The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

I fucking hate how most English clubs treat Europa League like something on the bottom of their trainers, what exactly are they resting players for? to finish mid table in the league like you would anyway?

At least Southampton are taking it seriously.

West Ham team to play Astra: Randolph, Knoyle, Jenkinson, Henry, Page, Poyet, Nolan, Cullen, Lanzini, Lee, Maiga. #SSNHQ

Bilic throwing Europe already?

This is the first post I see after hoying money on them.

:jones:

In a double with Saint-Etienne :lol: Started the betting campaign as I mean to go on. Always fall for the betting against teams nee fucker has ever heard of. What a doozy.

So does this f*** up the coefficient for the PL and affect the Champions League spots now?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that we're up against Italy, and Sampdoria ballsing it up too means we're OK. Very vague memory though.

So does this f*** up the coefficient for the PL and affect the Champions League spots now?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that we're up against Italy, and Sampdoria ballsing it up too means we're OK. Very vague memory though.

Yep.

Nah, that was last season. It's so close this season that Italy no doubt will take the spot from England if they do well in the CL and England doesn't.

Nah, that was last season. It's so close this season that Italy no doubt will take the spot from England if they do well in the CL and England doesn't.

Not if England did better in the Europa League. Competitions are equal in the coefficient points that are distributed.

Not if England did better in the Europa League. Competitions are equal in the coefficient points that are distributed.

England + Europa League :yao:

Still the same thing though, if Italy does better than England this season in Europe they go in front.

England still has a 3 point cushion or so for this season's rankings, which would determine next seasons' league placings. I'd say its unlikely that Italian teams do that much better (if at all). Last season was a significant anomaly IMO. The season after could be bad tho when 11/12 is removed.

Sampdoria crashed out of the Europa tonight.  Every little helps.

Fuck you West Ham.

That's not a little. It's a lot. It's an average weighting so that will drag down Italy/England's whole ranking for this season. See Hull last year, and in Italy's case Udinese's penchant for going out in qualifying. But with them both going out its more or less blow for blow.

West Ham were pretty much a bonus slot anyway weren't they? It's how Spurs, Liverpool & Southampton treat it that will count.

West Ham were pretty much a bonus slot anyway weren't they? It's how Spurs, Liverpool & Southampton treat it that will count.

No. It's an average, not a total, so they drag everybody else's average down. It could have been a bonus if they'd done very well, but by doing badly its a significant negative.