Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Aye was very disappointed at that defending the draw at end, shouldn't happen at St James.

We can't keep playing poorly against easy opposition and then raising our game for noble failures. We need points on the board desperately and I am not greatly reassured to be honest. Mbabu is the most positive thing however, he's a beast.

Pain in the balls that they just got a wonder goal from nowhere to get back in the game.

We were cruising at 2-0, once that went in it was inevitable that doubt would creep in.

Hope Colback has leg aids btw.

Don't think we were cruising at all. 18% ball possession for a while there. Were letting them pass it around our box more or less.

We s*** ourselves at half time. The only reason we got that 2nd was mbabu actually taking a hold of the game & chasing Hazard across the pitch to win it back. That is the kind of player we need, then we score from him putting us on the counter. Our only attack. The rest was more sitting back.

You cant allow players of that quality time to pass the ball man.

Exactly if you  allow quality  players time and space to attack they will no problem

Very disappointing to lose that and totally undeserved given the performance.

Fucking awful that at the end though, it's actually soured it for me - defending a point at home? Nah that's not the way Newcastle United go about things.

That's it really. It's not the NUFC way to play it safe. We're not down to 10, or even 9 men (this time). Why not have a go? It's what the club is about. It's not some "rather lose 3-4, than win 1-0" shite either before anyone says it :lol:

...it kind of is like. :lol:

It's really not.

Pain in the balls that they just got a wonder goal from nowhere to get back in the game.

We were cruising at 2-0, once that went in it was inevitable that doubt would creep in.

Don't think we were cruising at all. 18% ball possession for a while there. Were letting them pass it around our box more or less.

We s*** ourselves at half time. The only reason we got that 2nd was mbabu actually taking a hold of the game & chasing Hazard across the pitch to win it back. That is the kind of player we need, then we score from him putting us on the counter. Our only attack. The rest was more sitting back.

You cant allow players of that quality time to pass the ball man.

Exactly if you  allow quality  players time and space to attack they will no problem

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

At home, taking it into the corner for a draw :( Bit sad that

Not in the circumstances like.

Aye not sad, f***ing shameful

Considering we're playing Chelsea, had conceded 2 in the second half, are low on confidence and the team were blowing out their arses, it's common sense.

It's not something I normally defend, but in this case it's fair enough imo.

Nap sorry that's just a load of shit - you score from a corner and then you try  and keep it safe when you need 3 points - if it's 2 - 1 yes but not when you need the win

It's not a load of shit for the exact reasons that I've just given. Not agreeing with it is fair enough, but there are enough reasons in those circumstances to make it understandable.

Fucking awful that at the end though, it's actually soured it for me - defending a point at home? Nah that's not the way Newcastle United go about things.

That's it really. It's not the NUFC way to play it safe. We're not down to 10, or even 9 men (this time). Why not have a go? It's what the club is about. It's not some "rather lose 3-4, than win 1-0" shite either before anyone says it :lol:

Wasn't De Jong off the pitch? So technically we did have 10.

I don't see the problem tbh. To lose that game would have been suicidal.

Yeah but they didn't really look like scoring IMO.

Had they had any chances?

Defending a home draw when we're in the bottom 3 and haven't won all season aye cracking stuff. Proper Pardew like s**** from McClown

Chill. I don't agree with it, but at the moment any point is needed. Some very encouraging stuff in the first 45 minutes.

Played very well today (though it's frustrating as fuck that the feckless twats suddenly turn up against this opposition) and probably deserved to win.

Fact is though yet again we've failed to win. Don't care who the opposition is, from 2-0 up at home with 20 mins left we should win the match.

On the positive side it was a much improved display and if we play like that against lesser teams we'll be fine. On the negative, that's what all the clubs that end up relegated say.

Said it multiple times but i will never understand why we so often sit back when we get a lead, we are so f***ing s**** at it and constantly concede.

First  half very good performance and exactly how you should play against the better teams - second half we did exactly what you shouldn't and give time and space and invited them on

Yeah but they didn't really look like scoring IMO.

Had they had any chances?

Mitrovic was defending deep in our own half. They were always going to create some chances. Had two or three good chances where they were called for offside.

The defending was more down to De Jong being out of it I thought. Dude was woozy , so we decided not too risk it with ten men essentially.

Looked like we were set to swing it in until we realised he was badly caught and needed extensive treatment.

At home, taking it into the corner for a draw :( Bit sad that

Not in the circumstances like.

Aye not sad, f***ing shameful

Considering we're playing Chelsea, had conceded 2 in the second half, are low on confidence and the team were blowing out their arses, it's common sense.

It's not something I normally defend, but in this case it's fair enough imo.

Nap sorry that's just a load of s*** - you score from a corner and then you try  and keep it safe when you need 3 points - if it's 2 - 1 yes but not when you need the win

It's not a load of s*** for the exact reasons that I've just given. Not agreeing with it is fair enough, but there are enough reasons in those circumstances to make it understandable.

It is like and you don't win games if you don't try and win them as I said if it had been 2 - 1 fair enough

Don't get when people say "two up top worked", it wasn't 4-4-2 by no means.

Mitrovic is so important for us.. Man he is good at holding the ball, just has to learn to release it faster. Hangs on it a bit too long.

Wasn't De Jong off the pitch? So technically we did have 10.

I don't see the problem tbh. To lose that game would have been suicidal.

I thought he shook it off and continued? Not sure on that tbh, but even so, we weren't a man short for any sizable amount of time.

As I said, it was symptomatic of the whole second half. Meek and cowardly tactics. More than that, really unintelligent. Not saying bring Krul up for the corner ffs. You can have a corner and still be ready for a turnover in possession.

Guest firetotheworks

...it kind of is like. :lol:

It's really not.

Drawing 2-2 from 2-0 up,

Defending the entire 2nd half,

Low on confidence,

Absolutely nackered,

Mitrovic not on the field,

Against Chelsea who have been getting chances,

Ramires and Hazard on the break.

1 minute left.

vs

Our 1 goal from 1 chance from a corner.

Howeh, it's not beyond the realms of common sense to take the positives in that situation and run.

If a good performance and frustrating result were in any way an indicator of a good performance and good result against Norwich, the mackems or lowly opposition then today was encouraging.

But in real life, it doesn't work that way. In fact, it's just two points slipping away against opponents you outplayed. Next week we have no idea what sort of team will show up.