Newcastle United vs Southampton FC - 09/08/15 1.30 pm BST - Pre match thread

Nobody

Based on his interview I think we're going to see one of two things...

Krul, Janmaat, Mbemba, Colo, Dummett, Colback, Anita, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Obertan, Mitrovic/Cisse

Krul, Janmaat, Mbemba, Colo, Dummett, Colback, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Perez, De Jong, Mitrovic/Cisse

The second lineup is our "attacking" lineup. The question is if he starts with that. The first one could see De Jong in for Obertan. I think he's genuinely undecided about Mitrovic vs. Cisse.

Sounds like it'll be

Krul

Janmaat Williamson Taylor Haidara

Anita Colback

Sissoko        De Jong    Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Sounded like he only wants Wijnaldum further back when we're chasing a game.

Krul

Anita Colback

Sissoko        Wijnaldum    Perez/Obertan

Mitrovic/Cissé

Reckon it'll be this.

Sounds like it'll be

Krul

Anita Colback

Sissoko        De Jong    Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Mbemba for Williamson and I'd be OK with that. Just don't let "Gabby" anywhere near the pitch.

The fact we're starting a new season with Williamson and Taylor at the heart of defence means everyone at the club has failed, including McClaren. Haven't even kicked a ball and we're already fucked. Digracefully shit.

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Yeah to push De Jong, Sissoko Perez and Mitrovic further up the pitch. :thup:

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Yeah to push De Jong, Sissoko Perez and Mitrovic further up the pitch. :thup:

Aye, but we should be starting like that though, not wait until we concede to do that.

There's absolutely no excuse for Wijnaldum not playing CM at all times, for starters if Gladbach is any indication he's miles better there and secondly the alternative is Colback-Anita :anguish:

We'll be shite if he doesn't play CM, if he does play we might be decent.

He said that sissoko is best in the middle as a box to box player which is a good sign. The way he lines up for this first gane will tell me an awful lot about Mcclaren, and if we should have some hope that things will improve.

He said that sissoko is best in the middle as a box to box player. The way he lines up for this first gane will tell me an awful lot about Mcclaren, and if we should have some hope that things will improve.

Though he hasn't played there in any of the pre-season games? Might be wrong...

(1) I think we'll eventually see Sissoko as a CM next to a partner (with license to get forward constantly)

(2) I think we'll see Wijnaldum in one of the front 3 behind striker positions, assuming that will be wide right or left.

(3) I also think Perez is being touted as a starter wide left b/c of his abilities.

(4) Sounds like De Jong is the central linchpin, did I hear him right saying that he was "our best player" ? or did I hear that wrong?

He said that sissoko is best in the middle as a box to box player which is a good sign. The way he lines up for this first gane will tell me an awful lot about Mcclaren, and if we should have some hope that things will improve.

He kind of said that initially, by agreeing with the caller, but then he talked about how he plays out wide of a three for France and how finding his best position is important.

What I took from that is Sissoko is one of his first names on the team sheet, but he's not certain of his position yet.

(1) I think we'll eventually see Sissoko as a CM next to a partner (with license to get forward constantly)

(2) I think we'll see Wijnaldum in one of the front 3 behind striker positions, assuming that will be wide right or left.

(3) I also think Perez is being touted as a starter wide left b/c of his abilities.

(4) Sounds like De Jong is the central lynch pin, did I hear him right saying that he was "our best player" ? or did I hear that wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/wDXdC.png