Newcastle 0-1 Andre Marriner - 29/8/15 - Post Match Reaction From Page 5

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haven't read through the thread but for my part I'm once again encouraged by the character in the team. 70 minutes against Arsenal with ten men and they had to rely on a deflected off target shot to get three points. Obviously they could have had more but that was down to their poor finishing as well as our defenders fighting to the last to put them under pressure. In seasons gone by that would have been 5 or 6-0.

A word on the ref as I have read the debate in the Mitrovic thread. Regardless of everything else he showed his hand with the Colo booking imo, he might have just about gotten away with it but that booking was just flat out cheating, it was never, ever even a foul nevermind a booking. The Gini booking was a little hint at his intentions too, the lads playing 70 minutes in a ten man team and he's just been fouled, let him have a whinge ffs, such a petty booking with no thought for the context of the game.

It's weird as in games like today and Man Utd last week Dummett would be the logical choice over Haidara due to him being more solid than him, yet Haidara's pace and running from deep seems to offer us a lot more of an outlet when we have our backs to the wall.

It's weird as in games like today and Man Utd last week Dummett would be the logical choice over Haidara due to him being more solid than him, yet Haidara's pace and running from deep seems to offer us a lot more of an outlet when we have our backs to the wall.

I have thought the same, but Haidara played well for me, and pretty much has done in all the games this season (even pre-season, excluding martial arts display--who knew this was the start aof a ticker tape parade of red cards...). I think he's likely to improve with more games, and the increased confidence which should come along with them. If not, we can give Dummett a run.

at some point these positives need to translate into some points on the board.

think we missed a massive chance with the Southampton game like

If we were playing them today, we'd have won. We were just getting started then. West Ham and Watford, we need to try and get 4 points.

Guest Howaythetoon

Arsenal play some lovely eye catching football, their movement and pace is frightening, but they are a limited side and will be miles off the title, miles. I love Wenger, but he's fast becoming a dinosaur. My brother in law is a Gooner and he is fed up with him and the lack of activity in the transfer market.

Another good defensive display but the fact remains that we've only scored in 1 of our 4 league games so far.

2 matches with 11 men. 1 goal.

2 matches with 10 men. No goal.

Southampton. Swansea. Man Utd. Arsenal.

Would have wanted more than 2 points from this but I'm not going to lose sleep at that. I'm fuming at refs right now.

Another good defensive display but the fact remains that we've only scored in 1 of our 4 league games so far.

Would have wanted more than 2 points from this but I'm not going to lose sleep at that. I'm fuming at refs right now.

2 matches with 11 men should be 2 goals

2 goals