Robert Madley 3-0 Newcastle - 25/10/15 - Post match reaction from Half Time

Mike

Bunch of excuses? We were cheated out of the game. A football match lasts 90 minutes. Just because we didn't score before the red card doesn't mean we weren't clearly the better team. It was only a matter of time before we found a way through.

Aye, it does. It also continues after a red card.

Really fucked off by how readily people have accepted a 3-0 shafting off such a wank team just because of that one bad decision halfway through. We passed it about nicely for a while, whoopy fucking do. In our position, and after five defeats in a row to this lot, the result was everything.

Bunch of excuses? We were cheated out of the game. A football match lasts 90 minutes. Just because we didn't score before the red card doesn't mean we weren't clearly the better team. It was only a matter of time before we found a way through.

Aye, it does. It also continues after a red card.

Really fucked off by how readily people have accepted a 3-0 shafting off such a wank team just because of that one bad decision halfway through. We passed it about nicely for a while, whoopy fucking do. In our position, and after five defeats in a row to this lot, the result was everything.

:thup:

You'd think some people had never seen a football match before: "We dominated the first half without creating a real chance. That means we were DEFINITELY going to win."

Aye, football always works like that. :rolleyes:

Come on lads, we didn't just pass it about. Pantilimon had to make a few decent saves throughout the 90 minutes, and not from pot-luck long range shots. It wasn't like we just passed it in front of them. Our finishing let us down, aye, but that's not to say we weren't dangerous in attack. The red card changed the match. There's no denying that. If it had been the reverse (mackems were very good and we were s***), and they got the red and we scored the penalty, we would still be complaining that the result flattered us as the sending off changed the momentum in our favor.

Too much of this is being linked to Ashley and the way he runs things etc... Why can't one be objective about individual incidents? 9 times out of 10 we would have been that shower of s**** the way we played. That is not even up for debate. Yeah obviously football doesn't always work that way, but by the same token, professional refs shouldn't be making such blatant mistakes that affect a match in this way.

Come on lads, we didn't just pass it about. Pantilimon had to make a few decent saves throughout the 90 minutes, and not from pot-luck long range shots. It wasn't like we just passed it in front of them. Our finishing let us down, aye, but that's not to say we weren't dangerous in attack. The red card changed the match. There's no denying that. If it had been the reverse (mackems were very good and we were s***), and they got the red and we scored the penalty, we would still be complaining that the result flattered us as the sending off changed the momentum in our favor.

Too much of this is being linked to Ashley and the way he runs things etc... Why can't one be objective about individual incidents? 9 times out of 10 we would have been that shower of s**** the way we played. That is not even up for debate. Yeah obviously football doesn't always work that way, but by the same token, professional refs shouldn't be making such blatant mistakes that affect a match in this way.

It's right to link the result to Ashley, absolutely. You also have to admit that the game was turned on it's head by the dickhead ref as well though, maybe we wouldn't have won but we looked far more likely to than them.

I've seen Newcastle dominate a first half then come out for the second and look a complete shower of shit hundreds of times, including several times this season. I've also seen the opposite where we improve dramatically after half time. That's football.

We got screwed by the referee, no question, but we should have made sure of being at least a goal to the good coming up to half time. Nobody's fault that we didn't other than ours. What if they'd made tactical changes at half time and improved? What would the excuse have been then?

People going on like two opinions are mutually exclusive. Believing Ashley is (correctly) the root of our problems does not render the opinion that a game we were dominating was both turned on its head and instantly weighted in their favour invalid.

All this 'never seen a game of football before' shit. How many times have teams come back from one nil down and a sending off in a local fucking derby like ours? Howay man.

I've seen Newcastle dominate a first half then come out for the second and look a complete shower of shit hundreds of times, including several times this season. I've also seen the opposite where we improve dramatically after half time. That's football.

We got screwed by the referee, no question, but we should have made sure of being at least a goal to the good coming up to half time. Nobody's fault that we didn't other than ours. What if they'd made tactical changes at half time and improved? What would the excuse have been then?

Sure if the referee had warned us he was going to give them a goal and a man advantage, we would've tried harder to get into the lead.

People going on like two opinions are mutually exclusive. Believing Ashley is (correctly) the root of our problems does not render the opinion that a game we were dominating was both turned on its head and instantly weighted in their favour invalid.

All this 'never seen a game of football before' shit. How many times have teams come back from one nil down and a sending off in a local fucking derby like ours? Howay man.

We didn't just not come back though, we got fucking thrashed. Again.

All this 'never seen a game of football before' s***. How many times have teams come back from one nil down and a sending off in a local f***ing derby like ours? Howay man.

We didn't just not come back though, we got f***ing thrashed. Again.

I completely fail to understand how you can look at the game and talk about us getting thrashed without looking at the context within which it happened.  Would we have been thrashed 3-0 if we had 11 men and they hadn't got a dubious penalty? No.  Would we have been thrashed 3-0 if they had got a penalty but we retained 11 men?  Highly unlikely.  They scored three goals because we unjustly had a man sent off and were trying to chase the game when it was 10 vs 11.  It was inevitable that playing with 10 men for 45 mins would lead us conceding more goals.

We didn't just not come back though, we got fucking thrashed. Again.

There's no answer to that, you and everyone else knows it was a different type of performance to the five defeats before it.

We tried to win the game with ten men and got beat, it happens, let's not forget he was ripped to shreds for closing the Swansea game out with ten men.

Guest firetotheworks

Against one of the worst Sunlun sides I can remember who'd lost 2 players through injury.

This is another point for me. The last 6 defeats have come against comfortably the worst Sunderland side we've come up against. Arguably the best one that we played against was beaten 5-1. There's absolutely NO excuse like.

Against one of the worst Sunlun sides I can remember who'd lost 2 players through injury.

Replaced with better ones off the bench.

Exactly, it's like theoretically saying Colback was forced off and we brought on a better player to replace him [emoji38]

If we had a better player that is.

This is another point for me. The last 6 defeats have come against comfortably the worst Sunderland side we've come up against. Arguably the best one that we played against was beaten 5-1. There's absolutely NO excuse like.

Course there's not, but there is for this individual game.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: It's going around in circles like, my two finishing questions are as follows.

1. Can you point to any moment prior to the sending off when we had a clear cut chance at goal?

2. Do you think that pre Ashley/Pardew, a Newcastle team would have conceded a further two goals against that Sunderland team? Or would it have been more likely to fight back for a draw considering the possession we had?

:lol: It's going around in circles like, my two finishing questions are as follows.

1. Can you point to any moment prior to the sending off when we had a clear cut chance at goal?

2. Do you think that pre Ashley/Pardew, a Newcastle team would have conceded a further two goals against that Sunderland team? Or would it have been more likely to fight back for a draw considering the possession we had?

1.  I assume this depends on your definition of a clear cut chance, but I would say that Coloccini's 'overhead' kick was a clear cut chance and when the ball was squared back to Perez about 6 yards out but he scuffed it was a clear cut chance.  I'd have to rewatch the game to let you if we had any others.  I reckon you could throw in Colback's half volley in as well.

2.  I am not sure how you answer this question - the teams that Keegan and Robson had were so much better than the one we have now, so there is a much better chance we would have fought back to get a draw, but I am not sure how that is relevant to be honest.

1. Coloccini from a corner, Colback from Janmaat's lofted ball, and the blatant foul on Wijnaldum we should have had a penalty for.

2. Despite being down to 10, we probably had better chances to score in the second half. Sunderland were all over the shop at the back and let us in behind them time and time again. We didn't just wilt after the first half. Their second changed everything, and that;s the one gripe I have with our lot from this game. Leaving their man unmarked to volley the ball through a crowd of players was probably the one mistake we made the whole game.

Guest firetotheworks

1.  I assume this depends on your definition of a clear cut chance, but I would say that Coloccini's 'overhead' kick was a clear cut chance and when the ball was squared back to Perez about 6 yards out but he scuffed it was a clear cut chance.  I'd have to rewatch the game to let you if we had any others.  I reckon you could throw in Colback's half volley in as well.

2.  I am not sure how you answer this question - the teams that Keegan and Robson had were so much better than the one we have now, so there is a much better chance we would have fought back to get a draw, but I am not sure how that is relevant to be honest.

I don't mean just Keegan and Robson though, I mean every modern day Newcastle team pre Ashley or even pre Pardew, with the obvious exception of Kinnear.

I've seen Newcastle dominate a first half then come out for the second and look a complete shower of s*** hundreds of times, including several times this season. I've also seen the opposite where we improve dramatically after half time. That's football.

Those are hypothetical questions man. We got shafted as you say, there's nothing more nothing less to it. Two major decisions went against us in the space of 30 seconds and that changed the game. We also controlled the tempo of the game with a man less and if Mitrovic puts it away we probably come away from this game with a point. Football is a game of details most of the time. We could've gotten battered by Sunderland in the 2nd half with 11 men, but I highly doubt that considering how the game was played even in the 2nd half. They scored on a flukey corner and then a counter attack when we were pushing men forward. Would people have been happier with 1-0 loss?

There's no way people can sit there and say that we were only passing it around whoopy doo (Dave..). We had couple of goal scoring chances that on our day easily goes in. We can't complain about the PERFORMANCE. Sure the result absolutely sucked, but we undeservedly lost.

We clearly aren't what we used to be 12-13 years ago, but our performances ahve been far better than what we've seen in the last 3 years or so.

I don't mean just Keegan and Robson though, I mean every modern day Newcastle team pre Ashley or even pre Pardew, with the obvious exception of Kinnear.

I don't think the team we had under Dalglish (bar the season he finished off), Gullit or Souness would have come back - no.  In fact, I am slightly surprised you think they would have done.

That's rubbish like, almost everyone on here detests Ashley and a good proportion stopped giving him money years ago. Doesn't mean you can't comment the football has been a bit better this year and stand by the idea we're well shot of Pardew at least.

A "couple of goal scoring chances" against the worst team in the division. Impressive.

We weren't anywhere near as good in the first half as people seem to think we were imo. A lot of the ball and very little genuine threat posed with it.

I've seen Newcastle dominate a first half then come out for the second and look a complete shower of s*** hundreds of times, including several times this season. I've also seen the opposite where we improve dramatically after half time. That's football.

Those are hypothetical questions man. We got shafted as you say, there's nothing more nothing less to it. Two major decisions went against us in the space of 30 seconds and that changed the game. We also controlled the tempo of the game with a man less and if Mitrovic puts it away we probably come away from this game with a point. Football is a game of details most of the time. We could've gotten battered by Sunderland in the 2nd half with 11 men, but I highly doubt that considering how the game was played even in the 2nd half. They scored on a flukey corner and then a counter attack when we were pushing men forward. Would people have been happier with 1-0 loss?

There's no way people can sit there and say that we were only passing it around whoopy doo (Dave..). We had couple of goal scoring chances that on our day easily goes in. We can't complain about the PERFORMANCE. Sure the result absolutely sucked, but we undeservedly lost.

We clearly aren't what we used to be 12-13 years ago, but our performances ahve been far better than what we've seen in the last 3 years or so.