Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

If this is the way every derby is going to be referee'd we'll never win one again. All the fouls Sunderland have committed and we're the team with a yellow and red card.

Newcastle were poor first half, anyway. Maybe average. Sunderland were abysmal.

No composure in the final third, even though they were there for the taking. So many shinned shots. Oh well. Same old s***.

We weren't poor at all.

I thought we were actually quite good until the final few minutes ball.

Horrible decision. Fletcher's momentum made it look way worse and he made the most of it. At the very most it's aggressive from Coloccini which is what you'd expect. That in no way means it's a penalty.

Sunderland have been dreadful as well, not sure how you weren't ahead.

If this is the way every derby is going to be referee'd we'll never win one again. All the fouls Sunderland have committed and we're the team with a yellow and red card.

How is it like this man? They are fouling us all over the fucking place, Cattermole sticking his knee in Ayoze and gets off without anything.

Still think Coloccini does wrong there, he runs out of the path of going for the ball and gets the player, the red card is insane for me though.

Players do that all the time though. If thats obstruction, its obstruction everytime a player lays the ball off and moves across the pass of the opposition player so they cant close it down quickly.

It is a massively common move in football. Shoulder to shoulder is seen as a strength battle, thats it.

Yeah but you probably shouldn't do that in a situation like that when as a captain you know how things has been in these games. It's like the referees are looking for opportunities to be in the spotlight. I agree with you though, you see that type of obstruction pretty much every game and no one cares. Still, why put your self in that position? Mental red card decision.

As people have rightly said, we can still very much win this. Those cunts can't even string a pass together, we just need to keep turning the screw.

This, if we never had the red card then I could still see us getting back into it and possibly winning it still, however I think we'll hide now.