Newcastle United vs Arsenal - Saturday 29th August 12:45pm (BT Sport 1)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'd play Krul; Janmaat, Haidara, Mbemba, Coloccini; Anita, Wijnaldum; Thauvin, De Jong, Perez; Mitrovic.

Can see Colback being picked for Anita though.

Can't see that myself, what's more likely is they both play and Perez drops out for Sissoko tbh.

You're right and that's why McClaren is not a great manager because if you can't see such an obvious deficiency as playing Anita and Colback together then I'm sorry you have problems - hope he proves me wrong and doesn't pick the two and plays the team which actually makes us a whole lot better in every way but I doubt it

Well if he gets results then it will be hard to argue, on the other hand if it's not working then he's going to have to do something somewhere along the line, that's his job. One loss in three isn't disastrous, the jury's still out for me.

I think we are playing Arsenal at a really good time. They are not playing well and have CB's out. Mitrovic has scored against them before we just need to get him good service and i am sure he can score again and/or create havoc in their back line. Our confidence is up after two good results and performances. We should really go for them from the off. Harsh to drop any of the defenders from old trafford and i am not sure he will. Thauvin has to start, as does Perez and stick with Mitrovic up top.

I'd go with our best available players:

Krul

Janmaat Taylor  Coloccini Mbember

Sissoko  Wijnaldum 

Thauvin      Perez          Aarons

Mitrovic

I think SMc will go:

Krul

Mbember Taylor  Coloccini Haidara

Anita    Colback

Thauvin  Wijnaldum  Obertan

Mitrovic

You think Taylor and Colo are both better than Mbemba?

I have included Mbember at left back in my team as i do like him a lot and prefer him at left back defending against Ramsey and co to Haidara. Just for now it seems a shame to break up the defence that did so amazingly well at Old trafford!…but at the same time Jaanmat is a top quality player who looked superb in midweek…. Colo and Taylor played so incredibly well its hard to just drop one of them after performances like that. Mbember and Colo also looked far from convincing as a partnership and have conceded 4 goals in the two game they played together !

Mbemba has to start as a CB, anything else would be plain stupid, especially against Arsenal when we need his pace there. It worked well at OT but we were defending really deep for most of the game, plus Mbemba was the best choice available, especially against Depay.

I have included Mbember at left back in my team as i do like him a lot and prefer him at left back defending against Ramsey and co to Haidara. Just for now it seems a shame to break up the defence that did so amazingly well at Old trafford!…but at the same time Jaanmat is a top quality player who looked superb in midweek…. Colo and Taylor played so incredibly well its hard to just drop one of them after performances like that. Mbember and Colo also looked far from convincing as a partnership and have conceded 4 goals in the two game they played together !

I think that was more to do with being up against forwards who were much more of a threat in the air. Man U and Arsenal don't really have those type of strikers.

I think that was more to do with being up against forwards who were much more of a threat in the air. Man U and Arsenal don't really have those type of strikers.

giroud?

To be fair Giroud is expected to start on saturday he's 6'4 and pretty decent in the air !

V Man u Fellani was very fortunately for us suspended and could have murdered colo and mbember in the air just as Southampton did !

Start of the season i wanted Mbember plus a new tall quick CB ! Not sure 100% sure Mbember plus Colo who isn't very commanding either in the air is the answer. Williamson is very good in the air but not so good on the deck. We still need a big commanding CB !

Based on last week Colo and Taylor are the best combination we have at this moment in time.

giroud?

He's not exactly massive is he? If our centre backs can't handle him in the air, they really shouldn't be doing the job.

Sorry Mr Taylor has been found wanting more times than not and one good game doesn't mean the slightest - OUT HE GOES - I find it totally bewildering that after one or two half decent games fans totally forget about the form of certain players being consistantly poor in the previous few years

It will be very interesting to see what team he picks. I think definitely 2 of tiote, colback and Anita for DM. I wouldn't mind Anita and tiote there. Tiote solely there for donkey work and Anita to release the quick passes to thauvin / Perez hopefully if they are both starting

giroud?

He's not exactly massive is he? If our centre backs can't handle him in the air, they really shouldn't be doing the job.

Same height as Pelle, both are significantly taller than Gomis. :lol:

Saying that, Colo and Mbemba is the way to go, we can't just lose faith in Chancel because he's playing against someone a bit tall.

It will be very interesting to see what team he picks. I think definitely 2 of tiote, colback and Anita for DM. I wouldn't mind Anita and tiote there. Tiote solely there for donkey work and Anita to release the quick passes to thauvin / Perez hopefully if they are both starting

If he plays 2 DM then I don't think Perez will be playing as no way he is not bringing Sissoko back BUT he will play two DM and it's a sure be that Perez who will be dropped - don't understand it as playing two of Titote, Anita and Colback certainly makes the team a lot a hell of a lot weaker.

Pelle's goal was due to a lack of communication and Gomis scored to due Janmaat playing him onside. Mbemba has hardly been abused tbh and Taylor and Colo looked no better for the first 20 mins until McClaren changed to a 4-1-4-1 and it made us more solid as a team.

I don't even see it as a debate tbh, but oh well.

giroud?

Same height as Pelle, both are significantly taller than Gomis. :lol:

Saying that, Colo and Mbemba is the way to go, we can't just lose faith in Chancel because he's playing against someone a bit tall.

I don't think he's as aggressive in the air as Pelle though, always thought he got goals more from knowing where to make runs and being a really good finisher. Yeah he's decent in the air, but not exactly a monster, so a decent cb should be able to cope.

Giroud is good in the air, but he isn't aggressive with it. Mbemba and Colo should be able to handle him. Not like a ton of crosses go in for him anyway.

Giroud's ability to get off a shot in the box is what I'm most worried about. We always give him far too much space to get a shot off. I'd prefer Mbemba in there as he seems a really good shot blocker and stand up tackler.

Krul

Mbemba  Taylor  Coloccini

Janmaat          Anita        Sissoko

Thauvin      Wijnaldum          Perez

Mitrovic

3 at the back with Mbemba covering for Janmaat so he can get forward with Thauvin.

Have a f***ing go at these man, we're at home, we just smashed Northampton, we just tied Man Utd away. Have a f***ing go.

If Sissoko is fit you start him, Wijnaldum and Anita in midfield. You start Thauvin and Perez wide and Mitrovic up top. If Sissoko is not fit then Siem should take the #10 role to link things up and string it all together and have Wijnaldum paired with Anita. Our attacking 4-5 players can inflict damage on anyone and its people like Thauvin who can get the stadium rocking man.

I think i love you....

Krul

Mitrovic

3 at the back with Mbemba covering for Janmaat so he can get forward with Thauvin.

I'm starting to think you're mental.

Krul

Mitrovic

:lol:

What's wrong with it, please tell?

Krul

Mitrovic

Krul

Mitrovic

what's wrong with playing 3331?