Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good interview from McClaren. Disputed the red. Ref made a rod from his back dishing out yellows. Compared the Mitrovic and Sissoko challenge. He also insinuated Arsenal were rolling about the floor and we fell victims to it. He also praised the crowd heavily.

Sounds spot on.

...do I like the manager? What the fuck is this.

Howard Webb saying Colo was lucky to not get a straight red, fucking hell man :lol:

He's clearly pissed off that the ref got so much stick today, that was a perfectly good tackle. Bald cunt.

I wish instead of saying red cards are harsh he'd say what he really thinks. I know he won't want to get suspended but I really hate that our managers have always been so easy on referees. Ferguson was a gob shite but he could intimidate referees into not pulling any shit with him.

Defensively we look superb, i missed much of the game last week. Today the interceptions & reading of the game from our defence was brilliant. I actually saw Haidara ease Giroud off the ball from a 1 on 1 situation like it was nothing. You can see we're a much better side already.

Good interview from McClaren. Disputed the red. Ref made a rod from his back dishing out yellows. Compared the Mitrovic and Sissoko challenge. He also insinuated Arsenal were rolling about the floor and we fell victims to it. He also praised the crowd heavily.

That's our fucking manager. :thup: love that.

Get in!

I have the feeling the referee union will back Marriner after this game. Howard Webb already stated he felt that apart from the penalty he has a good game. It will be really interesting to see future games and the outcomes of similar fouls.

The Colo yellow was a good tackle, potentially the follow through after the tackle is what caused 'injury' to Coquelin, but I'd be disappointed to be booked for that. A game ruined by the referee imposing himself on the players not even 5 minutes into it. Its very frustrating that potentially it could have been a good game as the team had the spirit and desire to defend to the best of their ability.

Wouldn't expect anything less.

We could very well be bottom of the league come 6pm tonight :lol:

:lol: Being down there this year doesn't feel like it used to. I like us. I'm cheering for us again.

Me too Mike, not bothered about the table. I am bothered about the club again. Love the crowd today, real passion and togetherness. Roll on the games we will have earmarked as must win.

I have the feeling the referee union will back Marriner after this game. Howard Webb already stated he felt that apart from the penalty he has a good game. It will be really interesting to see future games and the outcomes of similar fouls.

The Colo yellow was a good tackle, potentially the follow through after the tackle is what caused 'injury' to Coquelin, but I'd be disappointed to be booked for that. A game ruined by the referee imposing himself on the players not even 5 minutes into it. Its very frustrating that potentially it could have been a good game as the team had the spirit and desire to defend to the best of their ability.

Wouldn't expect anything less.

Would love to have seen the reaction if the same cards/fouls were given against Arsenal

The yellow card for Wijnaldum was the worst for me. Arsenal were consistently rolling about and asking for yellow cards but Marriner didn't give them a yellow card.

I don't want any players asking for yellow cards but the lack of consistency from Marriner today was shocking

Always forget how much I hate Arsenal until they come to SJP. Absolute fannies

I was sat next to them, I heard them 3 times all game. Once when they scored, and two other times when they were chanting Sunderland.