The other games today - 2015/16

Deuce

Iniesta's been awful this second half.

I think his head has gone now this season, when you're captain it's not the greatest motivation to sit and cry on the team bus after the CL elimination.  It will make other players heads drop.  You need to take it on the chin and rally the squad. 

Suarez has been absolutely diabolical and Neymar not much better.

Messi was woeful, aside from tapping in a cross.

Nah I don't agree, he played many excellent passes behind the defence only for the players on the end to waste them. Suarez might as well not have been on the pitch at all.

Guest firetotheworks

Re the Vardy dive, I can only assume that the people thinking it isn't a dive also think people who run into cars to get compensation have been knocked over.

There really are people who argue that it isn't a dive?

When I first saw there had been a red, felt bad for Vardy and Leicester. But having seen the action Vardy deserves no sympathy.

I think it's brilliant that players are getting second yellows for diving when merited, like. Fair play to the ref.

Quite. In this case, if they'd given a foul then there's an argument that you send the defender off...and Vardy and Ranieri know that perfectly well. It's obvious, and it's something Vardy and Mahrez have been systematically doing all season. You guys know that all too well after your game at Leicester.

The wrestling at set pieces by Huth and Morgan is deliberate and calculated too. All that happened was that a ref finally called them out on it.

The mistake Vardy made was not going for the right type of "dive" (as opposed to simply going for the dive). The centreback very clearly tugs his arm/shoulder, which would have put Vardy's balance off given the pace he was running at, and I suspect that is what caused Vardy to think "I need to go down" as a shot on his weaker foot whilst off balance would have been difficult. He just chose the wrong type of dive in the split second he made his mind up - needed to fall backwards/sideways to clearly show the effect of the defender grabbing him. Strikers go down quite regularly in this scenario, and never get carded when the referee decides there's no foul.

They've properly made a living out of it. The bad thing about that gobshite Mourinho getting sacked is that it's taken until now for a strong ref to highlight it, whereas he'd have probably shone a spotlight on it ages ago if he had skin in the game. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I personally thought the exact opposite of Shearer and Wright on MOTD and that the ref (aside from the penalty right at the end) had it pretty spot on.

Sorry, man, had an aberration. It surprises me sometimes the shit I come out with. You're sound. I hate that lovely refreshing calming cider. It's so numbing. Mmm. We cool?

:thup: always.