Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

He seems a bit of a loose cannon in terms of mentality & you can imagine Rafa is more about setting a side up well & everyone sticking to exactly what he says. He's analytical, players get a level of freedom but i'm wondering if he doesn't trust Mitrovic as much with the basics. The guy does need match time though. Equally if he was getting it maybe he wouldn't be trying things like back heels in the 10 minutes he did get to prove himself.

Never understood the backing he gets on here. He hasn't really done anything to justify it. He's probably received more cards from referees than he has scored goals.

A lot was his rep though and giving him time to settle given his age. He came here with a bit of a tag of potentially being one of hottest youth prospects in Europe. He was scoring big amounts in the top flight in Belgium and finding net against good sides in the CL. It's weird because he looks devoid of the technique required to be a top league pro and his lack of pace and discipline has really exposed him. I could forgive the pace and discipline if he was a monster for finding the back of the net, but he really isn't. If he is then he's really having a shitter of an 14 month spell with us to not show it.

Never understood the backing he gets on here. He hasn't really done anything to justify it. He's probably received more cards from referees than he has scored goals.

Big hardman mentality, always gets a section of our fans onside.  I heard from many he would rip this division apart.

i like him but wasn't confident he'd thrive under rafa and would basically need the team built around him for it to work

Don't think he's good enough to build a team around tbh.

Has he actually played more than about 130 minutes yet?

Is it not too early to comment on whether or not he will make it in this division?

Hes had one full game and two cameo appearances off the bench, given the amount of time Gayle & Perez have been given he will score goals in this league.

His match fitness is an issue, would you say?

I un/fortunately only caught the last 15 minutes of the Villa game but if that's anything to go by, I'd say fitness was a team-wide issue. f*** me they weren't half flagging by the end there. It surprised me.

We were pressing very high up the pitch on Saturday, moreso than usual I'd say.

Is it not too early to comment on whether or not he will make it in this division?

Hes had one full game and two cameo appearances off the bench, given the amount of time Gayle & Perez have been given he will score goals in this league.

He hasn't had much time on the pitch tbf, I am basing my opinion on what I saw of him last year. He'll be starting soon though, so when the chance comes around he really needs to make an impact.

He hasn't had much time on the pitch tbf, I am basing my opinion on what I saw of him last year. He'll be starting soon though, so when the chance comes around he really needs to make an impact.

So our hopes of going up rely on this carthorse scoring regularly

Its because (for me) he is the only striker of that type we have got (apart from Murphy but given his strike rate I would rather start Mitro) and Gayle/Diame isn't working. Plus as said above in his only start this season we won 6-0, so I think he at least deserves a few more before we write him off  :lol: . Play him with Gayle/Perez in the number 10 slot and see how we do.

So our hopes of going up rely on this carthorse scoring regularly

Well there's Murphy as an alternative, and despite some bad finishing and criticism of the Diame/Gayle partnership, we did create a bucket load of chances with that pair on Saturday. You would like to think their finishing might be better on another day.

Still early days, hopefully he'll improve over the season, has still young enough to learn.

Will always have certain limitations but can hopefully make the best of what he's got.

Absurd we relied on him to be our main striker and score our goals last season with hindsight though.