The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

That was Oxlaide Chamberlain's first away goal for arsenal  :lol: How long has he been a 'prospect'?

I really don't rate him. Plenty of technical ability but lacks a brain and has a shocking injury record. Doesn't look like he's improved much at all since joining Arsenal.

Thoughts on that Flamini challenge?

Yes he has gone in off the ground and two footed, but he has got all of the ball and none of the man. If we start giving fouls and yellow/red cards for challenges that "might" hurt people if they touch them, then we may as well stop tackling all together as every tackle could hurt someone if they touch them.

If he had caught the player, then 100% a red but I think that was a very well timed tackle and he won all of the ball.

...and I absolutely hate Flamini.

Yes he has gone in off the ground and two footed, but he has got all of the ball and none of the man. If we start giving fouls and yellow/red cards for challenges that "might" hurt people if they touch them, then we may as well stop tackling all together as every tackle could hurt someone if they touch them.

If he had caught the player, then 100% a red but I think that was a very well timed tackle and he won all of the ball.

Should have been a red card.

Guest palnese

I agree with that, but if a Newcastle player tackles like that he's off.

Playing in a Dangerous Manner

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself).

It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball through fear of injury.

The action only becomes an offence when an opponent is adversely effected.

Taken from Fifa.com

Would anybody say that the Bournemouth player was effected in any way by Flamini's tackle? There was no contact between the two and the Bournemouth player didn't need to duck out of the challenge as he was scared of injury?

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself).

It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball through fear of injury.

Taken from Fifa.com

Would anybody say that the Bournemouth player was effected in any way by Flamini's tackle? There was no contact between the two and the Bournemouth player didn't need to duck out of the challenge as he was scared of injury?

Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality

against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as

serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless

there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send

off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

Taken from Fifa.com

Serious foul play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality

against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as

serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless

there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send

off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

Aye, I just read that part now.

I would still argue that there needs to be contact, I just cant get my head around sending someone off when they make a clean tackle and get all of the ball and none of the player.

Although by the rulebook, it was probably a red.

Anyone remember Dedryck Boyata, that highly rated Man City prospect from a few years ago? Currently playing for Celtic against East Kilbride. :lol:

So he's playing for Celtic now? Freddy Adu's wondering about the punchline.