Jamaal Lascelles

Nobody

Jamaal Lascelles  

176 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

So hes basically siding with Ashley against the fans. Only means one thing to me...one of the two are on the way out. Signing that new contract means nothing these days. Wonder what Rafa makes of it all considering they have a very close realtionship.

I got the feeling towards the end of his appearance on total sport he realised he'd fucked up praising Mike and was pretty put off by the negative comments. 

Personally I’d never slag off the person who pays my wages to the press either.

this is my first thought as well, no one employed by the club is ever going to say anything resembling criticism of the owner

There's a mighty big difference between slagging the owner off and outright becoming one of his lackies at the sight of a few extra grand or a transfer promise.

Nobody ever claimed footballers were the brightest bunch. As club captain he has a responsibility to try and pull people together which he’s tried to do in a bit of an ill-concieved way. Given the current climate some of his words show again that detachment between players/ex-players and the fans (aka Shola the pundit).

But the day the club captain says to the press ‘I back the protests against the current owner and the fat man is a prick’ is the day he’s no longer club captain. At least he’s actually played quite well this season. In comparison most of the rest of the squad could come out and slag off Ashley but they’d still do us no favours come Saturday.

Should have just thanked the club for the contract and pledged his future to the team and left it at that. Clearly been bought off by the offer of a little extra coin like a fucking prostitute, lost all respect for him after that. You've made yourself part of the problem Lascelles.

The bottomline is he has genuinely done a 360 (on strong opinions) for cash. Don't blame a man for going for bigger earnings...but to change your opinions only due to cash has fuck all to do with career and everything to do with being a hugely greedy, shallow cunt. And to say the stupid things he said shows a level of dumb I don't need to be bothered with.

I'm not attached to any of our players...but I now dislike him :lol:r

180 ?

I think one of the problems here is the fact that players very rarely to interviews under the Ashley's fascist regime, players don't have the chance to speak out as much as Pre Ashley, actually I don't even think I've heard any of our summer signings speak.

Guest reefatoon

It’s the ‘stop the negativity line’ and ‘bad energy’ as if we’re just nutters. I know he’s not joining MENSA in a hurry but c’mon, it’s lightyears away from asking him to back protest.

That’s what has annoyed me about the whole thing, more than the the “nice guy” line.  It came across as it was the fans fault for protesting, making these poor little lambs play so poorly. Well he can f*** off. If you take Rafa out of the equation, you would not be arsed one bit if the rest of it all just burned to the ground with all the buck passing useless fuckwits still in it. Apart from Rafa, there is nothing at all to like about any of it. Hope he gets loads of s***.

Do I believe mike Ashley is capable of being superficially nice - sure. We’ve had 11 years of knowing better. Not wanting to knock him too much but if you spend your evenings playing fortnite with jonjo shelvey then I question your capacity to grasp the nuance of the situation. Ignorance.