Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Pain in the balls that they just got a wonder goal from nowhere to get back in the game.

We were cruising at 2-0, once that went in it was inevitable that doubt would creep in.

Hope Colback has leg aids btw.

Don't think we were cruising at all. 18% ball possession for a while there. Were letting them pass it around our box more or less.

Yeah but they didn't really look like scoring IMO.

Had they had any chances?

Mitrovic was defending deep in our own half. They were always going to create some chances. Had two or three good chances where they were called for offside.

Yeah but catching them offside is good defending IMO.

I don't know, think it's inevitable that 2-0 up against the champions we're gonna be pushed back. We were keeping them at bay quite well.

Guest firetotheworks

At home, taking it into the corner for a draw :( Bit sad that

Not in the circumstances like.

Aye not sad, f***ing shameful

Considering we're playing Chelsea, had conceded 2 in the second half, are low on confidence and the team were blowing out their arses, it's common sense.

It's not something I normally defend, but in this case it's fair enough imo.

Nap sorry that's just a load of s*** - you score from a corner and then you try  and keep it safe when you need 3 points - if it's 2 - 1 yes but not when you need the win

It's not a load of s*** for the exact reasons that I've just given. Not agreeing with it is fair enough, but there are enough reasons in those circumstances to make it understandable.

It is like and you don't win games if you don't try and win them as I said if it had been 2 - 1 fair enough

I've made my point, you don't get it, move on.

If we had conceded a 3rd whilst attacking the same lot would be bitching about how we didnt hold out for the draw.

If they were naive about it, I would be. There is that third option of "don't be naive, but don't be their bitches".

Some proper dicks on here like.  Wake up man, team low in confidence, 2-2 against a top team, our corner, Chelsea break and score there'd be fucking hell on.

Mostly because you really shouldn't concede a goal directly from your own corner. :lol:

I was nonplussed by the short corners. Would have preferred us to go for it but I can understand and accept why we didn't.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

People who say that strikers should only score goals when praising Cisse should have a look how Mitrovic was useful today. He didn't score but his holdup play and physicality was very important. Mbabu too deserves a shout for being physical and getting successful tackles in. Thought he was going to snap someones legs at one point  :lol:

Considering we're playing Chelsea, had conceded 2 in the second half, are low on confidence and the team were blowing out their arses, it's common sense.

Nap sorry that's just a load of s*** - you score from a corner and then you try  and keep it safe when you need 3 points - if it's 2 - 1 yes but not when you need the win

It's not a load of s*** for the exact reasons that I've just given. Not agreeing with it is fair enough, but there are enough reasons in those circumstances to make it understandable.

It is like and you don't win games if you don't try and win them as I said if it had been 2 - 1 fair enough

I get it it's you who don't

Very disappointing to lose that and totally undeserved given the performance.

Fucking awful that at the end though, it's actually soured it for me - defending a point at home? Nah that's not the way Newcastle United go about things.

That's it really. It's not the NUFC way to play it safe. We're not down to 10, or even 9 men (this time). Why not have a go? It's what the club is about. It's not some "rather lose 3-4, than win 1-0" shite either before anyone says it :lol:

...it kind of is like. :lol:

It's really not.

Drawing 2-2 from 2-0 up,

Defending the entire 2nd half,

Low on confidence,

Absolutely nackered,

Mitrovic not on the field,

Against Chelsea who have been getting chances,

Ramires and Hazard on the break.

1 minute left.

vs

Our 1 goal from 1 chance from a corner.

Howeh, it's not beyond the realms of common sense to take the positives in that situation and run.

I understood and disagree with your point on why you'd have held out for a 2-2, but that isn't what the "4-3, 0-1" shite represents IMO. That "4-3, 0-1" concoction is patronising horseplop.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking awful that at the end though, it's actually soured it for me - defending a point at home? Nah that's not the way Newcastle United go about things.

That's it really. It's not the NUFC way to play it safe. We're not down to 10, or even 9 men (this time). Why not have a go? It's what the club is about. It's not some "rather lose 3-4, than win 1-0" shite either before anyone says it :lol:

It's really not.

Drawing 2-2 from 2-0 up,

Low on confidence,

Absolutely nackered,

1 minute left.

vs

Howeh, it's not beyond the realms of common sense to take the positives in that situation and run.

I understood and disagree with your point on why you'd have held out for a 2-2, but that isn't what the "4-3, 0-1" shite represents IMO. That "4-3, 0-1" concoction is patronising horseplop.

It fits in with the whole attacking no matter what the circumstances 4-3 1-0 thing imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course I get it, I just don't agree. They're not the same thing. :lol:

f***ing awful that at the end though, it's actually soured it for me - defending a point at home? Nah that's not the way Newcastle United go about things.

That's it really. It's not the NUFC way to play it safe. We're not down to 10, or even 9 men (this time). Why not have a go? It's what the club is about. It's not some "rather lose 3-4, than win 1-0" s**** either before anyone says it :lol:

It's really not.

Drawing 2-2 from 2-0 up,

Low on confidence,

Absolutely nackered,

1 minute left.

vs

I understood and disagree with your point on why you'd have held out for a 2-2, but that isn't what the "4-3, 0-1" s**** represents IMO. That "4-3, 0-1" concoction is patronising horseplop.

It fits in with the whole attacking no matter what the circumstances 4-3 1-0 thing imo.

Who cares. Be quiet you two.

Of course I get it, I just don't agree. They're not the same thing. :lol:

Fair enough

It's really not.

Drawing 2-2 from 2-0 up,

Low on confidence,

Absolutely nackered,

1 minute left.

vs

I'd rather win and risk losing as a consequence is the same as I'd rather lose entertainingly than win in a boring manner? I disagree again. Off out so will leave it at that.