Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

The only thing that worries me about JL getting called up for England and lets say he goes to the world cup plays and has a good tournament, is his value will go through the roof. Ashley would then flog him in the beginning of the following window.

For that selfish reason I dont really want him to make the squad. Purely so Ashley cant make money out of him, and Ashley would enjoy it more given Jamaal is so outspoken about what he thinks etc.

Just saying but there is probably 50M in Lascelles and Merino that I hope Amanda's people are accounting for in their valuation.

I bet Southampton's valuation didn't count on them getting 75M for a player in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating the stat

With him

Played – 20

Won – 6

Drew – 6

Lost – 9

Pts-  24

Goals 18–21

without

Played – 5

Won – 0

Drew – 1

Lost – 4

Pts- 1

Goals    6:15

With him in the team, we are in so many games that even a small attacking boost from Kenedy and Slimani should translate into points.

Anyone reckon it's time to partner him with Lejeune?

I know Lejeune has had his moments of shitness but Clark seems to be getting shitter.

Couldn't trust Clark any less than I do right now. :thup:

Aye get Lejuene back in.  Clark isn’t great but there seems to be a bit of a witch hunt building against him at the minute.  There always seems to be one of our players that a section of our fans love to blame.  I’m interested to see who they turn their attention to next. 

Anyone reckon it's time to partner him with Lejeune?

I know Lejeune has had his moments of shitness but Clark seems to be getting shitter.

Couldn't trust Clark any less than I do right now. :thup:

Clark was certainly a little stupid for the penalty on Sunday, but he did make a double clearance off the line a little later on. When Lejuene is fit again, he should be pushing Clark for the starting spot however. Seems like forever since we kept a clean sheet. Lejuene though was terribad prior to his injury and although Clark's form is nowhere near what it was last year, he's not been wretched and better than what we saw from Lejuene prior to his injury.

Aye get Lejuene back in.  Clark isn’t great but there seems to be a bit of a witch hunt building against him at the minute.  There always seems to be one of our players that a section of our fans love to blame.  I’m interested to see who they turn their attention to next.

Its not exactly a witch-hunt. People are rightly pointing out that we've conceded quite a few goals recently that have come from his being nowhere near his marker. He's also produced some good last-ditch saving tackles and blocks, and has been a decent threat in attack. The mistakes lead directly to goals though and someone else should get a fair crack in his place.

Its not exactly a witch-hunt. People are rightly pointing out that we've conceded quite a few goals recently that have come from his being nowhere near his marker. He's also produced some good last-ditch saving tackles and blocks, and has been a decent threat in attack. The mistakes lead directly to goals though and someone else should get a fair crack in his place.

Agree - he's switched off poorly in the back, no doubt he's been fair solid and sometimes looks very good - but his mistakes are costly (as were Lejeune's earlier in season).

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he’s a solid 7/10 performer week in week out and does the basics very well. He reads the game, he’s calm, he’s a leader and he is basically our kingpin. In many ways he’s vastly underrated. I get the impression though, it’s more down to Rafa than his own ability. I’d take him to the WC and value him well over 20m in today’s market. He is by far our best player, most important player and easily our most likeable player.

I expect him to still make the odd mistake, he's still very young and inexperienced at this level, but that's what's been so good about him, he's taken the step up and the captaincy in his stride and been outstanding.

If we can keep him, we have a proper fantastic player for the future.

Guest Howaythetoon

His mistakes are few and far between and seem to be on the ball only, as a defender I’d go as far to say he’s a fucking rock IMO.

Just saying but there is probably 50M in Lascelles and Merino that I hope Amanda's people are accounting for in their valuation.

I bet Southampton's valuation didn't count on them getting 75M for a player in the near future.

No their isn't, 30 push

This is actually a decent, balanced view that i agree with.  Some of the shite on forums and social media recently has been ridiculous though.  Every time we drop points there has to be someone to point the finger at it seems.