Chancel Mbemba

Nobody

Start him next to Saylor, Colo or Dummett if available. Be OK with any of them, hopefully we'll sign Abdennour or Matip or someone soon there after and have Mbemba's long term partner

Dear Supporter,

We are pleased to give you an update this evening on the situation regarding Chancel Mbemba.

The Club can confirm that due to the nature of the fixture tomorrow (Saturday, 1st August) it has obtained the necessary permissions in order for Chancel to be involved in the squad to face Borussia Monchengladbach.

The Club would like to thank Anderlecht for their co-operation in this matter.

The player has an appointment overseas midweek to make his formal visa application, which we expect to be issued in order that he can be available for selection for the Club's first game of the Premier League season.

They seem pretty reasonable to do business with compared to some of the others we've dealt with.

Hoping there will some be some kind of way to watch this tomorrow.

It's on "espn 3" (online streaming) in the States, so i'd expect it to be streamed elsewhere as well

Awesome! I'm working tomorrow and this means i have something to do :)

Dear Supporter,

We are pleased to give you an update this evening on the situation regarding Chancel Mbemba.

The Club can confirm that due to the nature of the fixture tomorrow (Saturday, 1st August) it has obtained the necessary permissions in order for Chancel to be involved in the squad to face Borussia Monchengladbach.

The player has an appointment overseas midweek to make his formal visa application, which we expect to be issued in order that he can be available for selection for the Club's first game of the Premier League season.

They seem pretty reasonable to do business with compared to some of the others we've dealt with.

Maybe we haven't messed them about like we have done with other clubs and made acceptable offers.

Guest RowZed

Birthday aside... Watching Willo get skinned by a 3rd tier player against Sacramento leaves me with nothing but optimism over this signing... Two out of Mbemba, Colo, Taylor, Lascelles, Dummett gives me more encouragement now than anything over the past two years.  Ideally if Saylor stays fit and Lascelles proves he's more than just a mediocre Championship level centre back (Williamson?) then it'll be interesting to see how they get on.  Having faith in Bigi at right back and Dummett at left back is where is where I draw the line.... DW is still the physio after all...

Dear Supporter,

Maybe we haven't messed them about like we have done with other clubs and made acceptable offers.

This. And the fact I still think we offset some of the Mitrovic fee on to Mbemba so Belgrade's 20% isn't as significant.

Guest thenorthumbrian

The Mbemba signing is critical, we all Williamson is not up to the job, and I think Cololcini has been on borrowed time for a while.