Club Captain 2015/16

bowlingcrofty
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Siem > Janmaat > Wijnaldum

sick of this like, is it because he seems like a nice guy?

Think it had more to do with him being Ajax captain, and a strong character.

based on....

Ajax winning the Eredivisie 4 times in a row...

[emoji38]

And then not winning it the season after he left.

Didn't he barely play the season before leaving Ajax due to his first collapsed lung?

EDIT: 19 times, 7 goals.

Siem > Janmaat > Wijnaldum

sick of this like, is it because he seems like a nice guy?

Think it had more to do with him being Ajax captain, and a strong character.

based on....

Ajax winning the Eredivisie 4 times in a row...

[emoji38]

And then not winning it the season after he left.

Didn't he barely play the season before leaving Ajax due to his first collapsed lung?

EDIT: 19 times, 7 goals.

It's been said a ton that he's extremely vocal on the pitch and in dressing room (at his time in Ajax). He'd constantly be talking to De Boer about his thoughts and ideas and opinions on a certain match. He also is a big game player, was a man who showed up to be counted in the CL when he tortured City.

I'd be happy with either him, Janmaat or Wijnaldum. It doesn't necessarly need to be a guy who's done well in the shirt for us so far - it needs to be a real leader of these guys, one who isn't going to hide when the going gets tough, who will demand 100% every match and hold every player accountable -- even the manager and staff. I see De Jong as  that guy for us, I see Janmaat, and I can imagine Wijnaldum is the same.

Giving it to De Jong would be equivalent to me starting a new job, then immediately taking a year off sick before returning to find out I've been offered a promotion.

If we do not get a replacement for Colo, I think it has to be him. He is half the player he once was and he wants away. But he is a decent captain and I think he (and some of the squad) would be disrupted by him being demoted.

Problem with Tiote is a) he's suspended more often than not, b) it's hard to see any of our more talented players looking up to a player who can't pass further than 5 yards and c) due to point b is far from an automatic starter.

Krul or Janmaat would seem like the sensible choice to me, could see Colo continuing if he doesn't get sold for the sake of continuity or some BS like that, or ginger Jack- leerkal lad innit.

If we do not get a replacement for Colo, I think it has to be him. He is half the player he once was and he wants away. But he is a decent captain and I think he (and some of the squad) would be disrupted by him being demoted.

??

Colo's 'leadership' has been questionable to say the least and although he's "experienced" when do you ever see him really talking to the players on the pitch and revving them up? Someone like Janmaat or even Colback who is visibly commited and puts their heart into the cause will inspire the players and set higher standards than someone like Coloccini who shies away when the going gets tough.

Also as you say he is half the player he is and wants away, so why would you even start him - let alone make him captain!?  :lol:

Giving it to De Jong would be equivalent to me starting a new job, then immediately taking a year off sick before returning to find out I've been offered a promotion.

No, not at all like what you've just said. De Jong was a Captain of a Champions League / Dutch title winning side. Came in with immense pedigree, proved to be a vice captain. Was hurt, by all accounts stuck around Newcastle and was involved as much as he could physically be. And has been back amongst the lot.

I think that disruption is all gone. Colo is on borrowed time.

??

Colo's 'leadership' has been questionable to say the least and although he's "experienced" when do you ever see him really talking to the players on the pitch and revving them up? Someone like Janmaat or even Colback who is visibly commited and puts their heart into the cause will inspire the players and set higher standards than someone like Coloccini who shies away when the going gets tough.

Also as you say he is half the player he is and wants away, so why would you even start him - let alone make him captain!?  :lol:

Because if we are not starting Colo we are starting Taylor and Williamson. I would much rather see him replaced than as captain.

I would rather see him replaced by 2 new CB's and demoted to third choice, absolutely. At the moment we're left with no real option but to play him, but to keep him on as captain would benefit nobody but the player himself. Jonas isn't about to lick his arse so I can't see many first team players arsed if it goes to someone like Janmaat, Colback or even De Jong (proving he can stay fit)

Gotta be Janmaat! At least he looks like he cares when he plays.

He genuinely looked embarrassed to be associated with everything going on at times last season, especially what was taking place on the pitch. And as a professional footballer so he fucking should have been.

For what it's worth, i'd give it to De Jong with Janmaat as vice captain.

Colo simply shouldn't be an automatic starter anymore, and therefore shouldn't be captain.

You having a laugh? What's leading a team to 4 consecutive titles got to do with being able to lead a different team?

Mental you. #mojo

Don't like any of these options really.

You don't like Janmaat or De Jong??

Gotta be Janmaat! At least he looks like he cares when he plays.

He genuinely looked embarrassed to be associated with everything going on at times last season, especially what was taking place on the pitch. And as a professional footballer so he f***ing should have been.

Janmaat made the cowards walk over to the away fans to face the abuse/clap them for the hiding earlier last season. He gets it. He's a fucking footballer man.