Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

21 minutes ago, Karjala said:

He is so far, until he proves otherwise.

He has twice surpassed Gayle's highest PL goal tally (7 in 2013/14), scoring 11 and 9 in relegated teams. Don't think double figures in the PL for a shit team is to be sniffed at.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Think it was @Optimistic Nut who used to always defend him as he was only 21 and had a lot put on his shoulders. I'm still not 100% on whether he'd translate that success to the Premier which has more requirements, but I'd have him any day of the week right now over Wood, and that's not particularly having a go at Wood, who might play his part in keeping us up. I just think Mitro has probably developed a lot since the last few years.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Think it was @Optimistic Nut who used to always defend him as he was only 21 and had a lot put on his shoulders. I'm still not 100% on whether he'd translate that success to the Premier which has more requirements, but I'd have him any day of the week right now over Wood, and that's not particularly having a go at Wood, who might play his part in keeping us up. I just think Mitro has probably developed a lot since the last few years.

I never rated him here but he's definitely improved in my opinion, however there must be a reason that no-one has taken a punt on him.

I know for a fact that Benitez actually rated him but he fell below the minimum fitness levels required of his players, and refused to do anything about it. I honestly think he'd do really well in somewhere like Italy.

Just now, nufcjb said:

Did any of you want him back here in January? In addition or in place of Wood? I did. I wouldn't mind if just as addition to Wood too.

I don’t think we could have got him for the same price as Wood tbh. 

Mitro is certainly a better footballer than Wood, but getting Woods killed two birds. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Did any of you want him back here in January? In addition or in place of Wood? I did. I wouldn't mind if just as addition to Wood too.

Personally I think he is much better then Wood. I know alot of you said the Premier League is too much of a step up, but I swear he had a very decent first half season with Fulham?

His Prem goal record wasn’t bad the first two seasons. Can’t really expect him to be prolific in those teams. He was terrible last year, but Fulham fans I know say Parker’s tactics were a lot to blame there. In the right tactics where he’s the main man he gets goals (Serbia also shows this). 

He was also young when with us, whereas he’s clearly matured since and doesn’t appear to be the red card risk. 

I still want to see him back as felt he has unfinished business and I have a perhaps irrational fondness for him, but guess I’d take Mbappe or Haaland over him. 

He's a passionate lad and I wish him well. We couldn't wait the years for him to develop into the player he is today. With the new era, we will sign better strikers in the summer and beyond. Best of luck to him and us.

2 hours ago, Tyne81 said:

Personally I think he is much better then Wood. I know alot of you said the Premier League is too much of a step up, but I swear he had a very decent first half season with Fulham?

He did. And he has a decent international record as well. Agree with what one of the posters said earlier, we'll be looking for better in the summer, we've outgrown him now, but he was a bit unlucky here, could easily have gone on to have a decent NUFC career.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Why? He was a well liked player for our club. He was never allowed to reach his potential here. It's lovely to see him succeed.

It is, him doing well, but I’m talking about people kind of wishing he was still here or wanting him back here. Its SMB behaviour…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Can we stop harking back to the likes of him…

He's an ex player doing well. Seems reasonable to discuss him? Especially in a thread with his name on, which makes it easily avoided if you're not interested in how he's doing 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It is, him doing well, but I’m talking about people kind of wishing he was still here or wanting him back here. Its SMB behaviour…

Wishing, I can agree. Discussing the possibility, alongside the likes of Brereton Diaz is acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

He's an ex player doing well. Seems reasonable to discuss him? Especially in a thread with his name on, which makes it easily avoided if you're not interested in how he's doing 

I’m interested in how he’s doing and Fulham too really. As my nephew supports them and is at their development team, but again, it’s those that are harping on about his time here or lack of game time when here (under Rafa especially) and how he should be here still or we should be signing him or whatever. He’s a very good CF in terms of his game, but he’s limited as an all-round CF and while he didn’t pull up trees here, he didn’t disgrace the shirt. I’m delighted he’s found his level at Fulham and they love him there and vice versa, if they come back up I think he’s good for 10 + goals easily. We need to move on though.

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Wishing, I can agree. Discussing the possibility, alongside the likes of Brereton Diaz is acceptable.

I’d rather take a punt on BD personally than resign Mitrovic…

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'd probably agree, but I have a lot more knowledge of Mitro to add to the conversation.

That knowledge should read he’s extremely limited, would only add 10 + goals a season, but would have to start almost every game to get there, need a team built around him etc. None starter basically in every sense!

Edited by HTT II