Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

I would have played him, he obv wasnt a problem with him before the match rafa aint no fool. people have to remember s*** happens in football sometimes :)

Eh! Are you saying that thinking he should have been rested, to avoid an unpredictable injury, is forgetting that unpredictable injuries happen in football?

Interesting that he went off as soon as we scored. Premeditated maybe?

Would have thought so. Probably had a niggle beforehand and the staff made the call as we had the lead and the match presumably looked winnable without him by that point.

If that's the case, I can understand why some people are concerned that he started, not a fan of playing someone who isn't 100% myself. But then as said previously, Rafa is so cautious with rotation when it comes to match fitness, I can't think he would have risked Lascelles unless the player himself said he was ok. Maybe as soon as he felt it, he signalled to come off.

Interesting that he went off as soon as we scored. Premeditated maybe?

Would have thought so. Probably had a niggle beforehand and the staff made the call as we had the lead and the match presumably looked winnable without him by that point.

If that's the case, I can understand why some people are concerned that he started, not a fan of playing someone who isn't 100% myself. But then as said previously, Rafa is so cautious with rotation when it comes to match fitness, I can't think he would have risked Lascelles unless the player himself said he was ok. Maybe as soon as he felt it, he signalled to come off.

By this point in the season I'd imagine very few players will go into games truly 100%.

Guest covmag

Rafa doesn’t seem particular cautious with rotation when it comes to Lascelles mind.  Played him consistently through injury last season. If I’m not mistaken, he was the only player to play all of the Christmas fixtures and to start today.

Cos he is our best defender and captain.we are shite without him

Rafa doesn’t seem particular cautious with rotation when it comes to Lascelles mind.  Played him consistently through injury last season. If I’m not mistaken, he was the only player to play all of the Christmas fixtures and to start today.

Cos he is our best defender and captain.we are s**** without him

Also - if we cannot best Luton without him. That further reason for him NOT being risked. The positives don’t outweigh the risk. Let’s minimise the chances of him being injured for PL opposition.

A lot of times you see managers pick lesser teams in the cups, but our manager named a strong one,” Newcastle captain explained.

“He said to me before the game: ‘We want to go out there and win and see how far we can get.’

“It’s not like the Championship when you are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday. You usually only play once a week in the Premier League, so it’s not as if you need to rest players.

“The players are happy with that - we want to play. He didn’t have to rest anyone because we don’t have another game for a week.

“In the past some players may have looked to have this weekend off after the busy period. It certainly wouldn’t happen now. Everybody wants to play and is pleased to be picked - that wasn’t always the case.

“We have a good group of lads here and everyone wants the same thing. We all work hard and we are friends on and off the pitch, as you can tell from the football we try to play.

“OK, results haven’t always gone great for us recently but at the same time we are playing good football. Not many teams score too many goals past us.”

“Yes, it’s something I would love to do. That would be a dream come true for me,” the 24-year-old replied when asked if he ever thought of winning a trophy with Newcastle.

“I lifted the Championship trophy last season and would love to lift the Cup. It will be tough. A lot of teams want to win it and will fancy their chances.

“But you never know - we could get another lower-league team at home in the next round and who know what happens after that.”

“I’m fine. I felt it go a little bit and took no chances. I just wanted to make sure we won. I’m fine for next week,” Lascelles added.

“It’s nothing really and I’ll be training Tuesday. I felt it a bit and didn’t want to make it worse. I think I made the right decision to come off and get it right for Swansea.”

A lot of times you see managers pick lesser teams in the cups, but our manager named a strong one,” Newcastle captain explained.

“He said to me before the game: ‘We want to go out there and win and see how far we can get.’

“It’s not like the Championship when you are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday. You usually only play once a week in the Premier League, so it’s not as if you need to rest players.

“The players are happy with that - we want to play. He didn’t have to rest anyone because we don’t have another game for a week.

“In the past some players may have looked to have this weekend off after the busy period. It certainly wouldn’t happen now. Everybody wants to play and is pleased to be picked - that wasn’t always the case.

“We have a good group of lads here and everyone wants the same thing. We all work hard and we are friends on and off the pitch, as you can tell from the football we try to play.

“OK, results haven’t always gone great for us recently but at the same time we are playing good football. Not many teams score too many goals past us.”

“Yes, it’s something I would love to do. That would be a dream come true for me,” the 24-year-old replied when asked if he ever thought of winning a trophy with Newcastle.

“I lifted the Championship trophy last season and would love to lift the Cup. It will be tough. A lot of teams want to win it and will fancy their chances.

“But you never know - we could get another lower-league team at home in the next round and who know what happens after that.”

“I’m fine. I felt it go a little bit and took no chances. I just wanted to make sure we won. I’m fine for next week,” Lascelles added.

“It’s nothing really and I’ll be training Tuesday. I felt it a bit and didn’t want to make it worse. I think I made the right decision to come off and get it right for Swansea.”

Wonder what all the wannebe-Pardews on here make of that ;)

Love this bloke.

Becoming a little bit of a club icon and deservedly so.

Like someone said the other day he's the perfect Robin to Rafa's Batman and represents the sea of change in attitudes of our players. They may not be that good but they all want to be here and they all want to play every match, not one in 6 or just at home.

Bet Colo was one of the players who always sought 3rd round weekend off. :rant:

I gradually think worse of Colo as Lascelles progresses. What a shithouse captain and leader he was.

No doubting his class when he was on form but it was never that consistent. Maybe one good season.

Terrible captain.

We should have made Cabaye captain, he might have stayed longer.

Lascelles is a throwback to years ago with his approach. Seems to be genuinely honoured to be where he is.. not looking for a move elsewhere.

Clubs will start to take note soon.

Jamaal Lascelles‏Verified account @Lascelles16

Pleased to of won player of the month. Big thanks to the people who voted for me 👍🏽

5:02 am - 11 Jan 2018

Anthony Gair@AnthonyGair

6h

Replying to @Lascelles16

Too have* but yes, congratulations lad.

Sholaaaa@NufSea

6h

Your seen how many headers he’s been winning lately? No wonder his typings a bit off 👍

:lol: