Swansea City 2-0 Newcastle United - 15/08/15 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Greg

I think its unfair that this lad gets all the blame on here. He was FREE, has got a few goals and assists, and actually wants to play for the club. Where as Cabella and De Jong who cost money and haven't contributed nearly as much as their price tag has justified are given a free ride. I strongly believe if you put Colback in a functioning team like Swansea or Everton, he'd perform quite well.

He would start. Are you telling me Colback isn't in the same league as the likes of McCarthy, Shelvey, Ki, Besic, Gibson, Barry, Osman, Britton and Cork?

A few months ago, people were saying how Anita could be a useful "cog" with the right players around him. That's how I see Colback. With the right players around him, he could do an effective job of spraying the ball around and winning tackles.

I think its unfair that this lad gets all the blame on here. He was FREE, has got a few goals and assists, and actually wants to play for the club. Where as Cabella and De Jong who cost money and haven't contributed nearly as much as their price tag has justified are given a free ride. I strongly believe if you put Colback in a functioning team like Swansea or Everton, he'd perform quite well.

He would start. Are you telling me Colback isn't in the same league as the likes of McCarthy, Shelvey, Ki, Besic, Gibson, Barry, Osman, Britton and Cork?

A few months ago, people were saying how Anita could be a useful "cog" with the right players around him. That's how I see Colback. With the right players around him, he could do an effective job of spraying the ball around and winning tackles.

:scared:

They would have won anyway, like claiming Lampard's goal against Germany at the WC not being given would have made a difference.

well not nailed on, had we used/adapted a formation that is readily suggested on here

:lol: Comparing Colback to Jack Cork.

The two of them were on different levels today.

Jack Cork does what our pair of knackers should be doing. Quiet, effective, unheralded. Surprised So'ton sold, even moreso given what they've done since. Good player.

Craziness.  :lol:

I watched the Chelsea Swansea game and thought we would be exposed as 'not ready' today. Then seeing Everton beat Southampton 3-0 it doesn't bode well for the next few fixtures, if not the best part of the season.

We were rubbish from the 1st minute today, no closing down, poor movement and no resemblence of being any kind of unit. We were ok last week, we were as bad as ever today. We need a complete shake up; Colo should have been sold, Haidara ain't good enough; the Anita/ Colback axis is a joke and Mitrovic now needs to start ahead of Cisse, we also need to get Perez in somewhere and Aarons in for Squidward. There's too many players in the comfort zone and we are sleepwalking in only our second game of the season.

Can McClaren please show Ashley his interview before the West Ham game and then a video of that shambles today.

We were rubbish from the 1st minute today, no closing down, poor movement and no resemblence of being any kind of unit. We were ok last week, we were as bad as ever today. We need a complete shake up; Colo should have been sold, Haidara ain't good enough; the Anita/ Colback axis is a joke and Mitrovic now needs to start ahead of Cisse, we also need to get Perez in somewhere and Aarons in for Squidward. There's too many players in the comfort zone and we are sleepwalking in only our second game of the season.

Agree with this. No-one to try and calm things down. Swansea pushed us until we were getting scared of the ball. No cohesion.

I watched the Chelsea Swansea game and thought we would be exposed as 'not ready' today. Then seeing Everton beat Southampton 3-0 it doesn't bode well for the next few fixtures, if not the best part of the season.

We'll finish in the middle of the bottom half. There's comfortably 3 teams worse than ourselves so there's no danger of relegation but equally there's no danger of us doing anything else either. That's the harsh reality of life under Mike Ashley. It's all rather pointless.

I said last week that 5 of that team should have been nowhere near the pitch and yet some on here were getting excited about a very average performance when Southampton could have scored 4 or 5 easily. Roll on one week and the true signs are starting to show messers Anita and Colback being made to look the very average players they are and continuously passing the ball sideways or backwards whilst also being very physically weak and easily brushed aside in challenges. 

Colo was beaten again by a lack of positioning on the second goal and the first goal was also a brilliant example of how not to play for offside. The left side of the pitch was none existent again and the ball kept coming back due to Cisse not being able to hold up the ball and being selected as a target man and lone striker which he is clearly is not - what is the point of paying a big sum of money to put a player on the bench especially one who can actually hold  the ball and bring other players into play which is a very key attribute when playing away from home in particular.  If people say match fitness then why are Colo and Mbemba starting and surely playing football is the way to get match fit - I bet Mitrovic is already regretting moving to this shambles of a club.

If this muppet of a manager (who should never have got the job in the first place) keeps playing Anita. Colback, Obertan, Hiadara and Colo and persists with Cisse up front on his own then this team will be in the bottom half of the table easily and again fighting to stay up. A winger, a striker, a left back and a central defender should be a matter of urgency and I would also argue a playmaking midfielder also but there will not be any more signings until some of the other squad are moved on. The total mismanagement and quality of players in this squad purchased in these last 3 years is bordering on scandalous.

Can McClaren please show Ashley his interview before the West Ham game and then a video of that shambles today.

As bad as this? Oh dear. :weep:

Any positives from the game at all?? How did Mbemba play? Headers scored again??

As bad as this? Oh dear. :weep:

Any positives from the game at all?? How did Mbemba play? Headers scored again??

Did ok, their second was a header. First one Gomis broke the offside trap went round Krul and tap in.

Well if this doesn't push them into buying a couple of quality defenders then nothing will.

Priority is a top a quality Left Back and Centre Half.  Ship willo out and I'd be ok having Colo and Taylor as back up. A Striker and a Winger would be a bonus but we could manage without until Jan.

It would be interesting to see how the rest of the team would perform if we were solid at the back. But then, when have we?

Deservedly beaten, we looked OK after the first 10-15 mins, then the red card killed the game. Damage limitation was probably the right response, but the starting lineup and substitutions weren't great. Let's hope McClaren learns something from it.

I think he was loyal to Obertan and Cisse for their end-product contribution last week. Cisse has movement, awareness and finishing but not a lot else to his game and in games like this he is just a passenger. Yes he may nick you the game but that's unlikely let's be honest. Today we needed a more rounded player who can work harder, hold the ball up, relieve pressure and kickstart attacks. Cisse ends moves but does little else. He's a luxury we can't afford in games like this. Obertan has raw pace and a shot on him but again little else.

We still know little about Mitrovic but he ticks the boxes Cisse doesn't and they're the things we needed today.We haven't had decent hold-up play for years and when our midfield is being outplayed we need someone who can hold it up and offer an outlet. Swansea are a passing team but they have muscle up front too and can switch it up. When we're outworked or outplayed in midfield we lack an outlet up front because Cisse doesn't have the pace or the strength to influence games off the ball. What he does he does very well, but it is a very limited skill-set

There's the optimism gone anyways.... Shame s**** different season

After two matches. Fuckin' hell. :facepalm:

Don't tell me it'll be any different after the 32nd game cus we will be in the same fucking position... Mc Clarens decisions today no ayoze ? No mitrovic? Fuck off.. United, arsenal, even west ham and fucking Watford will hammer us fucking shambolic

There's the optimism gone anyways.... Shame s**** different season

After two matches. Fuckin' hell. :facepalm:

Don't tell me it'll be any different after the 32nd game cus we will be in the same fucking position... Mc Clarens decisions today no ayoze ? No mitrovic? Fuck off.. United, arsenal, even west ham and fucking Watford will hammer us fucking shambolic

Holy crap theres pessimism then there this, jesus :lol: