Man City 6-1 Newcastle - 03/10 - Post match reaction from p. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BlueStar

Since 2008 we've only bought Cisse and Santon from the top four leagues in Europe. Colback/Gosling/Campbell etc were frees and obviously Obertan isn't a human let alone a footballer so doesn't count.

Clearly this is a problem. There's undoubtedly good players everywhere, but when your entire transfer policy is built around the fringes of European football and specifically only a handful of those fringes it is gonna be problematic simply through a law of averages. I wrote a pretty scathing post about our transfer policy on here recently, but this is another general trend that's worth noting.

Since 2008 we've only bought Cisse and Santon from the top four leagues in Europe. Colback/Gosling/Campbell etc were frees and obviously Obertan isn't a human let alone a footballer so doesn't count.

Clearly this is a problem. There's undoubtedly good players everywhere, but when your entire transfer policy is built around the fringes of European football and specifically only a handful of those fringes it is gonna be problematic simply through a law of averages. I wrote a pretty scathing post about our transfer policy on here recently, but this is another general trend that's worth noting.

Very true the likes of Anderlecht and Ajax and other teams we buy from couldn't beat fucking Celtic man these are 2nd rate leagues like the Scottish one. We may as well go and buy Kris fucking commons

To be honest, we were set up well and playing excellently in the first half. SMC had it spot on. We could have and probably should have been 2-0 up, maybe even 3-0 before they scored.

Second half we endured a terrible half, but not helped by the fact that Aguero was absolutely unplayable. They were due a turn around like this and they had the quality to do it.

Sadly, we collapsed like a pack of cards and were an absolute shambles. In no way can SMC be blamed for that IMO, he was let down by his players. Although, he needs to ensure that this does not happen again - it happened frequently last season under Carver and happened a lot under Pardew.

Had this had happened against the likes of Norwich or Leicester, I'd be a lot more worried. We were outclassed in the second half by a far superior team.

The first half/Chelsea game gives me confidence going into our next run of games, all easily winnable in the next 10 or so. The new formation looks good, the way the front players linked looks good - we should comfortably improve from here.

The main issue with the players is confidence, the second we concede we look vulnerable, this needs improving.

Gouffran was absolutely gash though, with Tiote coming back thankfully we probably won't see him again, just a shame Tiote was not fit enough to start.

To be honest, we were set up well and playing excellently in the first half. SMC had it spot on. We could have and probably should have been 2-0 up, maybe even 3-0 before they scored.

Second half we endured a terrible half, but not helped by the fact that Aguero was absolutely unplayable. They were due a turn around like this and they had the quality to do it.

Sadly, we collapsed like a pack of cards and were an absolute shambles. In no way can SMC be blamed for that IMO, he was let down by his players. Although, he needs to ensure that this does not happen again - it happened frequently last season under Carver and happened a lot under Pardew.

Had this had happened against the likes of Norwich or Leicester, I'd be a lot more worried. We were outclassed in the second half by a far superior team.

The first half/Chelsea game gives me confidence going into our next run of games, all easily winnable in the next 10 or so. The new formation looks good, the way the front players linked looks good - we should comfortably improve from here.

The main issue with the players is confidence, the second we concede we look vulnerable, this needs improving.

Gouffran was absolutely gash though, with Tiote coming back thankfully we probably won't see him again, just a shame Tiote was not fit enough to start.

Absolute horseshit. We have just been walloped like a bunch of naughty schoolboys. You trot out the far superior team shite like we should just roll over and die or be grateful. Did Spurs have the same attitude or West Ham no they didn't

I don't care which team you are or which division you play in...no fucking team should let in 6 goals in 18 minutes despite the opposition. I bet fucking Gateshead could go 18 mins without city scoring 6

Stop making excuses for this pathetic bunch of cowardly cunts

I can deal with about 3 goals under this theory, but at some point you've got to make some changes and/or do something to motivate your players to sure things up. He did nowt.. until we were 6-1 down.

Absolute horseshit. We have just been walloped like a bunch of naughty schoolboys. You trot out the far superior team s**** like we should just roll over and die or be grateful. Did Spurs have the same attitude or West Ham no they didn't

I don't care which team you are or which division you play in...no f***ing team should let in 6 goals in 18 minutes despite the opposition. I bet f***ing Gateshead could go 18 mins without city scoring 6

Stop making excuses for this pathetic bunch of cowardly c***s

honestly I give up with some of our fans totally and absolutely clueless - if than has happened against Norwich and Leicester did you not see the performances against Watford and Sheff Wed - you just can't make it up with some on here

We were immense first half; crowd was rocking, Gini was taking the p*ss, Mbabu was in control, Mbemba was colossal, Mitro looked like a train, thoroughly enjoyed it. We seems nervous (crowd and players) when we came out. Too many unforced errors, some by players who had been great (Mbemba passing to them for instance). Really f**king shell-shocked to be honest. Crowd excellent once recovered and doing Ole's for our passes, and singing we're going to win (6-5...then 7-6). Just imploded man...similar in kind to Chelsea, but just more dramatic.

I agree with most of this. McClaren should definitely have his share of blame though. His job is to give the players the confidence needed to see out games like this (or any game up until now really).

Regarding Gouffran it was frustrating to watch how he kept on giving players like Silva space. Strange decision keeping him on after HT.

Take away those freakish 20 minutes, we were alright today. Every year we get humped here, whether we're doing well, are mid-table or fighting relegation. At least this time we scored and had a spell of domination. If it wasn't Man City and Aguero, maybe it'd be a concern but I don't think today changes anything. Our fixtures are good going forward, let's use these two weeks to prepare for the real start to our season.

Take away those freakish 20 minutes, we were alright today. Every year we get humped here, whether we're doing well, are mid-table or fighting relegation. At least this time we scored and had a spell of domination. If it wasn't Man City and Aguero, maybe it'd be a concern but I don't think today changes anything. Our fixtures are good going forward, let's use these two weeks to prepare for the real start to our season.

We got beat 6-1 man. Luckily they declared at 6. They scored the fastest 5 goals in premier league history as we waved the white flag and folded like a pack of cards. Stop trying to polish a turd man you're only kidding yourself.

Missed this for a game of golf, good f***ing decision. What was Mitrovic's goal like?

Good move. Mbabu steamed past Zabaleta on the left. Ball found its way to Wijnaldum in the channel, cracking little cross with the outside of the boot, diving header from Mitrovic into the corner.

We lost 6-1 for cunts sake

A "far superior team" that have 3 points more than Palace and Leicester. Aye they're decent but the longer Newcastle fans turn up against these teams fully accepting of getting massacred, the more that's what we'll get. West Ham and Spurs both turned this lot over ffs.