The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

I still think this is more down to the players than Ranieri, they started this last season.

Many a manager, including the shitty ones we love to employ, would've come here looking to play defensive and nick a win, rather than committing players forward and looking to score at every opportunity.

Oh aye im not saying hes not playing a big part or is poor or anything. Hes obviously a good manager. I just think the players have had some realisation the end of last season & kept up the motivation over their holidays somehow.

Vardys form started those last 10 games if you look, was doing nowt then goals & assists. Mahrez form has just come from nowhere playing the same position afaia?

If anything last seasons form coincided with Pearson giving Albrighton a consistant run of games, I remember wondering why he kept dropping the lad.

Don't know why I'm watching this. It's making me so angry to watch a team doing what I wish NUFC had done all these years :lol:

:lol: Store up on some good play before the relentless winter that will be our game.

Pah. Can't get into this Leicester love in at all. Club built on a deliberate administration to get a ground built for next to nowt thus sending local businesses bankrupt doesn't do it for me.

Fully agree, but I reckon that would pale into comparison when compared to some of the s*** the 'big clubs' have pulled over the last 10 years.

Yup. It's a weird mixture of pleasure and bitterness for me. There are definitely qualifiers you can apply - they do have a billionaire owner, their football is very straightforward (reminiscent of the "good" Villa under O'Neill, defend like crazy, attack on the break and with set-pieces), they have got the breaks (luck with injuries, generous reffing, minimal cup distractions) - but it's still a perfect example of what you can achieve with a clever manager and decent players. Your build a team to exploit your better players, and then introduce new players to slot into that team/squad. There truly are parallels with Clough's Forest, and I think also with Ron Saunders' Villa.

I'm mainly bitter because we somehow managed to lose to them having pretty much p*ssed it :lol:.

Don't know why I'm watching this. It's making me so angry to watch a team doing what I wish NUFC had done all these years :lol:

:lol: Store up on some good play before the relentless winter that will be our game.

I'm not watching that shit! :lol:

Are you kidding me, fucking Newcastle vs fucking West Brom? I'm not a masochist. :lol:

[it'll be on in the background]

I'm not watching that shit! :lol:

Are you kidding me, fucking Newcastle vs fucking West Brom? I'm not a masochist. :lol:

[it'll be on in the background]

:lol: I'm on the fence, tbh. It can't possibly be as bad as :lol: :lol: It's going to be an endless hell.

Pah. Can't get into this Leicester love in at all. Club built on a deliberate administration to get a ground built for next to nowt thus sending local businesses bankrupt doesn't do it for me.

Fully agree, but I reckon that would pale into comparison when compared to some of the s*** the 'big clubs' have pulled over the last 10 years.

Yup. It's a weird mixture of pleasure and bitterness for me. There are definitely qualifiers you can apply - they do have a billionaire owner, their football is very straightforward (reminiscent of the "good" Villa under O'Neill, defend like crazy, attack on the break and with set-pieces), they have got the breaks (luck with injuries, generous reffing, minimal cup distractions) - but it's still a perfect example of what you can achieve with a clever manager and decent players. Your build a team to exploit your better players, and then introduce new players to slot into that team/squad. There truly are parallels with Clough's Forest, and I think also with Ron Saunders' Villa.

I'm mainly bitter because we somehow managed to lose to them having pretty much p*ssed it :lol:.

It's a brilliantly well constructed team as well, whether that's by luck or design. All their players know their jobs and execute them perfectly.