Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought the team showed lots of character today, when we might as well have been playing 12 men. :( Only concern for me would be that we failed to test Cech, even when we went down to 10 men. Overall, I'm happy at the fight they showed, but disgusted with Mariner.

BT's coverage was rotten, btw. Picking up their bias from where they left it from the Man United game. :( We really are just seen as cannon fodder for the big 4.

Does Mitrovic's red card count the Sheffield Wednesday game or just league games?

counts for it yeah, means he'll be available for Chelsea then

Still wouldnt start him

Mitrovic and Costa on the same pitch

Thought the team showed lots of character today, when we might as well have been playing 12 men. :( Only concern for me would be that we failed to test Cech, even when we went down to 10 men. Overall, I'm happy at the fight they showed, but disgusted with Mariner.

BT's coverage was rotten, btw. Picking up their bias from where they left it from the Man United game. :( We really are just seen as cannon fodder for the big 4.

Thought you said it defo a red?

Another good defensive display but the fact remains that we've only scored in 1 of our 4 league games so far.

2 matches with 11 men. 1 goal.

2 matches with 10 men. No goal.

Southampton. Swansea. Man Utd. Arsenal.

Would have wanted more than 2 points from this but I'm not going to lose sleep at that. I'm fuming at refs right now.

2 goals

Typo. Two ties with two points 

Just watched it all the way through. Never a red card in a million years is the first point. Thought Mbemba was outstanding and Colo seems to be growing every game. Defended brilliantly again it's a shame we couldn't see the attack in full flow. Subs were spot on, although personally would have thrown De Jong on a little earlier.

Overall quite positive and if we can add something before the window closes we will be good to go after the international break.

On a side note, realised how much I hate Arsenal today.

Today was ideal situation for Anita and Colback when the team had to defend due to circumstances. I however maintain that both should not be in the team from the off and in my opinion our attacking options are severely depleted when the two of them are playing. Out of the two Anita would get the nod as he has a bit more about him than Colback, but especially at home we should be going out to win the game from the off and currently this formation does not allow this with any real momentum. Before Mitrovic was sent off he was totally isolated up front and the many times he brought the ball down there was no support what-so-ever.  Team battled well today but I have to say in the four league games to date we haven't really looked that threatening on a whole and in the main have been rather negative with the tactics and formation. I just don't see the supreme optimism displayed by a few on here - yes it has been better than the previous couple of years but is that really saying anything? I have said this for a while we need a playmaking midfielder in the centre of the pitch with a wider passing range than 10 - 15 yards.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tiote for me out of Anita and Colback. He maybe rash at times, but he can carry the ball, he can shield it, he has the athleticism and play makes in there as the deep lying player that is. Under Hughton and at times under Pardew he was superb.

Tiote for me out of Anita and Colback. He maybe rash at times, but he can carry the ball, he can shield it, he has the athleticism and play makes in there as the deep lying player that is. Under Hughton and at times under Pardew he was superb.

Agree and a playmarker beside him - you would see a whole different ball game as a team to compliment the signings we have made and the better players we have already here.

If he doesn't give the penalty he has to book Bellerin for diving as well.

No he doesn't. :lol:

If he thinks it's not a penalty then it has to be viewed as simulation with Bellerin's reaction.

What?

There was clear contact, obviously Bellerin is going to feel it's a penalty.

I'd imagine that he's not given it based on the fact that it was an accidental coming together of the players' legs.

If he thinks it's not a penalty then it has to be viewed as simulation with Bellerin's reaction.

What?

I'd imagine that he's not given it based on the fact that it was an accidental coming together of the players' legs.

Nah if he sees it, he gives the penalty. The commentators even pointed out that his view was obscured.

What?

Nah if he sees it, he gives the penalty. The commentators even pointed out that his view was obscured.

So he should have to book Bellerin for diving if he didn't see the incident? :lol:

people forget how terrible tiote is

I've seen 10 times more from Tiote in his Newcastle career than I have Colback or Anita put it that way.

What?

So he should have to book Bellerin for diving if he didn't see the incident? :lol:

He should check with his linesman because if he doesn't believe there's been contact (hence not giving the penalty) then he needs to establish whether there was simulation.

What penalty decision???

I can't remember anything or any protesting etc from them?

Was this before the sending off like?

Thauvin and Bellerin had a clash of legs in the box before the sending off.

Must of been something and nothing then as I can't remember any major protests etc either from their players or their arsehole fans.

What penalty decision???

I can't remember anything or any protesting etc from them?

Was this before the sending off like?

Thauvin and Bellerin had a clash of legs in the box before the sending off.

Must of been something and nothing then as I can't remember any major protests etc either from their players or their arsehole fans.

The commentators and pundits kept bringing it up to try and excuse all of Marriner's decisions.