Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

Protesting works, and will work.

Wonder how much it cost Mike for this bit of PR from Jamaal?

Ashley's behaviour has changed massively with only the slightest bit of pressure applied. Turning up to games, crying about MP's, the whole Sports Direct not tweeting for weeks and running to the police after a few not so nice tweets, taking the players out for a meal, this suspicious new contract. Probably more that I can't think of now too.

But its clear as day protesting works.

Agreed. He's a thin-skinned cunt, the fat bastard.

Lasellout's a fucking prick.

Those comments from Lascelles can be interrupted as addressing Mike Ashley's faults, as well. (Albeit in implicit manner) He clearly is not necessary siding with Ashley here or complimenting him on what's he's done. (But he has his own interest to protect, as well)

Guest firetotheworks

Don't waste your energy, and I say that as someone who finds it really difficult to ignore these utter clowns.

Just shows how out of touch and thick most players are TBH. Don’t much about the tactics of the game never mind the politics.

I do feel a bit hypocritical for excusing Rafa but slamming Lascelles mind. I think it’s because of how much more personal these comments are.

Whats just as bad is that he had a chat and "a laugh" with the fat cunt, but "didn't really talk about football". Why the fuck not? What the fuck was the point in the fucking meal then? He's much less of a man than I assumed.

I'm arguing with a 'superfan' on FB at the moment, who has declared that he is a better supporter than me, because I choose to stay away in support of a futile cause. :)

What a bellend.

klint-istvud-brr.gif

Why are people so shocked to hear the club captain saying the same shit the manager has been coming out with?

Rafa has been saying for months how he doesn't want to see the fans protesting and to get behind the team.

Haven't seen anyone calling Rafa a cunt and turning on him though.

As someone said on some other page, he's just another player (albeit he actually care more than others). Ultimately his own career comes first - and I can understand that.

:lol:

No he doesn't. His actions today have shown that.

On the radio phone in he says "we as players don't know what goes on on social media...dont have any time in our downtime to get a handle on how fans think" basically was the line he was peddling.

The whole bond between the fans and players has been built on them being aware of fans on social media etc. Another lie. He's in full on bullshit mode.

As someone said on some other page, he's just another player (albeit he actually care more than others). Ultimately his own career comes first - and I can understand that.

I highly doubt his career would be somehow affected if he just kept his thoughts to himself.

On the radio phone in he says "we as players don't know what goes on on social media...dont have any time in our downtime to get a handle on how fans think" basically was the line he was peddling.

The whole bond between the fans and players has been built on them being aware of fans on social media etc. Another lie. He's in full on bullshit mode.

Standard Ashley apologist shite. When it's treating them well they love social media. Now it's not all as positive, especially having turned to the dark side, they don't have time for it. Shame nobody then asked if all his fan-loving tweets/Instagram postings are just a sham posted by a PR guru and heard him squirm.

This is probably true TBF, footballers on social media probably aren’t browsing a lot or reading anything outside their mates’ feeds. More liking pictures of eachother’s haircuts than following The Magpie Group.

Standard Ashley apologist shite. When it's treating them well they love social media. Now it's not all as positive, especially having turned to the dark side, they don't have time for it. Shame nobody then asked if all his fan-loving tweets/Instagram postings are just a sham posted by a PR guru and heard him squirm.

Also just thought, his heart and determination and confidence etc are what make him the player he has been not his natural talent. How's that gonna improve now?  :lol:

This is probably true TBF, footballers on social media probably aren’t browsing a lot or reading anything outside their mates’ feeds. More liking pictures of eachother’s haircuts than following The Magpie Group.

True, but in the past he's been giving it the big "we care and we are aware".

Rafa certainly does keep tabs on fans feelings (probably has a team on it tbf), but it's because he cares about us and about the future of our club. If rafa signed a new contract it'd be because of assurances on the wellbeing of our club. Not a pay rise and/or a get-out clause.

It's funny that the Caulkin/Bobby Robson quote of what 'the club' is tends to get applied to NUFC when our fans are the worst possible representation of it. For a huge  number of our supporters, the club is the players, the manager, the owner and they won't have a word said against them. They see loyalty to those people and loyalty to the club as being indistinguishable. Tends to be more on the continent where the sentiment in that quote actually manifests itself.

:lol:

No he doesn't. His actions today have shown that.

Nonsense, frankly.

He's possibly now looking after his own self interest as departure is relatively close. It's prudent. It doesn't mean that he doesn't care.

If 'nice guy' is the best that Ashley has got, then I don't think that says much about Ashley and tells me that Lascelles knows that his future is away from this club and that the reason he's not explicitly gone against Ashley is because he knows the fat cunt would have made it more difficult for him to leave when an offer is negotiated with other clubs.