Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

Mitrovic already getting targeted by commentators and refs. He's going to get few extremely soft red cards in the future just for his reputation. :(

He's going to get red cards regardless of reputation. I think the only thing saving him again today is that there's so little time left.

Start him and he'd be off by 20 mins.

Well, that was utterly rotten from beginning to end. Absolutely nothing to be positive from the game.

I'm prepared to be patient with McClaren but I'd preferably like to be able to take something out of each game to suggest we're making progress.

Mitrovic already getting targeted by commentators and refs. He's going to get few extremely soft red cards in the future just for his reputation. :(

He's going to get red cards regardless of reputation. I think the only thing saving him again today is that there's so little time left.

He's been fouled twice today and somehow he got talked to. :lol: :lol:

Guest Gino14

It's difficult or near impossible to find many positives in that, but I'll try in the sense that under Pardew we lost these games anywhere between 3 and 5-0.  Hence his record breaking amount of 3-0 defeats.

They've decided he's nuts. Match of the day last week wnet on and on about it, and well ... after thethign today, where he did absolutely nothign wrong, he's pretty much toast as far as his reputation goes.

He jumped in to the challenge and landed with his studs on the guys feet ffs :lol:

And that tells you enough about him that he gets talked to when fouled. It's not reputation, its behaviour.

Needs to get a grip and fast.

This whole "McLaren needs to make the same mistakes Pardew and Carver made to realize who is shit" is baffling. Did SBR persevere with Ruud Gullit's tactics and selections just to see what wasn't working? Heck, even Big Sam forced Ashley into a bunch of signings just so he could put his own stamp on things right at the beginning.

Clean slate for Colo, Colback and Obertan = a relegation battle. Which means had the club not released Jonas and Raylor they would be starting as well?

He should've spent the summer watching games of our last campaign and realizing we need a full squad with 2 players competing for each position, starting at the very least in defence. And he's failed at convincing his own bosses about that, there is no way around this fact.

It's difficult or near impossible to find many positives in that, but I'll try in the sense that under Pardew we lost these games anywhere between 3 and 5-0.  Hence his record breaking amount of 3-0 defeats.

Pardew should never be our yardstick.

Down to 10 men we could've played on the counter & tried to get a goal. instead we sit back & try to only lose by 1 or 2

I think we'd have got torn a new one if we had. We couldn't string any passes together all game, and would have ended up over committing and getting punished repeatedly.

He jumped in to the challenge and landed with his studs on the guys feet ffs :lol:

And that tells you enough about him that he gets talked to when fouled. It's not reputation, its behaviour.

Needs to get a grip and fast.

He put his leg to the ground ffs. You honestly think Taylor is up instantly if Mitrovic stamped his shin?

If Mitrovic doesn't start the next game man, I'll be furious.

Not as furious as you'll be when he's sent off after 7 minutes

Rubbish. We need his enthusiasm and energy at the start of the games.

I guarantee you he does nothing of the sort if he starts. He's coming on all hyped up trying to get into the game man.

Pros:

Didn't get absolutely fisted after we went down to 10

Looked a little more solid from defensive set-pieces

Cons:

Started very slowly

Struggled to create chances

Struggled to keep the ball

Poor marking and communications at the back

Attacking set-pieces a total waste of time

Midfield completely outplayed

Obertan plays another huge chunk of a game

We now have no RB for a trip to Old Trafford

Discipline clearly still an issue, so many avoidable cards in last 2/3 seasons.

Well, that was utterly rotten from beginning to end. Absolutely nothing to be positive from the game.

I'm prepared to be patient with McClaren but I'd preferably like to be able to take something out of each game to suggest we're making progress.

Southampton game we showed signs, today we just looked totally outclassed. McClaren needs time but taking off Cisse and having no strikers when chasing a game is a bit daft.

All today has underlined for me is how shocking our defence is, again.