get some help in the summer, if we stay up. If we go down, we'll sell him.

:facepalm:

Stupid hour again, and again, and again......

He is a striker playing up front on his own in a shit team who create very little, of course he's not going to score many :lol:

Maybe if we improved our build up play and put some decent balls in for him then he'll score a lot more. We're not a team who have supplied him very well at all and the type of striker that he is will never score solo goals from the half way line as he is not quick. Put him through on goal or a decent ball into the box and he'll bury it.

When he's been under pressure (penalty v Man Utd or the clean through ball from Shelvey v West Brom) he's slotted home. Most of his other 'misses' have been half chances where he has had to feed off of scraps.

Writing him off is ridiculous.

There are fine lines though. If he had put away a couple of the chances he had and we'd had a mediocre season safe from the drop, we'd be talking about how the best is yet to come from him. As it stands we've had a woeful season and he seems to be one of the scapegoats for that. You're right, good money should have been spent on a more proven striker for Mitrovic to play understudy to. That doesn't at all mean that he'll never fulfil his potential.

Trouble is, I don't think he's got the potential to be a top-class striker. I've seen him play maybe a dozen times for Anderlecht and, much like Luuk de Jong (Netherlands' and Belgium's top flights are 9th and 10th in the UEFA rankings) he was a flat-track bully. Again, like de Jong, stick him in a decent league (Germany, England) and the limitations surface very quickly.

I think it is fair to say he will never be a 20 goal a season striker. But he has the potential for maybe 10-15 with better service, and could be a good partner for a more natural finisher. His natural size and strength is a useful asset to have in any team, we just need to give him better support to take advantage of his hold up play.

:facepalm:

Stupid hour again, and again, and again......

Come on, he's only 21, so he'll get faster as he gets older, right?

He's 21 years old and been thrust into a main role at a club who are one of the worst teams in the league for creating chances and your expecting him to have a high conversion rate.  :lol:

Yep.

He is a striker playing up front on his own in a shit team who create very little, of course he's not going to score many :lol:

Maybe if we improved our build up play and put some decent balls in for him then he'll score a lot more. We're not a team who have supplied him very well at all and the type of striker that he is will never score solo goals from the half way line as he is not quick. Put him through on goal or a decent ball into the box and he'll bury it.

When he's been under pressure (penalty v Man Utd or the clean through ball from Shelvey v West Brom) he's slotted home. Most of his other 'misses' have been half chances where he has had to feed off of scraps.

Writing him off is ridiculous.

Some of his misses have been terrible man. If his off the ball movement was even decent he'd probably get more chances, likewise if he attacked and jumped for the ball when the ball was put in from a cross he probably would have scored more.  Also those two goals you mentioned were situations where he had all the time in the world to choose where to kick the ball, pressure is when you're getting closed down quickly and have to get a shot off and in those situations he's failed miserably. I'm not writing him off per se as his poor movement and not attacking the ball could be a confidence thing rather than his own poor football intelligence