Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Mitrovic already getting targeted by commentators and refs. He's going to get few extremely soft red cards in the future just for his reputation. :(

He's going to get red cards regardless of reputation. I think the only thing saving him again today is that there's so little time left.

Start him and he'd be off by 20 mins.

He's been fouled twice today and somehow he got talked to. :lol: :lol:

He jumped in to the challenge and landed with his studs on the guys feet ffs :lol:

And that tells you enough about him that he gets talked to when fouled. It's not reputation, its behaviour.

Needs to get a grip and fast.

Are you blind or did you have the TV off? He never touched the guy. He was trying to protect the ball with his body, as Pelle was doing all game against Everton.

If Mitrovic doesn't start the next game man, I'll be furious.

Not as furious as you'll be when he's sent off after 7 minutes

Rubbish. We need his enthusiasm and energy at the start of the games.

I guarantee you he does nothing of the sort if he starts. He's coming on all hyped up trying to get into the game man.

Yeah, think it does him no favours to only have ten minutes to be the hero papa Mitrovic deserves.

Pros:

Didn't get absolutely fisted

Looked a little more solid from defensive set-pieces

Cons:

Started slowly

Struggled to create chances

Struggled to keep the ball

Poor marking and communications at the back

Attacking set-pieces a total waste of time

Midfield completely outplayed

Obertan plays another huge chunk of a game

We now have no RB for a trip to Old Trafford

Even that Pro in bold is more down to Swansea easing off and Montero being subbed.

Well, that was utterly rotten from beginning to end. Absolutely nothing to be positive from the game.

I'm prepared to be patient with McClaren but I'd preferably like to be able to take something out of each game to suggest we're making progress.

Southampton game we showed signs, today we just looked totally outclassed. McClaren needs time but taking off Cisse and having no strikers when chasing a game is a bit daft.

All today has underlined for me is how shocking our defence is, again.

:thup:

Wasn't much good about that, but I'm not gonna jump down any of their throats - Janmaat aside, who single-handedly prohibited us from getting anything from the game. McClaren might've thrown Mitrovic on sooner but the game was long gone and I'd no problem with the 4-1-4-0 in principle. We kept it relatively tight where in seasons gone by we'd have been absolutely trounced. Meh, onto the next one.

Mitrovic already getting targeted by commentators and refs. He's going to get few extremely soft red cards in the future just for his reputation. :(

He's going to get red cards regardless of reputation. I think the only thing saving him again today is that there's so little time left.

He jumped in to the challenge and landed with his studs on the guys feet ffs :lol:

And that tells you enough about him that he gets talked to when fouled. It's not reputation, its behaviour.

Are you blind or did you have the TV off? He never touched the guy. He was trying to protect the ball with his body, as Pelle was doing all game against Everton.

Erm what, he jumped and landed on the Swansea player's foot. It couldn't have been any clearer :lol:

I get it he tried to shield the ball but you just don't jump in like that when you do...

Weird isn't it, I saw a full blooded, badly attempted challenge. He hit the floor, not the player.

Wasn't much good about that, but I'm not gonna jump down any of their throats - Janmaat aside, who single-handedly prohibited us from getting anything from the game. McClaren might've thrown Mitrovic on sooner but the game was long gone and I'd no problem with the 4-1-4-0 in principle. We kept it relatively tight where in seasons gone by we'd have been absolutely trounced. Meh, onto the next one.

:thup:

Well, that was utterly rotten from beginning to end. Absolutely nothing to be positive from the game.

I'm prepared to be patient with McClaren but I'd preferably like to be able to take something out of each game to suggest we're making progress.

The fact that Ayew easily out jumped Colo means we will lose ALL headers inside our box this season.  I am serious, I'd rather play Willo with Chancel.  Colo is completely finished as a player.

Absolutely woeful.

Why give mitrovic 8 minutes and play without a forward at all for so long. very negative.

Very few positives that I could see, other than possibly Anita and Sissoko till he got injured.

Wijnaldum anonymous and knocked off the ball very easily, Colocinni very poor, Janmaat poor and also idiotic for the 2nd foul where there was no danger.

I'll save the discouragement for now, but I'd like to see some evidence that Steve is recognizing the failings and adjusting. Get some new defenders in and change that lineup next week.

Have to think it's gonna be Mbemba-Taylor-Coloccini-Haidara.

Absolutely woeful.

Why give mitrovic 8 minutes and play without a forward at all for so long. very negative.

Very few positives that I could see, other than possibly Anita and Sissoko till he got injured.

Wijnaldum anonymous and knocked off the ball very easily, Colocinni very poor, Janmaat poor and also idiotic for the 2nd foul where there was no danger.

It's undoubtedly negative but I honestly can't see what's so hard to grasp. I know we're all afflicted by the Pardew regime, and any hint of outright negativity (like today) is bound to get the pitchforks out - but you've got to look at things on an individual basis. Pardew's gone, this is a new manager, uninspiring though he is. Taking it as an individual case, the game was more than likely lost and he endeavored to make sure it stayed at two.

I'll save the discouragement for now, but I'd like to see some evidence that Steve is recognizing the failings and adjusting. Get some new defenders in and change that lineup next week.

Have to think it's gonna be Mbemba-Taylor-Coloccini-Haidara.

Three not good enough, one out of position. :jesuswept: