Best NUFC XI in the Post-Relegation Era

toontenacity

Don't get this Janmaat ahead of Debuchy silliness like.

My only memories of Debuchy are getting sent off against Liverpool and West Brom like a cunt. Similarly the only things I can recall right now about Janmaat are his red cards last week and against Leicester, again for being a cunt.

Both decent, but reckless. Debuchy slightly better going forward, Janmaat better defensively. There's no way Debuchy was considerably better for him to be an obvious choice over Janmaat.

And although Debuchy was better going forward, it was more in a high-energy sort of way that would get us further up the field. Think Janmaat is actually a better crosser of the ball.

Not seen any indication of that so far tbh, also i'm pretty convinced if Janmaat came first the opposite would be said.

Debuchy was miles better going forward tbh, the away game at Palace where we won 3-0 sticks in my mind. Debuchy was miles better at overlapping and cutting it back to the six yard box or edge of the box, until Cabaye left we scored loads of goals like that. Don't ever recall Janmaat doing anything like that and quite frankly i don't think he's better than him defensively either, Debuchy was a better one v one defender, better in the air and pushed teams back which nullified their effectiveness mainly.

Janmaat has been a good signing, but i really fail to see anything he's better at and pretty convinced the only reason that it's seen that way is because he's the replacement and Debuchy left as soon his mate went basically. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if Wijnaldum is considered better than Cabaye soon either tbh.

Guest Recoba

Krul

Debuchy-Taylor-Coloccini-Enrique

Cabaye-Tiote

Ben Arfa-Carroll-Ba-Remy

Harper, Janmaat, Santon, Sissoko, Ayoze, Nolan, Cisse on the bench.

Bit soon for Mbemba and Wijnaldum for me but both already close.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't get this Janmaat ahead of Debuchy silliness like.

o its ok guyz ki has cleared this one up for iz

jeje, I actually agree.

I've cleared it up for you by me not understanding something.

Guest firetotheworks

Disagree tbh. He put in some good balls for an excellent Andy Carroll and that group of players had a lot of heart, but I think Sissoko has shown more quality (with much less heart) imo.

And although Debuchy was better going forward, it was more in a high-energy sort of way that would get us further up the field. Think Janmaat is actually a better crosser of the ball.

Not seen any indication of that so far tbh, also i'm pretty convinced if Janmaat came first the opposite would be said.

Debuchy was miles better going forward tbh, the away game at Palace where we won 3-0 sticks in my mind. Debuchy was miles better at overlapping and cutting it back to the six yard box or edge of the box, until Cabaye left we scored loads of goals like that. Don't ever recall Janmaat doing anything like that and quite frankly i don't think he's better than him defensively either, Debuchy was a better one v one defender, better in the air and pushed teams back which nullified their effectiveness mainly.

Janmaat has been a good signing, but i really fail to see anything he's better at and pretty convinced the only reason that it's seen that way is because he's the replacement and Debuchy left as soon his mate went basically. :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if Wijnaldum is considered better than Cabaye soon either tbh.

I normally agree with You but I don't here. Debuchy would bomb ass forward but he'd be out of position far more. Would get rinsed for pace as well. He's the far superior header of the ball and slide tackler. Janmaat covers much better and was versatile enough to look competent at CB. Janmaat' crossing is probably on par but he's whipped in far more and makes intelligent passes throughout. 

Probably even tbh.

Smith's probably the worst I've ever seen for us (who's played more than just a few matches, like). Disgustingly bad player.

Smith is also an absolute Bellend of the highest calibre when I saw him in Orlando.

• 3 months later...

Now our new signings have bedded in, thought i'd bump this.

For me:

Krul

Janmaat (marginally over Debuchy)

Mbemba

Colo

Enrique

Cabaye

Wijnaldum

Perez

Remy

Ba

Ben Arfa

Subs:

Elliot...

Tiote (first season)

Debuchy/Santon

Sissoko

Cisse (1st season)

Carroll

Mitro

(Would like Barton involved as well tbh)

Guest firetotheworks

If we're going on when they were at their best for a full season, then comfortably this.

Krul

Debuchy

Colo

Enrique

Tiote

Cabaye

Wijnaldum

Sissoko

Remy

Carroll

Ben Arfa

Fuck Ba.

Krul

Debuchy - Mbemba - Coloccini - Enrique

Cabaye - Tiote - Wijnaldum

Ben Arfa - Ba - Cisse

Pretty ridiclous that I have to have two player who have played 2 games for us in here

This is also presuming all players are in form (ie, when Tiote was good, when Cisse was scoring)

That's a decen line up samb

Assuming everyone at their best (I'd probably have Janmaat over Debuchy for one otherwise but think Debuchy at his best dragged the whole team forward, Janmaat is more consistent)

Krul

Debuchy      Taylor    Colo      Enrique

Cabaye

Wijnaldum  Sissoko

Hatem                                      Perez

Remy

Krul

Santon  mbmembma colo Jose

Tiote 

Sissoko  Barton  cabaye  HBA

Ba

Would be good to watch. Nailed on one of the centre mids would see red.