The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Organisation and motivation can take you a long way in football, even if you lack ability. They're basically the opposite of us.

:thup:

They also manage games really well, again the complete opposite of us.

All of the big clubs have been hoyed £50million each to ensure Leicester wins the league and promotes the Premier League as the most exciting in the world just for Sky.

Fact.

This should motivate everyone.  The Lerner's and Ashley's can fuck right off.

Aye motivation, organisation and the odd bit of flair can take you a long way in football.  So can scoring and defending set pieces properly.  Think Morgan and Huth have won them a fair few points with headed goals. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Leicester are a great team really and remind me of us under Sir Bobby. Unfortunately for us at that time we had more stiffer competition than they have had this season.

That said, they deserve their success. They may not have the best players individually but my they have the best set-up, the best mindset and they do have talent in their side. Lots of it.

I'd love it if they won the league, love it. Its a huge two fingers up to the status quo and should inspire others to take note and try and compete at least.

Ironically the huge money now involved is making things just that more even or competitive here in the PL. Now all clubs can sign good players and attract good managers. I believe the PL will become increasingly competitive and open for others to enjoy success. Leicester winning the league if they do won't happen every season of course, but it won't become as impossible as it used to be.

Fergie leaving Man Utd has had a huge impact on the mindset of the league subconsciously IMO. They were so dominant under him others had to raise the bar massively just to stand in their shadow never mind take their title from them. Arsenal would have to go unbeaten a whole season. Chelsea would have to appoint Mourinho and pour half a billion pounds into the club. Man City likewise had to spend mega money.

There is no dominant figure anymore. Man City can go and spend 100m but so can we, well 80m anyway. Its all relative now.

The tragedy is that for Newcastle, in Rafa we have a manager capable of turning NUFC into say today's Spurs or dare I say it Leicester. A team that can trouble the better teams, that can win over the other teams.

I expect the former top 4 to continue to get better over the following years of course, but I also expect everyone else to. Ourselves excluded obviously. Its the former top 4 who are alsmot having to play catch up now.

Take Arsenal for example, I'd have half the Leicester side ahead of theirs and most of Spurs' players too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye because I specifically said that we had far fewer individual talents than this Leicester side... Numb nuts  :lol:

I mean I only made a passing remark of how they reminded me of us, and that is in mind-set, work-rate and how direct we were and I don't mean Pardew direct or Big Sam direct.

Anyway, looking at Leicester they have individuals you could at least compare in terms of talent and ability to the individuals we had back then.

Remember, we were not world beaters nor had a side full of world-class or even top-class talent at the time. Shearer was heading into his 30s and not the player he once was. Nobby and Robert were no Beckham and Keane or Pires and Ljungberg. Dyer and Speed were no Gilberto or Vieira or Scholes and Keane. Woodgate had massive potential and on his day was the best, but he was no Campbell or Rio to be honest. In Given I believe we had a genuine world-class 'keeper at the time.

So aye again, Leicester remind me of us under Sir Bobby.