Club Captain 2015/16

bowlingcrofty
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't like any of these options really.

You don't like Janmaat or De Jong??

Not as captain, no. Janmaat because I don't think he is really leadership material and I would prefer him to concentrate on bombing down the right hand side all game long. Also, ideally I would prefer the captain to be a midfield player or forward, to avoid getting caught on the break as the captain often has to get out of position to speak to the referee. De Jong would be a better option, but he is yet to prove his fitness and establish himself as a respected player at Newcastle.

IIRC, didn't Janmaat urge his teammates to go over and applaud the traveling fans after the infamous Southampton match last year? He'd only been at NUFC for a couple months at that point, too! I'd happily make someone like that captain.

He has probably the most professional attitude of any of our players and would lead by example in that regard. Ideally he won't be a guaranteed starter if we bring proper players in like.

He runs and passes it around, but that's hardly leading by example when it comes to professional attitude. On the contrary he is prone to disappearing, picking up cheap yellow cards, and generally seems a bit weak/the quiet kid in the group. So obviously not suited to captain a Premier League side.

Janmaat just seems like a bit of a loose cannon. I can't really put it any other way, but I don't get captain vibes from him. You could see he was thinking how shit Williamson was, how shit Carver was, etc. As fans that's great because it's what we are all thinking too, but the captain should be the manager's voice on the pitch, the organiser, the tactician, the disciplinarian. I don't get that from him.

Janmaat just seems like a bit of a loose cannon. I can't really put it any other way, but I don't get captain vibes from him. You could see he was thinking how s*** Williamson was, how s*** Carver was, etc. As fans that's great because it's what we are all thinking too, but the captain should be the manager's voice on the pitch, the organiser, the tactician, the disciplinarian. I don't get that from him.

When we needed our club captain to lift his fellow teammates up as we slid the fuck down the table, he didn't. He was a passive quiet hiding CB who then penned some crap open letter pleading for support. The last great club captain we had was Kev Nolan and we could do with having someone who actually gives a fuck.

Siem de Jong as club captain and Janmaat vice captain.

I said this last week and I still think it'll happen. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Wijnaldum is made captain, id be ok with that. Or Colo, I wouldn't be ok with that.

Dunno if it's any indication but Colback is doing press conference with McClaren

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/just_boy_uk/E4D7EB96-F08C-4FC5-B4AB-D764881F574D.jpg

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-jack-colback-gets-9648021

The Geordie midfielder got the nod ahead of last season’s vice captain Cheick Tiote, Moussa Sissoko and Siem de Jong in the friendly win over Gateshead, and could be asked to continue the job in the United States should Fabricio Coloccini sit out any of the action on the club’s pre-season tour.

McClaren also has the option of Georginio Wijnaldum as another leader after the Dutchman captained PSV Eindhoven to the title in Holland last term.

For now, Colback is enjoying the buzz of running the team on the pitch for the former England boss.

He told the Chronicle: “It was a good moment to captain the team, even in a friendly.

“It’s a great honour to wear it any game.

“It was a surprise but I am very happy to have it on.”

I voted Janmaat then immediately changed my mind to Wijnaldum. He has the personality to have everyone like and respect him and he just one the Dutch League as captain. No-one currently at the club could get their nose out of joint except maybe Colo, and I don't give a fuck about him - he might even be a little relieved to have less responsibility.

McClaren just said for now Coloccini is the captain and when asked about Colback " Yeah and Tiote was captain in the 2nd half".

Awful awful choices all around.

He also said that he likes to do that in pre season and it could be someone totally different next game, don't think it means anything tbh.

McClaren just said for now Coloccini is the captain and when asked about Colback " Yeah and Tiote was captain in the 2nd half".

Awful awful choices all around.

He also said that he likes to do that in pre season and it could be someone totally different next game, don't think it means anything tbh.

I hope so mate but honestly it'd be par for the course considering we appointed him in the first place.