Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What penalty decision???

I can't remember anything or any protesting etc from them?

Was this before the sending off like?

Thauvin and Bellerin had a clash of legs in the box before the sending off.

Must of been something and nothing then as I can't remember any major protests etc either from their players or their arsehole fans.

The commentators and pundits kept bringing it up to try and excuse all of Marriner's decisions.

Mmm. Nonsense I'd say like.

Our yellow cards were ridiculous. Wijnaldum's for waving an imaginery card and Colo's for scuffling with the Arsenal bench being 2 in particular which were ludicrous.

He'd given us a throw in prior to booking Colo and only gave them a free kick after Colo protested about the players on the bench grabbing him.

Arsenal were embarrassing today with their rolling around and inability to stay on their feet.

I really liked Sanchez, but he went massively down in my books today. Several times he made the "card" gesture to the ref, at times it appeared that Marriner was not going to book someone until Sanchez went running over or flung his arms around - he then called the player back and carded him.

Marriner was awful, made so many mistakes and should rightfully get strung up for it and not ref in the next round of games.

The linesman were awful too, so many times the ball looked out and they either missed it or weren't even watching.

Can anybody clear up the Colo yellow at the end? In our area none of us had any idea what on Earth the free kick and yellow were for? It looked like he ran off the pitch and fell into the dugout, then he gave a yellow and a free kick? We may have missed something...

If this was Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea etc. it'd be all over the papers, media and pundits would be going mental - sadly, as it is us, we'll get a five second mention at the end of MOTD and excuses made for the awful display by the officials.

Thought we defended well as a team again and were incredibly unlucky with the goal. Arsenal were poor, happy to have the ball but do nothing with it.

The improvement in organisation in the team from last year is staggering, last year we'd have lost this 6-0.

Arsenal were embarrassing today with their rolling around and inability to stay on their feet.

I really liked Sanchez, but he went massively down in my books today. Several times he made the "card" gesture to the ref, at times it appeared that Marriner was not going to book someone until Sanchez went running over or flung his arms around - he then called the player back and carded him.

Marriner was awful, made so many mistakes and should rightfully get strung up for it and not ref in the next round of games.

The linesman were awful too, so many times the ball looked out and they either missed it or weren't even watching.

Can anybody clear up the Colo yellow at the end? In our area none of us had any idea what on Earth the free kick and yellow were for? It looked like he ran off the pitch and fell into the dugout, then he gave a yellow and a free kick? We may have missed something...

If this was Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea etc. it'd be all over the papers, media and pundits would be going mental - sadly, as it is us, we'll get a five second mention at the end of MOTD and excuses made for the awful display by the officials.

Thought we defended well as a team again and were incredibly unlucky with the goal. Arsenal were poor, happy to have the ball but do nothing with it.

The improvement in organisation in the team from last year is staggering, last year we'd have lost this 6-0.

He was scuffling and arguing in the dugout and when he broke free he complained to the ref and pointed at the dugout. I'm assuming he got booked for asking for one of those on the bench to be sent to the stands or booked.

And yet it was only a Newcastle player that got booked for that offence. :lol:

Guest neesy111

The thing is, if an opposition player did the challenge mitrovic did today then this place would be up in arms baying for blood.

The thing is, if an opposition player did the challenge mitrovic did today then this place would be up in arms baying for blood.

But that is natural, that is rose-tinted goggles sort of thing.

If that challenge occurred in a game that we had no interest in - we'd all say yellow.

Referees are supposed to be neutral, so should have came to that conclusion.

Without reading any of this thread, the BT sport commentary was absolutely dreadful today. Glenn Hoddle made some interesting comments but Ian Darke and Robbie fucking Savage were beyond poor. Desperate for Arsenal to win and constantly making digs at our fans for having the cheek to back the team

:thup:

It's a red card. Whether it would warrant it 10 years ago is irrelevant...today it is a red card, sadly.

Stop it, man :lol: That's a yellow card, I don't give a fuck if it's an NUFC player a Man United player or Jimmy Saville, stop telling everyone what they think!

Guest neesy111

:thup:

It's a red card. Whether it would warrant it 10 years ago is irrelevant...today it is a red card, sadly.

Stop it, man [emoji38] That's a yellow card, I don't give a fuck if it's an NUFC player a Man United player or Jimmy Saville, stop telling everyone what they think!

That's strange for this place everyone is usually telling everyone else what to think.

Guest neesy111

He was given a red card for "serious foul play"... Standing on someone's foot, unintentionally...

I don't care if it was a NUFC player, Qatar player or Hayes and Yeading player - this year, 10 years ago or 50 years ago. It was never a red card.

WAT

Guest neesy111

You keep saying this place would be up in arms, despite the fact plenty of neutrals outside this place think it was a fucking stupid decision.

All neutrals I know said it was a red card.

That's strange for this place everyone is usually telling everyone else what to think.

You're a good lad Neesy but you're not making any sense.