The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Thought Atkinson was woeful today. Started off making poor decisions for both sides, soft penalty to Leciester, but then as the game wore on and particular in the second half he clearly let the crowd getting on his back influence his decision making - in tandem with the Arsenal players constantly whinging (they really are a bunch of radgies). Absolutely no justification for it being 11 vs 10 given that if the Simpson sending off is the norm then a couple of Arsenal players should've been off the field also.

Thought he was very good myself considering the intensity of the game. Not perfect but you never can be as a referee.

He had a good first half but went to pieces in the second. The sending off was a really soft letter-of-the-law one, fine, but if you're going to be firm with second yellows then you need to be consistent - Arsenal got a free pass with that the whole second half and Cocquelin should blatantly have had one for randomly trying to start a fight with Mahrez when he was being subbed - you can't out of nowhere run twenty yards, push someone then grab them by the shirt and not get a booking.

The Mahrez sub was such an error, man.

Nah, he's the only player who isn't that intense on defense or closing down. I'd have thought going 3-5-1 would have been a better shape though.

My wife's a Villa fan, and many of our friends back in the UK are Villa fans. We came to a mutual decision not to talk about Villa at home any more.

That is one of the saddest performances I have ever seen from a Premier League side, culminating in one of the most pathetic goals conceded of all time. I have no more words.

They're such a diabolically good front three like, I can't want anything other than for them to obliterate the opposition whenever Barca play.

It just looks like they're having ridiculous amounts of fun playing football, which NUFC had almost made me forget was even possible.

I actually don't think that defeat will hurt Leicester as much as pundits tend to think. Obviously it's a blow when they were so close to a point, but when you look at things in perspective, they've gone to Man City and Arsenal - where most thought they'd be "found out" - and picked up 3 points, something I'm sure they would have taken beforehand.

People thought they were losing steam (me included) around Christmas when they looked very lacklustre for 4/5 games. But crucially they've come back even stronger and given that, I see no reason they won't be in the thick of it come May, and I still think they'll do it. They also don't have any other competitions to worry about, so whereas other teams' (admittedly deeper) squads will be stretched, Leicester will near enough always from now to the end of the season have a week in between each game. So I can't see them burning out either.

Fingers crossed, anyway.

==============

P.S. Martinez can fuck off with this "we did nothing wrong" shite. The scoreline begs to differ, Bob. Sort it the fuck out.

Same feelings, Leicester will win the vast majority of the rest of their games. Hope it's enough.

You feel the next couple of games are important for them, bounce back quickly and stay in front. Fortunately for them one of them is us at home so they've got 3 points there.

Their perceived injustice at the sending off might help them now (Wasnt a red for me). Certainly wont go easier on the supposed weaker sides if they're pissed off about the last result. Might be a one step back for two steps forward situation.

I wasnt that big on them winning till that game. The sending off then Coquelin trying to push Mahrez off the pitch. Last minute Jammy winner & Wenger coming out about beating a "Mental test". They'd have lost the game bar a jammy decision.

Regardless of whether they win it or not it's been a shot in the arm for the league and qualifying for the CL (which they surely will - and hopefully 3rd or higher) is a monumental achievement. Still going to put money on them going down next season though.

On a related note, how the hell Drinkwater didn't get sent off is beyond me. Minging "challenge".

And Leicester have been told by the ref that he saw the challenge and didn't think it was worthy of a yellow. Means nothing can now be done by the FA. Also you'll be unsurprised to learn it's the same ref for when HBA had his leg broke.

Guest palnese

On a related note, how the hell Drinkwater didn't get sent off is beyond me. Minging "challenge".

And Leicester have been told by the ref that he saw the challenge and didn't think it was worthy of a yellow. Means nothing can now be done by the FA. Also you'll be unsurprised to learn it's the same ref for when HBA had his leg broke.

Thought they changed that rule?

Thought they changed that rule?

Not according to Dermot Gallacher on Sky Sports News earlier, he reckoned that was it. If true that's still a ridculous thing.

Guest neesy111

Leeds v Boro not the most inspiring game I've ever sat through. Zzzzz.

2 teams who struggle to score, not surprising.

Think it's just a blip for Middlesbrough or is it something more serious? Surely with that squad they have to go up.

They've got the fire power to do it, they just need to start scoring.  Through the blip they've had they haven't conceded many.

Think it's just a blip for Middlesbrough or is it something more serious? Surely with that squad they have to go up.

They've hated goals since Karanka took charge. You can tell he learned under Mourinho.

They've hated goals since Karanka took charge. You can tell he learned under Mourinho.

Aye, majority of Boro fans I know say the footballs turgid. Suppose it doesn't matter when your winning, when your not however...

Seeing as there doesn't appear to be a thread on him, I'll say a rip for Ali Brownlee, best commentor in the NE, loved his club, knew his stuff and you just can't forget his joy when 'boro managed those amazing results in the UEFA Cup. 56 is no age at all.