Man City 6-1 Newcastle - 03/10 - Post match reaction from p. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlueStar

Janmaat was a yard on side but aye, that's the only thing I can think of. He was clearly ahead of both Perez and Mitrovic when he played the ball across.

It's a fucking appalling decision. Not excusing the second half capitulation by any means, but ffs. A deserved 2-0 and it's a different game.

We'd have probably still collapsed.

When the ball was played to Jaanmat the only player in an offside position was Perez in the middle.  Not interfering with play but when the ball was crossed Perez flicked it on to Mitro and he made himself active hence the offside decision to disallow the goal.

Guest thenorthumbrian

It's an odd set up at Newcastle under Cashley, as others have said his major priority is to use St James' Park as a massive billboard to promote S***** D***** .

The manager, whoever is is, is constrained by Cashleys method of only buying players under 24 years of age so that they have a sell on value.

United are sold to players on the understanding they can make their mark at St James and then be sold to a "bigger" club.

It does nothing to generate a team spirit or sense of continuity at the club.

With Anita and  Gouffran  in the centre of midfield, we were always going to be in trouble . Need to find a commanding centre midfielder who can protect the back four  better than these two.

I thought Anita played well. Gouffran was  clearly a liability, even in the first half.

Colo probably has some clause in his contract that he has to remain club captain (probably insisted by Ashley) There are no leaders in the club for a reason, afterall.

I hear Shearer was quite savage in his assessment on MotD last night? I didn't tune in, suffice to say.

Janmaat was a yard on side but aye, that's the only thing I can think of. He was clearly ahead of both Perez and Mitrovic when he played the ball across.

It's a f***ing appalling decision. Not excusing the second half capitulation by any means, but ffs. A deserved 2-0 and it's a different game.

This! Had this argument with many braindead idiots. Not saying we would have gone on to win ffs, but to deny that it would have been a different game had we gone in ahead by 2 goals at HT is just stupid. It wasn't even a borderline decision, or a dubious sending off. It was a clear goal. A well worked move and a finish at the end of it. Boils my piss tbh.

When the ball was played to Jaanmat the only player in an offside position was Perez in the middle.  Not interfering with play but when the ball was crossed Perez flicked it on to Mitro and he made himself active hence the offside decision to disallow the goal.

Eh? How is that even part of the rules? Perez was nowhere near Janmaat when the ball was played. He was in no way interfering with play, so the new rule shouldn't apply in this case.

No.

Guest firetotheworks

This is wrong. As soon as he is back onside having been inactive in an offside position, he is allowed to become active again in the new phase of play.

Guest neesy111

This is wrong. As soon as he is back onside having been inactive in an offside position, he is allowed to become active again in the new phase of play.

You sure about that? New rules were put in place this season so people become active again and hence offside.

Goals on Sunday not even bothering to show the offside goal.

Did they even have enough time? I mean there was 7 given goals to get through.

:lol:

They had enough time to show a couple of chances that didn't go in so they did, aye  :p

You sure about that? New rules were put in place this season so people become active again and hence offside.

Wasn't the change not more to do with players blocking the keepers view/a defenders path whilst in an offside position?

Guest neesy111

Wasn't the change not more to do with players blocking the keepers view/a defenders path whilst in an offside position?

That was one change, but I remember benteke's goal earlier in the season that should had been disallowed v bournemouth under the new rules as he was originally offside but not active in the start of the move for the goal.

Not even sure what the phase of play fully means, but surely the phase of play where Perez was offside had passed during the time Janmaat had received the ball to making his cross. Otherwise people would be offside fo nothing all the time, it would be far too complicated to both officiate and follow too.

That was one change, but I remember benteke's goal earlier in the season that should had been disallowed v bournemouth under the new rules as he was originally offside but not active in the start of the goal.

Ahh missed that tbh, I'll have to have a look at it.

It's a f***ing appalling decision. Not excusing the second half capitulation by any means, but ffs. A deserved 2-0 and it's a different game.

This! Had this argument with many braindead idiots. Not saying we would have gone on to win ffs, but to deny that it would have been a different game had we gone in ahead by 2 goals at HT is just stupid. It wasn't even a borderline decision, or a dubious sending off. It was a clear goal. A well worked move and a finish at the end of it. Boils my p*ss tbh.

Your piss. My blood. Same pan.  :lol: what a f**king image!

Guest firetotheworks

Absolutely sure, the new law is about 'obvious actions' that impact on the opponent's ability to stop a goal. Mainly the goalkeeper.

I didn't even notice when I was watching the game yesterday that the goal was actually onside - the coverage of it was extremely minimal.

It was not even mentioned at half time either, I only realised when I caught a glance of it on MOTD in the pub last night.

2-0 would have been very different, not saying we would have won or anything but the game would have been entirely different.

Man City had a similar issue away at Spurs, the equaliser was miles offside and was not given - Spurs go on to win 4-1. Freakily similar game to ours as well actually.

If that offside call had been Man City versus Chelsea then it would have been a national talking point all week, even if Chelsea somehow managed to ship 6 goals afterwards. It wasn't, so it isn't. This is why it's getting more difficult to like football, any minor grievance on behalf of the rich sides is highlighted and everything else is swept under the carpet. See Ben Arfa getting his leg broken as the result of a savage challenge and numerous other incidents down the years. It's not a level playing field on or off the pitch.