Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Guest Howaythetoon

HBA over Hazard? Not in a million years.

The HBA we had for a brief spell, I would. I.E the one who scored that wonder goal at home to Bolton and Blackburn or terrorised Villa away.

HBA over Hazard? Not in a million years.

The HBA we had for a brief spell, I would. I.E the one who scored that wonder goal at home to Bolton and Blackburn or terrorised Villa away.

:lol:

What utter nonsense.  I'm one of HBA's biggest fans but Hazard is miles better than him

A point was deserved by virtue of a first half performance which was a vast improvement over the last few weeks' rubbish but there was no doubting that Chelsea were the better side by a mile in the second half once Mourinho made subs which let them dominate m/f.

Krul to blame for the second goal, allowed it to drift past him into the corner, wrong-footed by Ramirez' run but Chelsea deserved a point.

Wijnaldum more involved in this game and took his goal well, leaving his marker for dead...Mbabu was a revelation and the defence looked better as a result but we will still concede in games where Colo cannot be a---d.

Unexpected point, but lets hope things get better - will take more than this to convince me though..!

He's been beat by that type of free kick and run before hasn't he? Sure that happened last season .

Would have loved it if Krul had gone a bit further and claimed/punched it but the angle it came from and the runners who could have got a touch on it made it really difficult to defend imo. It was just a bit unfortunate that came when it did and cost us a couple of points. I'd have taken a draw before hand and had we come from 2 down to get a point then I'd have been absolutely delighted.

It was what it was,an encouraging performances with plenty to still work on. Take the hit at City next weekend and push from there, nice run of fixtures on the horizon but we've got to capitalise on them. Our run to Xmas will define the rest of the season, got to pick it up and get after teams and look to score heavily.

Hazard has an extraordinary reputation for a player who's done fuck all outside his domestic leagues. Not calling him shite or owt, far from it, but calling him world class is an insult to genuine world class players imo.

Great game. Feel sorry for the lads. They deserved more cos Chelsea has never looked that poor (1st half at least)

mbabu: what a great performance...and he is not even a LB! He should keep his place...a gamble but seems like he can handle it. His positioning was a bit off at times...but what a debut :love:

Defence did well in general.

krul did well and looks on form...(will never learn to kick though)!

Loves Mitrovic attitude.

Perez is awesome.

In the final minutes when we had the corner...( know De Jong was out and it was very important not to lose) ....but at home we cannot drag time in the corner instead of going for a goal...when we already scored 1 from corner earlier in the game.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd rather watch Ben Arfa like. As far as flair players go, Hazard is dull as fuck. Very effective and a very good player, but I'm never blown away by anything he does.

There's the difference though. Hazard has been consistently brilliant for about 4-5 years you don't have to pick out a handful of specific moments.

Agree with this. If consistency isn't an issue, HBA all day for me. Entertainment and effectiveness. For whatever reason (and there have been many), he's never been consistent.