The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Very excited for this tournament.

I think having some of the "random" countries qualify adds a lot.

I don't get why people are against the expansion. Sure there will be some lop-sided scores but the better games will just be pushed back to the later rounds. Having more football to watch is never a bad thing.

Get in there, Disco.

Absolutely nailed on one of my tickets is going to involve Ireland, never been surer of anything in my life.

Eurgh, if I'm forced to sit and listen to them bore every fucker to death with their one atrocious song.

Fucking love it

I don't get why people are against the expansion. Sure there will be some lop-sided scores but the better games will just be pushed back to the later rounds. Having more football to watch is never a bad thing.

:thup:

My main counter argument is only that it's no longer symmetrical. 3 teams in a 4 team group getting though is awful and heightens the chance of dead rubbers which shouldn't really happen in tournament football IMO.

Weird thing is, a lot of the new counties that have qualified have done so without needing the change in rules.

Get in there, Disco.

Absolutely nailed on one of my tickets is going to involve Ireland, never been surer of anything in my life.

You can sell it to me if you want lad ? The woman has been banging on about going to France for her 21st.... And I think I might be willing to go now aha I'm actually fucking buzzing like when we played Scotland in June I was adamant we would not qualify but I was there in the Algarve when we beat gibraltar and Scotland got beat by Georgia and that's when things got going and I actually cant believe it fucking get in... Wouldve been sick if norn iron and the Welsh went through an we didn't aha lol but feel for the scots tbh would easily swap Wales or norn iron for them cus there a great bunch of lads !!!!!

My main counter argument is only that it's no longer symmetrical. 3 teams in a 4 team group getting though is awful and heightens the chance of dead rubbers which shouldn't really happen in tournament football IMO.

Weird thing is, a lot of the new counties that have qualified have done so without needing the change in rules.

Tbf the World Cup was like that before France 98.

Yeah I can agree with that part of it. I'd rather have the same amount of teams in the knockout round but with more of a group stage (not sure that's possible to do)

I wonder how much the expanded tournament is just a mentality thing. Seeing extra spots gives, Iceland, Albania, North Ireland (and so on) a bit of hope that this is the time they can make it and as it turns out they would have qualified normally. On the other hand you have sides like the Dutch who might have though that with so many spots it was impossible for them not to qualify.

Yeah I can agree with that part of it. I'd rather have the same amount of teams in the knockout round but with more of a group stage (not sure that's possible to do)

I wonder how much the expanded tournament is just a mentality thing. Seeing extra spots gives, Iceland, Albania, North Ireland (and so on) a bit of hope that this is the time they can make it and as it turns out they would have qualified normally. On the other hand you have sides like the Dutch who might have though that with so many spots it was impossible for them not to qualify.

Definitely played some part I reckon for the reasons you state.