Sacramento Republic 0 -1 Newcastle United FT (Full Match in OP)

Guest n4e

One of the most gorgeous own goals you'd want to see.

Otherwise, yikes, mostly. I don't know how to even compare them, but I'd say Sacramento Republic FC is roughly on the level of a League Two side or worse, and we made them look good.

Aarons was a bright spot. Janmaat, too, per usual. Windleman (thanks, Sacramento guy!) had some nice touches.

The only thing this time awake has given me is a massive hatred for whoever "Roro" is and a hatred for long hair in ponytails. Oh and also naturally reminded me that NUFC give me no enjoyment, just full on hate fuelled anger.

Winegum had some promising involvements though.

I was desperate for Roro to score personally. Would have been a real highlight.

As for the football, Aarons and Ayoze were bright spots, but I'm starting to get the worrying feeling that McClaren's first eleven against Southampton will be very, very disappointing.

Terrible performance, only positive is Aarons, Woodman looks like he has a future but outside of that hard to find a player that impressed. It is pre season so got to factor that in. But worrying performances from all over the pitch. Cisse just doesn't offer anything unless the ball is played to him in the box, nothing. Williamson is getting worse, which I didn't think is possible, Anita and Colback offer nothing yet again. Sissoko, so wasteful in possession. Dejong another who doesn't do enough.

That's our captain for the next x years you're speaking about there. Get used to it :lol:

The only thing this time awake has given me is a massive hatred for whoever "Roro" is and a hatred for long hair in ponytails. Oh and also naturally reminded me that NUFC give me no enjoyment, just full on hate fuelled anger.

Winegum had some promising involvements though.

I was desperate for Roro to score personally. Would have been a real highlight.

As for the football, Aarons and Ayoze were bright spots, but I'm starting to get the worrying feeling that McClaren's first eleven against Southampton will be very, very disappointing.

I'm not sure about Perez's performance, flattered to decieve too many times and really should have buried that chance aarons put on a plate for him.

If McLaren's first XI is the team that started tonight, then we are in for a long season. Aarons surely has to be on the left, both Colback and Anita need upgrading, Cisse is tragic, Williamson even more so. I think we need too see at least 4 replacements from tonight's starting eleven to have any chance of winning game 1.

Meh, preseason. Thought we started brightly with players getting forward, good 1-2s etc. but it just descended into a bit of a runaround, after 25 minutes. We were sloppy with touches/passes, I imagine still being in early prep (and heat?) were part of that.

Williamson :anguish: Obertan :anguish: And f***ing Colback captain once more. So much for testing different players. A guy nailed it earlier in this thread. He really has the charisma of a bag of crisps, and there's no way he should be captaining us.

Woke up in the night and decided to watch the last 10 mins of the first half. One Obertan 'first touch' later and the phone was thrown across the room and an angry sleep ensued.

Looking at the team I'm not surprised tbh, Williamson is unavoidable because of the injuries and it shows how we desperately need a CB.

I personally would have started Sissoko in the middle if the game mattered and Aarons/Perez either side of De Jong assuming Wijnaldum wasn't going to start.

But it is pre season so meh, it just highlights the need for a winger, CB and striker as well as the fact that Wijnaldum was very much needed.